Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeAndre Hopkins declares the Texans 'the team to beat' in AFC South

RockThatBlue

Well the Texans won the division last year so he is right.

that said the division is a rather big question mark. Let's break it down:

Colts -- offense sputtered bad last year esp because of injuries. But the O line had major issues keeping anyone upright and your WR were fair to bad,  and the Defense didn't scare anyone. Questions... Will Luck be able stay healthy, did they do enough to improve the O line and well are the WR better?

Texans - they won the division on the back of their D in spite of probably the worst QB play in critical spots. (People here forget how Hoyer handed the colts the game on his wild crazy INT). They have 1 great WR and a talented RB. Questions -- How good is Osweiler? He seemed get figured out near the end there as he was throwing more picks than ever, and will Lamar work out better in Houston than Miami. And who knows how draft picks will work out they usually take 2-3 years..

Jags -- improved a lot last year, but their D sucked! And I am not even doing a question section for them as well their additions did not add up to really change that D.

Titans -- also improved a lot and seem to have their franchise QB. He also almost bet the colts TWICE last year but their D collapsed like a cheap suit. They have gotten a proven RB to help him out but I am not sold on that O line and def not enough improvement on the D

so it comes down to Texans and Colts. I think the Texans have the better HC who is able get the most out of the talent he has and seeing as how so many here hated your HC and thought he should be canned I don't think that's a stretch. My prediction for the south:

texans- 10-6 

Indy 9-7

Titans 8-8

Jags 4-12

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

If you took it that way, my bad, it wasn't my intent. I was trying to make my point clear to crazy colt. I do see how it sounded, but that part of the post was necessary for what I was trying to get across to him. 

I wasn't the only one to take it that way. It seems like more of a self-defense point you made with crazy in that post but don't think it wasn't a shot. Why else would you point it out?

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

It's not an overstatement. It's a "until proven otherwise statement " . They barely won the division and got thoroughly embarrassed during the regular season. They got smacked by the Dolphins and Falcons, neither of which made the playoffs. They couldn't even beat Matt Hasselback coming off a hospital bed in Houston.

They've had a nice offseason but they are still jokes until they show people they can be competitive in every game and not just win the AFC South when Peyton or Luck is injured.

So you think the Colts are jokes too until proven otherwise....they were terrible last season. Oh and the Jaguars too...they only won five games. Oh and the Rams, and Titans, all of the teams that were bad last year will remain bad until proven otherwise. Gotcha.

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

It's not an overstatement. It's a "until proven otherwise statement " . They barely won the division and got thoroughly embarrassed during the regular season. They got smacked by the Dolphins and Falcons, neither of which made the playoffs. They couldn't even beat Matt Hasselback coming off a hospital bed in Houston.

They've had a nice offseason but they are still jokes until they show people they can be competitive in every game and not just win the AFC South when Peyton or Luck is injured.

So you think the Colts are jokes too until proven otherwise....they were terrible last season. Got fifty dropped on them by the Jaguars. Oh and speaking of the Jaguars, they are jokes too...they only won five games. Oh and the Rams, and Titans, all of the teams that were bad last year will remain bad until proven otherwise. If we're going by your logic.

2 hours ago, Restored said:

I wasn't the only one to take it that way. It seems like more of a self-defense point you made with crazy in that post but don't think it wasn't a shot. Why else would you point it out?

Look, I already told you it wasn't my intent and what I was actually getting at. I don't really have anything left to say about it at this point. 

10 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

So you think the Colts are jokes too until proven otherwise....they were terrible last season. Got fifty dropped on them by the Jaguars. Oh and speaking of the Jaguars, they are jokes too...they only won five games. Oh and the Rams, and Titans, all of the teams that were bad last year will remain bad until proven otherwise. If we're going by your logic.

we were not terrible.  the colts went 8-8 while you went 9-7.  we split the season with the texans and jags and didnt have the starting QB for either loss.

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

we were not terrible.  the colts went 8-8 while you went 9-7.  we split the season with the texans and jags and didnt have the starting QB for either loss.

I guess you didn't watch much Colts football last season. The offense was in disarray at times, Andrew was finally seriously hurt, and the defense was ranked near the worst in the league. In any case look closely at my post and see what I'm getting at with Def. All you literally got out of that is "colts are terrible."

