Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Spurs cant be out of time outs there...can you imagine if we'd done that

..lost a 25-point lead and ......left with no time outs?....we'd want our coach fired

Pacers would never do something like that in the playoffs

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Pacers would never do something like that in the playoffs

lmao. Yeah of course not with the great Paul George. This game was one of the best Playoff games I have seen in a long time. I only watched the 2nd Half because I went out to eat with my Mother. Warriors looked like a team out in the middle of the ocean with Jaws lurking in that 3rd Qtr. It sucks Leonard got injured but the Spurs still had a 23 point cushion. This loss is very demoralizing for the Spurs. Now the Spurs have to win 4 of the next 6 games just to win in 7.

..and a quiz for myself going forward.

In the NBA a 25-point lead is:

1.) Prelude to a certain victory

2.) A dominating performance worthy of 5 minutes of ESPN highlights

3. ) Just a good few minutes that don't really matter in the long run against good teams

,....I'll have to work on it

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

lmao. Yeah of course not with the great Paul George. This game was one of the best Playoff games I have seen in a long time. I only watched the 2nd Half because I went out to eat with my Mother. Warriors looked like a team out in the middle of the ocean with Jaws lurking in that 3rd Qtr. It sucks Leonard got injured but the Spurs still had a 23 point cushion. This loss is very demoralizing for the Spurs. Now the Spurs have to win 4 of the next 6 games just to win in 7.

I thought it'd be over in 5 games before the series. Now, I'm more confident than I already was

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

..and a quiz for myself going forward.

In the NBA a 25-poimnt lead is:

1.) Prelude to a certain victory

2.) A dominating performance worthy of 5 minutes of ESPN highlights

3. ) Just a good few minutes that don't really matter in the long run against good teams

,....I'll have to work on it

I want to see how long how the Warriors and Cavs can go before losing, so I didn't mind seeing the Warriors win today. I did pick them to win it all as well. I don't like the Cavs or LeBron but I think it would be cool if both teams were undefeated going into the Finals. That has never happened before. I don't think the Warriors can sweep the Spurs though. Spurs are a good team even with out Leonard LOL. Great with him.

21 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Like Houston.. Blowing their load in game 5.. that's what the Spurs did.. Warriors will start out game 2 much better.. and this will still end in 5 games

I was just over at ESPN reading the comments from the Game Thread. Man people think I hate LeBron, I have nothing on how people hate the Warriors in general. People are calling Zaza a dirty player, that he tried to intentionally hurt Leonard, etc.. Some people are even hoping for a Curry injury on that Thread. How low can you get. Curry put up 40 Points and Durant 34, hard to beat a team that has 2 guys score 74 no matter who is out there. The Warriors hate from some fans far exceeds anything I have seen in years on that Site. It's worse than the LeBron hate. I think many just want to see them lose because Durant went there and they already were a great team. Cavs beat them last season so Durant going there is probably needed as LeBron figured out to beat the Warriors without Durant. Cavs fans have no problem though with them being 34,000,000 dollars over payroll and picking up every player imaginable like Korver for a bag of chips. LeBron playing with Irving and Love is no biggy either lmao 

15 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Like Houston.. Blowing their load in game 5.. that's what the Spurs did.. Warriors will start out game 2 much better.. and this will still end in 5 games

I am not counting anyone out after the way the Cavs came back down 3-1 last season against the Warriors but this game is pretty demoralizing for the Spurs.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not counting anyone out after the way the Cavs came back down 3-1 last season against the Warriors but this game is pretty demoralizing for the Spurs.

Let's not forget though 2006. The only reason that series went past 5 games is because LeBron was a little * that knew he had to get Draymond suspended. No way do the Warriors lose Game 5 at home with Draymond playing

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Let's not forget though 2006. The only reason that series went past 5 games is because LeBron was a little * that knew he had to get Draymond suspended. No way do the Warriors lose Game 5 at home with Draymond playing

I think so as well but the Warriors had Game 7 at home and should've never lost that at home. It is what it is, Durant is there now so we will see this season.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think so as well but the Warriors had Game 7 at home and should've never lost that at home. It is what it is, Durant is there now so we will see this season.

