Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts After Bengals-Colts Preseason Game #4

JPFolks

23 hours ago, krunk said:

I noticed we had Art Jones out there playing.  I wonder if they were just getting him some playing time since he'll be suspended 4 games or are they thinking about cutting him?

I remember when we had 2 veteran D linemen play in game 4 last time and people were like what the heck?  Then they got cut leaving us with rookies who played their butts off.  It wouldn't be a shock if he got cut, but if they can afford him, may as well keep him so we have a really good front interior D line.  Have we ever had a really good interior D line? I don't remember any. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/1/2016 at 11:55 PM, JPFolks said:

@twfish 

Well, if you're as thorough as you suggest, you'll have seen me break down in very descriptive detail play after play when we were focused on the O-Line play.  Also, each week I usually mention that I will go back and rewatch the game to pick up additional info.   Even on this very post before your criticism, I posted details of the catches and targets for McKay.  I ALSO mentioned that in real time, in my head (since I didn't mention it) I mistook Smith for Rogers on the game winning TD and wanted to credit him for a great play.  

The game had just ended when I posted.  No one could have rewatched it that fast, but I know people like to discuss the game afterwards and for whatever reason, I am the only person who has posted a recap of each game right after it was over.   Do I see every single play in detail on Offense and Defense? Nope.  Neither do you.  The difference is I come to a message board for discussion, not to simply state detailed play by play on a meaningless Game 4 preseason game.  I gleaned what I could from it.  It appears you are a Smith supporter.  That's great, why not add something useful and discuss in great detail all his preseason play which makes him a standout? I'd be happy to read it.  But you haven't done that for the past 4 games up to this point that I have seen (feel free to direct me to it), so your criticism seems a little gratuitous to me simply because overall, I am not that impressed with Smith as I have been with Rogers and I am not all that excited by him as our #5.  I could be wrong, and so could you.  That's why we have discussions and opinions right? We'll likely keep him or Bray, so we'll know soon enough.  I'd rather have a proven veteran who got cut.  

Not sure what else to say, other than no one has forced you to read my posts.  Afterall, if you've read all 4 of them it suggests you must have some level of interest in them OR you're a masochist. Either way no one is stopping you from a detailed argument supporting Smith.  I'll be happy to take a look.  

@twfish  I guess the Colts agreed with me that Smith was nothing special.  

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I told you so, I told you so, I told you so. Really?

Hey, when someone slams me and questions my knowledge and whether I should even be posting based on something he was wrong about from the start, yes., I am going to point it out.  I supported a lot of the players during preseason who made the initial cut and I didn't support guys who were cut.  In fact only Quarles of guys I liked got cut but I only said they should keep him over Bailey., but I expected they'd both get cut and they did as we have so many solid guys at those positions.  Lesson, don't trash people who have any opinion, they may be right sooner than you think.  And you posting your comment simply called even more attention to it.  

5 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Hey, when someone slams me and questions my knowledge and whether I should even be posting based on something he was wrong about from the start, yes., I am going to point it out.  I supported a lot of the players during preseason who made the initial cut and I didn't support guys who were cut.  In fact only Quarles of guys I liked got cut but I only said they should keep him over Bailey., but I expected they'd both get cut and they did as we have so many solid guys at those positions.  Lesson, don't trash people who have any opinion, they may be right sooner than you think.  And you posting your comment simply called even more attention to it.  

You may be right or you might be wrong but writing a long novel about it makes it boring.