4 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Says the guy who decided to quote me and comment in pointless thread. Carry on.

ok then

28 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

So you think the Colts are jokes too until proven otherwise....they were terrible last season.

you said they were terrible until proven other wise, when we won 5 games with a 40 year old back up QB.  one of them against your texans and one against the jags, who also dropped 50 on us later

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

ok then

you said they were terrible until proven other wise, when we won 6 games with a 40 year old back up QB.  one of them against your texans and one against the jags, who also dropped 50 on us later

I'm sure plenty of your fellow fans would admit that the Colts were not great last season. Especially considering what you guys are used to when it comes to wins. Obviously not as bad as 2011, but between injuries, ineffective players, and upper management drama, everyone knows things were a mess. And I wasn't trying to bag on the Colts. I was using the bad logic  that Def was using to make a point. 

Just now, QwizBoy said:

I'm sure plenty of your fellow fans would admit that the Colts were not great last season.

they were somewhere between great and terrible.  the 8-8 record says we were middle of the pack

we did beat denver in a game where both starting QBs played but were pretty banged up.  we also lost badly to the jags.  so we were inconsistent, but not terrible

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they were somewhere between great and terrible.  the 8-8 record says we were middle of the pack

we did beat denver in a game where both starting QBs played but were pretty banged up.  we also lost badly to the jags.  so we were inconsistent, but not terrible

Okay. Agree to disagree.

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

There's no arguing with Qwizychild. The Texans are the reigning AFC South Champions so what you have to say is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

dude you started a bait thread, then called people childish for arguing with you

Dude, I didn't start this thread. I'm the one who protested the thread itself. You might want to look again. The only person I've called childish in this entire thread is the troll that's been bothering me since my early days on this board. 

Just now, QwizBoy said:

Dude, I didn't start this thread. I'm the one who protested the thread itself. You might want to look again. The only person I've called childish in this entire thread is the troll that's been bothering me since my early days on this board. 

my bad, sorry

On 5/18/2016 at 11:35 AM, throwing BBZ said:

Clown school?
 They signed a safety who has played at a high level.
 They now have 2  quality running backs.
 They signed a LT.
  They signed a decent CB.
   Yes Dante Fowler, Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack all look to be STUDS.

I was watching the NFL's top 100 last night & they showed Chris Ivory. 

Just about every highlight they showed of him was running over a Texan, or a Jaguar. sucked.

19 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The team that wins the division is always the team to beat. So yes the Texans are the team to beat in the AFC South.

However, they are one of the worst teams in the AFC as a whole, and the path to the Super Bowl does not go through them. The Chiefs proved that by showing they had no business in the playoffs.

The Chiefs proved that Bryan Hoyer had no business starting a play off game. & maybe Bill O'Brien was punch drunk with man love. 

50 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

:applause:

1 hour ago, Restored said:

There's no arguing with Qwizychild. The Texans are the reigning AFC South Champions so what you have to say is irrelevant.

Being the reigning champ means nothing.  Anyone think the Broncos are the team to beat for the SB?

1 hour ago, thunderkyss said:

The Chiefs proved that Bryan Hoyer had no business starting a play off game. & maybe Bill O'Brien was punch drunk with man love. 

BOB was killed in the media for flip flopping and if I'm not mistaken apologized to the team for not starting Hoyer earlier, rather then Mallett. He would've been grilled even if he went to Weeden instead of letting Hoyer play out the playoff game.

3 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

So you think the Colts are jokes too until proven otherwise....they were terrible last season. Oh and the Jaguars too...they only won five games. Oh and the Rams, and Titans, all of the teams that were bad last year will remain bad until proven otherwise. Gotcha.

The Colts were 11-5 for 3 years. Them they lose Luck and they go 8-8 with Hasselback. Part of that was because our division is terrible but it's still somewhat impressive. Sure we were 0-2 out the gate with Luck, but we also beat the best defense in the league and eventual Super Bowl champions with him.

The Colts haven't been a joke since 2011. That 8-8 record means very little given the circumstances. The rest of the division appears to be getting better but is still a joke until proven otherwise.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 6:59 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Was there really such a thing as an AFC south reigning champion? The whole AFC south sucked last season IMO. Let's not play the injury game?  Do you really think Luck being injured didn't play a part in the Texans winning the division? Sorry, I don't buy that but to each his own I guess.

You do realize the whole AFC South has really sucked pretty well since 2002 when we had Manning right? So it sucked way before last year. How many division titles did we win in the Manning years? Shall we discard all those division titles to since we had Manning and an elite offense and bullied some bad teams?

