Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton On Comedy Central Sept. 05

King Colt

Manning will; be part of a roast of Rob Lowe on the Comedy Central Network on Sept 5. the modern day roasts can get way too raunchy for me but hopefully it will be toned down a bit. Should be interesting what dirt they can dig up on Mr. Clean. Peyton was excellent on SNL and should be worth watching.

Apparently Peyton said he wasn't the only athlete there (at Rob Lowes roast).  He said Ann Coulter (also there to roast) won the Kentucky Derby. (She has a horse-face). I heard the roast ended up being more directed at her than Lowe by all the participants.

funny

6 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Apparently Peyton said he wasn't the only athlete there (at Rob Lowes roast).  He said Ann Coulter (also there to roast) won the Kentucky Derby. (She has a horse-face). I heard the roast ended up being more directed at her than Lowe by all the participants.

I dont have the background on if he personally knows Ann Coulter but if he doesn't this causes me to lose some respect for Peyton.   Considering his alleged past behavior with a woman trainer in his college days you would think he would avoid this type of thing.

Most of that 'roast' directed towards Ann was beyond vile and mean spirited and not meant as a joke.

I really hope Peyton didn't just jump on the attack bandwagon in a personal way.  

1 hour ago, ColtfreakDVA said:

I dont have the background on if he personally knows Ann Coulter but if he doesn't this causes me to lose some respect for Peyton.   Considering his alleged past behavior with a woman trainer in his college days you would think he would avoid this type of thing.

Most of that 'roast' directed towards Ann was beyond vile and mean spirited and not meant as a joke.

I really hope Peyton didn't just jump on the attack bandwagon in a personal way.  

Have you ever seen a roast before?

1 hour ago, ColtfreakDVA said:

I take it you don't watch many roasts,   and by many,  I mean zero

16 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Have you ever seen a roast before?

It was just a roast and Coulter only attended to get pub for her new book. She loved that they spent so much time on her. 

She is so awful and hateful (her public persona, anyway) I haven't seen the roast yet, but I'm looking forward to hearing what Jeff Ross has to say about her. That dude is the king. 

Edit: was trying to quote DVA, must've messed it up. 

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I take it you don't watch many roasts,   and by many,  I mean zero

I have watched roasts, would say a decent amount but in a day that is much different than now.  

The comedy central version i have never seen until this came out and quiet frankly I dont want to see them if this is what it has become.

Peyton's jab was tame compared to the others but still was in the same spirit IMO.

Unless she knew ahead and still signed up for it I stand by my disappointment of Peyton for joining in.  Thought this was about Rob Lowe?

4 hours ago, ColtfreakDVA said:

Um, that is the purpose of a roast.  Its not to make jokes, its to cut people down at the knees.  Besides, ann coulter is the vilest, most racist, ignorant excuse of a woman ever to walk the earth.

i'm sure lowe asked for him to be there cuz he's a colts fan.

have u ever seen the roasts? What he said was tame. They get VERY graphic.  THAT IS A ROAST.

relax, you sound like a troll.

3 hours ago, ColtfreakDVA said:

I have watched roasts, would say a decent amount but in a day that is much different than now.  

Are we talking black and white, or was this in the days of radio?

you really need to get out more.

prime time tv is worse than this.

maybe you can sit beside Kapernick and boycot comedy central.

haha

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/08/28/ann-coulter-told-to-kill-youself-at-comedy-central-rob-lowe-roast.html

this has some of the jokes.  Enjoy

coltsfreak..... You should probably not click on this if you thought peyton's comment was bad

and heres the "5 best jokes" from the roast

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/5-best-jokes-from-rob-lowes-comedy-central-roast-w436543

6 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Um, that is the purpose of a roast.  Its not to make jokes, its to cut people down at the knees.  Besides, ann coulter is the vilest, most racist, ignorant excuse of a woman ever to walk the earth.

i'm sure lowe asked for him to be there cuz he's a colts fan.

have u ever seen the roasts? What he said was tame. They get VERY graphic.  THAT IS A ROAST.

relax, you sound like a troll.

I am guessing that you are much younger than I and perhaps school age?

You might want to research roasts and get a better context from the golden age of TV of what they were about.  Comedy Central has certainly changed them since the first were done.

5 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Are we talking black and white, or was this in the days of radio?

you really need to get out more.

prime time tv is worse than this.

maybe you can sit beside Kapernick and boycot comedy central.

haha

Actually it wasn't too far past black and white but in the 70's and early 80's

Dean Martin made roasts famous.

These roasts were good natured  jabs and poking fun at others.  Not mean spirited, vulgar zingers about a persons character.

I would recommend that you "get out" a bit yourself and look back in time to the origins of things before jumping to such conclusions.

Anyways, I do boycott them as I dont have cable any more :-)

Agree with ColtFreakDVA, roasts (as with everything else) have evolved into something meaner.  Rather that suggesting that he relax, maybe people should consider that all things have become perhaps too 'sensational' and rude.

Just sayin

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Agree with ColtFreakDVA, roasts (as with everything else) have evolved into something meaner.  Rather that suggesting that he relax, maybe people should consider that all things have become perhaps too 'sensational' and rude.

Just sayin

Can't agree more. Surprised Peyton agreed to partake honestly. To make a comment about someone's looks with "THAT" forehead....very brave Peyton...very brave lol.

The media overall leans more and more toward trash in order to get ratings. Even the F word is done but bleeped out but you know it was said. The last roast I saw was pure gutter trash and things were said that I have never said and that is saying a lot. Morality is a dying bird. 

Peyton loves the comedy, & if I remember correctly, his first season as a Bronco, he even assigned his (much younger) offensive linemen to watch many of the comedies he grew up watching, so that they'd 'get' his 'inside' jokes & comedic references. So while being snide or making rude comments isn't really in 18's character, it is also not that surprising that he would jump at the chance to partake in an event that has become a tradition in the comedy world...