Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Now 3rd Best Team In Our Division??? Outrageous!!

WarGhost21

Of course most of us are going to agree to disagree with these rankings.  I personally like it better when the Colts are under dogs or not picked to win much.  I think they'll prove every wrong and take back the South again this year.  Regular Season Football Games can't get here fast enough!

I hate the disrespect but I don't mind being an underdog for a change because that puts a lot of pressure on Houston and Jacks to live up to their hype. Just my AFC Rankings: We aren't better than the Pats, Steelers, or Chiefs but after that it's a crapshoot. We always beat the Chiefs though for some reason and we beat the Bengals in the Playoffs 2 years ago. We own the Broncos too, why I have no idea but I love it!

45 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Take a look at this gem on NFL.com!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000682013/article/nfl-preseason-power-rankings-jets-blast-off-steelers-plunge

I for one am not happy with being 3rd in the division. Yes, we have a lot to prove this year, but 19th?!?!?!?!?!?!

What do you guys think?

this shouldnt be a surprise, the talking heads have been saying this for months now.  But a year ago, they said we were a lock to win the superbowl.......

I don't think Denver will be as billed this season.  To me this is the same scenario as the Ravens under Brian Billick thinking they could just ride the defense with poor to average quarterback play.   I don't think Sanchez is taking them anywhere and the rest of those guys Simian and Lynch are fairly green.  I'm expecting a Colt win when we play them in Week 2.

The Colts will go 0-16.  

The Jaguars will win every preseason, season, and post-season game for the next 12 years because of the draft and all of the free agency acquisitions.  Jacksonville will become the new capital of the United States due to Jaguar wins. (for those who need this statement-please note sarcasm).

Truthfully, I see them winning the division.  They went 8-8 last year with what, our fifth QB?  I'd rather fly under the radar and win big.  If Indy can get past NE and Pittsburgh, I think they can win the SB.  

On August 9, 2016 at 0:57 PM, WarGhost21 said:

Take a look at this gem on NFL.com!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000682013/article/nfl-preseason-power-rankings-jets-blast-off-steelers-plunge

I for one am not happy with being 3rd in the division. Yes, we have a lot to prove this year, but 19th?!?!?!?!?!?!

What do you guys think?

Honestly,  we've been talking about this for months.     Since right around the time you joined WG back in early April.      I wrote in those threads that we all better get used to it,   because that's the perception of the Colts right now.

And let's remember,  since it's early pre-season,   none of this means anything.    If we control the things we can control --- winning games --- and don't worry about what we can't control --- media perception --- the Colts will be just fine.

Winning cures everything!      Keep your eye on the prize.

2 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

The Colts will go 0-16.  

The Jaguars will win every preseason, season, and post-season game for the next 12 years because of the draft and all of the free agency acquisitions.  Jacksonville will become the new capital of the United States due to Jaguar wins. (for those who need this statement-please note sarcasm).

Truthfully, I see them winning the division.  They went 8-8 last year with what, our fifth QB?  I'd rather fly under the radar and win big.  If Indy can get past NE and Pittsburgh, I think they can win the SB.  

I feel ya! The Steelers and Patriots are pretty much better than everyone else in the Conference but after that it's wide open. Chiefs are pretty solid but usually shaky in the Playoffs, them and the Bengals both usually flop in the Playoffs. Broncos will still be good but I see them as a Wildcard this season having to deal with the Chiefs and an improved Raiders team.

This same thread has been redone in 200 different ways this offseason based on articles and what people hear on teevee.

I am iffy on the Jags since they often only show up for divisional games, but we might have our hands full with Houston if Brock turns out to be ok. And I have a hard time wondering if Brock can be any worse then the QB dumpster situation the Texans have been used to. So I am "kinda" worrried.

I did NOT want Brock in Houston. And they will play defense that is A LOT better then ours.

Wow...3rd...amazing!...surprised since the Titans also had such a great off-season.  

We should have went for broke in FA and signed Anquan Boldin, Dwight Freeney, and stole Antonie gates from the Chargers, and Charles woodson from the Raiders....then maybe we'd be ranked higher in the preseason 'Who-gives-a-hoot" rankings.

14 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Wow...3rd...amazing!...surprised since the Titans also had such a great off-season.  

We should have went for broke in FA and signed Anquan Boldin, Dwight Freeney, and stole Antonie gates from the Chargers, and Charles woodson from the Raiders....then maybe we'd be ranked higher in the preseason 'Who-gives-a-hoot" rankings.

People put a lot of faith in the performance of well-known names, maybe too much. But did you see Boldin's YAC last night? Not bad for an old man.

2 hours ago, CoachLite said:

People put a lot of faith in the performance of well-known names, maybe too much. But did you see Boldin's YAC last night? Not bad for an old man.

yeah, i saw it.  When you're a seasoned vet, and been at the top of the pecking order for some years..you will still get some highlight reel type plays time to time.  But to play an entire game...then 19 of those is ussually another story.

And yes some of those guys can still perform and contribute..but i figured it was fairly obvious it was all sarcastic...lol.(especially after the 'seniors' we got in FA last year)