Of course Luck being injured played a part in the Texans winning the division but we don't know how long he would have continued playing like a 3rd string QB last year and we don't know what our record would have been had he continued playing like that other than the team was 4-5 with Luck starting before he went down.....What really played a part was we went into week 16 and watched 2 QB's who had not been on the roster even a week split time at QB. Actually had Matt H stayed healthy we could have very well won that division with Luck on the sidelines (And lets not forget a big improvement at O Coordinator)

Actually if Luck proves to be healthy then him going down last year might prove to be the best thing that happened to this regime in the long run....Notice the attention they are now paying to keep Luck healthy. Trying to teach Luck how to slide, The heavy O Line draft(Which I didn't agree with but that's besides the point), Luck coming out and saying he has an obligation to stay healthy? Obviously last year sucked but sometimes (many times actually) bad things have to happen for people to make changes

52 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The Colts were 11-5 for 3 years. Them they lose Luck and they go 8-8 with Hasselback. Part of that was because our division is terrible but it's still somewhat impressive. Sure we were 0-2 out the gate with Luck, but we also beat the best defense in the league and eventual Super Bowl champions with him.

The Colts haven't been a joke since 2011. That 8-8 record means very little given the circumstances. The rest of the division appears to be getting better but is still a joke until proven otherwise.

The Texans have won the division three times over the last five years. All I'm saying is that it's not accurate to call them a joke, circumstance or not. They've been the Colts biggest competition clearly for a few years now. The division is better, but Jacksonville and Tennessee have much more to prove than either the Texans or Colts. 

On 5/19/2016 at 3:04 PM, Gavin said:

Of course Luck being injured played a part in the Texans winning the division but we don't know how long he would have continued playing like a 3rd string QB last year and we don't know what our record would have been had he continued playing like that other than the team was 4-5 with Luck starting before he went down.....What really played a part was we went into week 16 and watched 2 QB's who had not been on the roster even a week split time at QB. Actually had Matt H stayed healthy we could have very well won that division with Luck on the sidelines (And lets not forget a big improvement at O Coordinator)

By that same logic.... 2014, we (Texans) finished our season with two QBs that weren't on the roster when The season started. Same thing in 2015. 

In 2014, we finished the season 9-7, you finished 11-5. Had we split (we were on our way to beating you in Indy until your guy broke Fitz's leg with that illegal clip) we both would have finished 10-6. 

2015... there's no difference, to me, between 9-7 & 8-8 Other than we'll be hanging the "NFL top 16 finalist" banner at NRG. 

We're doing it different ways, you with your QB, us with the rest of the team... but we're basically the same. The only question is if we can find our QB before you can field a team, then how long we can keep it up. 

1 hour ago, thunderkyss said:

By that same logic.... 2014, we (Texans) finished our season with two QBs that weren't on the roster when The season started. Same thing in 2015. 

In 2014, we finished the season 9-7, you finished 11-5. Had we split (we were on our way to beating you in Indy until your guy broke Fitz's leg with that illegal clip) we both would have finished 10-6. 

2015... there's no difference, to me, between 9-7 & 8-8 Other than we'll be hanging the "NFL top 16 finalist" banner at NRG. 

We're doing it different ways, you with your QB, us with the rest of the team... but we're basically the same. The only question is if we can find our QB before you can field a team, then how long we can keep it up. 

It wasn't clipping. To be clipping Jonathan Newsome would to have came from the back of Fitz and hit the back of his leg. He stuck his left leg out in front of Fitz after Fitz made a move on Newsome in the open field trying to gain yards. If you look at the replay again Newsomes right foot got caught as his momentum was going right because he bought the fake Fitz put on him and Newsome fell to the right where his momentum was going to the right.

Yes that was tripping and should have been a 10 yard penalty but intentional? Debatable do to Newsomes momentum. But it don't matter if it was intentional...10 yard penalty should have been called. The game was only in the 2nd quarter and the game was tied 7-7 so you guys were not on the way to beating us. At best you guys were driving to try to pull ahead by 1 score in the 2nd quarter. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000443212/Fitzpatrick-suffers-injury-on-rush-attempt

You guys also kept that game close and had a chance to win even with the backup until the interception with just over a minute to go so you kept it close. Its debatable at best that Fitz would have won you guys that game. He was only 50% on his completion percentage (3-6) up to that point.

Who knows, Maybe Fitz would have drove down the field for a game tying TD? Throughout the season they didn't ask  him to do to much in terms of downfield passes. But he did manage games well overall and arguably could have done it. But still teams have to go with what they have and the backup didn't do it. Same for the Colts in 2015, They just didn't get the job done regardless of the QB's we had on the field had only been on the roster less than a week