Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NE Over Texans QB Or No QB

King Colt

Texans are favored by a field goal.  I would not bet this game.  To many moving parts.  Maybe Gronk is back and Houston meets the Pat's two TE attack.  Maybe 1st half Jimmy G returns.  Maybe he is hampered or maybe Houston faces a third string QB (who looked pretty good to me Sunday).  According to the Spreadapedia database, home teams have won at 62.4 percent clip on Thursdays since 2006. This 58-35 mark includes NFL Kickoff and Thanksgiving games.  The Pats are a good home team and are 3-0 in Thursday night kick off games.  I agree with Chad72 -- it's going to be a grinder.

Houston is a losing team like New England is a winning team. They each find ways to do those 2 things no matter what. The Colts are a winning team and I say they'll beat the Texans twice this year as long as Luck is ou there. Knowing that, I'm pulling for the Pats but for a different reason - to enjoy the Brady homer damage control that we've talked about before.

So 3 weeks into Tom Brady's suspension and even after having his primary backup out for 1 game, the Patriots are 3 - 0.  That also includes Gronk missing some games.  

Love him or hate him, Belichek outcoaches just about anyone in this league.  While he's willing to bend or break any rule that he thinks he can get away with, the man is unquestionably the best coach in the NFL.  He wins no matter who he has to send out on the field.

Honestly it makes you wonder if Tom Brady is even really that great of a QB or if he's just a slightly above average QB who happened to land on the team coached by Belichek.  

Swap a healthy Tony Romo with a healthy Tom Brady for their careers.  Does Tony Romo win 4 SB's and Tom Brady lands the "can't win a playoff game" label??

19 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Houston is a losing team like New England is a winning team. They each find ways to do those 2 things no matter what. The Colts are a winning team and I say they'll beat the Texans twice this year as long as Luck is ou there. Knowing that, I'm pulling for the Pats but for a different reason - to enjoy the Brady homer damage control that we've talked about before.

Exactly.

I would literally take the Pats with a punter as a QB.

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

So 3 weeks into Tom Brady's suspension and even after having his primary backup out for 1 game, the Patriots are 3 - 0.  That also includes Gronk missing some games.  

Love him or hate him, Belichek outcoaches just about anyone in this league.  While he's willing to bend or break any rule that he thinks he can get away with, the man is unquestionably the best coach in the NFL.  He wins no matter who he has to send out on the field.

Honestly it makes you wonder if Tom Brady is even really that great of a QB or if he's just a slightly above average QB who happened to land on the team coached by Belichek.  

Swap a healthy Tony Romo with a healthy Tom Brady for their careers.  Does Tony Romo win 4 SB's and Tom Brady lands the "can't win a playoff game" label??

I've been saying this for several years.  Cassel led them basically to the playoffs except for a tie breaker.  The #2 and #3 QBs on Patriots are winning games.  It's not Brady who is the superstar... it's Mr. Hoodie.  Brady would still do well on basically any other team because he's a good quarterback, but he would have never been in GOAT contention with Manning/Montana/etc. if it weren't for being under BB.  He'd probably be like a Carson Palmer or something overall skill-wise (very good but not top 5).

6 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Oh no doubt, I've been saying this from day one during the Peyton vs. Brady debates of old. It's an unfair comparison because it's technically Peyton vs. Brady (w/ Belichick). Peyton had to work with Jim Caldwell as a head coach.