I agree about Game 7. That enraged me. But the point is LeBron knew he couldn't do it alone. NBA knew that series would've ended in 5 games so they did what they did to make sure Cavs had a chance to win

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was just over at ESPN reading the comments from the Game Thread. Man people think I hate LeBron, I have nothing on how people hate the Warriors in general. People are calling Zaza a dirty player, that he tried to intentionally hurt Leonard, etc.. Some people are even hoping for a Curry injury on that Thread. How low can you get. Curry put up 40 Points and Durant 34, hard to beat a team that has 2 guys score 74 no matter who is out there. The Warriors hate from some fans far exceeds anything I have seen in years on that Site. It's worse than the LeBron hate. I think many just want to see them lose because Durant went there and they already were a great team. Cavs beat them last season so Durant going there is probably needed as LeBron figured out to beat the Warriors without Durant. Cavs fans have no problem though with them being 34,000,000 dollars over payroll and picking up every player imaginable like Korver for a bag of chips. LeBron playing with Irving and Love is no biggy either lmao 

Yeah.. the hate for GS state is terrible lol they've only been around for 3 years.. give em 3 more years and I can understand.. like geeze San Antonio hasn't been there enough.. Patriots of basketball.

I don't know how they could call Zaza's foul dirty? He clearly fouled him and they called it.. was he not supposed to contest the shot?

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I agree about Game 7. That enraged me. But the point is LeBron knew he couldn't do it alone. NBA knew that series would've ended in 5 games so they did what they did to make sure Cavs had a chance to win

Game 7 was shocking to me as well. Teams usually never lose Game 7 at home in the Finals. Especially a great team like the Warriors. I will give LeBron and Kyrie huge credit for finding a way to win that. Kyrie was huge in that 4th Qtr. Warriors went the last 5 minutes of that game without scoring as well which is truly shocking. It was just LeBron's time in Cleveland much like it was the Cubs time last season to end their curse with their unreal comeback down 3-1 against the Indians.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Game 7 was shocking to me as well. Teams usually never lose Game 7 at home in the Finals. Especially a great team like the Warriors. I will give LeBron and Kyrie huge credit for finding a way to win that. Kyrie was huge in that 4th Qtr. Warriors went the last 5 minutes of that game without scoring as well which is truly shocking. It was just LeBron's time in Cleveland much like it was the Cubs time last season to end their curse with their unreal comeback down 3-1 against the Indians.

I give the Cavs credit for playing better those final 3 games. They made plays down the stretch. But no one can tell me that the Warriors lose Game 5 at home with Draymond in the lineup. That was a bush league move by LeBron and everyone knows it

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

And waaay off topic.. but all this talk about the Cavs and resting this season.. GEE ZUZ when the BLEEP are they going to play goodness they've had 2 vacations this post season..

Yes they have. But I can assure you the Cavs won't sweep the conference finals

11 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yeah.. the hate for GS state is terrible lol they've only been around for 3 years.. give em 3 more years and I can understand.. like geeze San Antonio hasn't been there enough.. Patriots of basketball.

I don't know how they could call Zaza's foul dirty? He clearly fouled him and they called it.. was he not supposed to contest the shot?

Many are saying he sled his foot under Leonard on purpose. It looked like his foot was actually to the right of Leonard and Leonard still landed on it. Just a fluke injury play IMO. I know the Spurs have been winning Titles since 1999 and LeBron has won 3 and been 6 years a row but yet it's not ok to hate on them and it is the Warriors who only have won 1 Title. Some people don't look at both sides of the situation and just side with who they are rooting for no matter what. It's not like the Warriors have made the Finals 6 years in a row and have won 3 or 4. The hate they receive is really goofy, they aren't even a Dynasty. Nobody calls Durant or Curry the GOAT either or 2nd best ever challenging Jordan like they do LeBron in the media constantly.

12 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yes they have. But I can assure you the Cavs won't sweep the conference finals

I want to see the Wizards in there but they have a tall task winning Game 7 at Boston. The Wizards have the athletes to at least hang with the Cavs IMO, Celtics don't. They are too small and a poor Rebounding team at times.

7 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

The hate for the Warriors is unwarranted. They play as a team and don't usually beat themselves. That's something I want to see in a basketball team

Amen, I don't have a favorite basketball team I watch for just pure love of the game.. and you nailed it. Klay can only score 6 points... but that's okay other people pick up the slack.. the next game he'll score 20

8 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

The hate for the Warriors is unwarranted. They play as a team and don't usually beat themselves. That's something I want to see in a basketball team

A lot of people cant stand the fact they live and die by the 3 but isn't that what Cleveland did last year and does now. I mean the Cavs are a 3 point happy team. It is basically LeBron driving and if he cant get to the hoop he just dishes out to Love or Korver or Smith for 3, etc.. Same with Kyrie he does the same thing.