Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just Imagine....

What if the Colts traded down in the second with the Bengals, still acquiring a 4th rounder (122nd, which I should mention they used to pick up Andrew Billings, who was also mentioned to be a potential first rounder by us in the offseason) and not a 7th, and picked up Cody Whitehair in the second. Our first three rounds would be Kelly, Whitehair, and Clark, all three of whom had been mocked in the first round this offseason. Then Billings, another player linked as a round 1 option for us, in the fourth along with someone along the lines of CB Juston Burris with our own pick! No more questions at O-line, plus Green seemed a bit of a reach with our pick anyways. The D-Line and CB questions will also finally get answered! Then in the seventh, pick up Keith Marshall, a speedy back to compliment Gore. The players we'd not pick up in the 7th would be Blythe and Bates, who would've likely becme  UDFAs if we hadn't drafted them, meaning we could still pick them both up. Just imagine it all!!!

To recap picks:

1st: Kelly

2nd: Whitehair

3rd: Clark

4th: Burris, Billings

5th: Haeg

7th: Marshall

Wow. What could have been. 4 potential first rounders to the Colts all come anyway, and then the fastest man in the draft to cap it off. What are you waiting for, Irsay. Just hire me already!!!

You have absolutely no idea of what these or any other players will do in the NFL. Playing the what if game is just silly at this point IMO. Besides we already have enough threads covering this type of stuff. I sure will glad when the season starts and maybe, just maybe this kind of stuff will eventually disappear.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You have absolutely no idea of what these or any other players will do in the NFL. Playing the what if game is just silly at this point IMO. Besides we already have enough threads covering this type of stuff. I sure will glad when the season starts and maybe, just maybe this kind of stuff will eventually disappear.

I understand what you are saying. I'm just here saying imagine if this would have happened, not we shouldn't have done what we did because it was bad. The draft is my favorite time of year because it is the time where I learn about prospects I've never heard of. Before this offseason, I had no idea who Laremy Tunsil, Jared Goff, or even Jalen Ramsey were. Be it my first year of actually getting into this kind of thing, I have just fallen head over heels for the draft. I have watched so many highlight reels and gone through so many scouting reports from so many different websites that it has taken up half of my life! So yes, I understand that in most peoples eyes this type of thing is pointless and even stupid-sounding. Yes, I also understand that we don't know how these players will do in the NFL. This is all just for fun!! Oh, and thanks for the tip. I will remember not to do this next year as I do understand where you're coming from!! Have a great day (Not to be taken in a mocking or rude way)!!

17 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Ridgeway is a viable pass rush option in the middle. Billings is not.

I was one that definitely bought into Billings having pass-rush upside, but apparently 32 NFL teams thought otherwise.  I mean, time will tell, but at this point, I can't really say with a straight face that the Colts might've got that one wrong.  

Those guys might have been mentioned in the first round by amateurs sitting at home.  

In reality they where not first rounders and there where reasons for that.  I can't necessarily tell you the reasons, but it's lunacy to think that they where still on the board that late because 32 NFL teams simply forgot they where still on the board.

Also in all likelyhood I don't think Blythe for instance would have signed a UDFA contract with us.  Lots of teams would have called him and I think it's unlikely that he's going to sign with the team that just drafted someone at his position in the first round.  

18 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I was one that definitely bought into Billings having pass-rush upside, but apparently 32 NFL teams thought otherwise.  I mean, time will tell, but at this point, I can't really say with a straight face that the Colts might've got that one wrong.  

I think the difference here is, while Billings has upside, Ridgeway has ability as a pass rusher right now. He also has nice athleticism for a big guy. I expect him to play a lot of 3-tech as opposed to 0 or 1-tech where Billings would likely play. I think the FO is happy with Parry there. I am delighted with the Ridgeway pick.

4 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

I think the difference here is, while Billings has upside, Ridgeway has ability as a pass rusher right now. He also has nice athleticism for a big guy. I expect him to play a lot of 3-tech as opposed to 0 or 1-tech where Billings would likely play. I think the FO is happy with Parry there. I am delighted with the Ridgeway pick.

I liked the Ridgeway pick as well.  I didn't watch very much film on him predraft because he was a late riser.  But I did see some highlights and liked what I saw.  Parry is just okay, better than Chapman, I think.  But we could still use a more complete NT (who couldn't?).  They're just really difficult to come by.

On 5/10/2016 at 0:32 AM, WarGhost21 said:

What if the Colts traded down in the second with the Bengals, still acquiring a 4th rounder (122nd, which I should mention they used to pick up Andrew Billings, who was also mentioned to be a potential first rounder by us in the offseason) and not a 7th, and picked up Cody Whitehair in the second. Our first three rounds would be Kelly, Whitehair, and Clark, all three of whom had been mocked in the first round this offseason. Then Billings, another player linked as a round 1 option for us, in the fourth along with someone along the lines of CB Juston Burris with our own pick! No more questions at O-line, plus Green seemed a bit of a reach with our pick anyways. The D-Line and CB questions will also finally get answered! Then in the seventh, pick up Keith Marshall, a speedy back to compliment Gore. The players we'd not pick up in the 7th would be Blythe and Bates, who would've likely becme  UDFAs if we hadn't drafted them, meaning we could still pick them both up. Just imagine it all!!!

To recap picks:

1st: Kelly

2nd: Whitehair

3rd: Clark

4th: Burris, Billings

5th: Haeg

7th: Marshall

Wow. What could have been. 4 potential first rounders to the Colts all come anyway, and then the fastest man in the draft to cap it off. What are you waiting for, Irsay. Just hire me already!!!

Thank Goodness they didn't!!!! 

Why not say Just imagine if we had hit in the draft the last 5-6 years Seattle style. LOL. Then this year's draft would basically be a pure luxury draft.

Justin Houston

Parnell McPhee

Travis Fredrick

Marshall Yanda

Richard Sherman

Malik Jackson

Brandon Williams

Jimmy Graham

Bobby Wagner

The list goes on. But.....You know..... The hindsight thing. But still. You cant deny that we've had some really bad drafts the last 5-6 years or more, and we should've, could've done a lot better.

I was on the Billings bandwagon and even picked him in the draft contest to go 1A in the first round for the Colts. But obviously there is something wrong with him for him to slip that far. I must also admit that I did not know who Ridgeway was, but am VERY HAPPY we picked him. After looking at his college highlights and seeing pictures of him at Colts practice, he looks to be one of the MONSTERS we have been looking for. Unlike Billings, Ridgeway can stop the run AND pressure the QB. I can't wait to see him play.

After all the dust has settled I am pretty happy with this draft. The trenches is where we needed the most work and it seemed we have a couple that can make a difference right away. I expect the picks will have their usual rookie mistakes and learning curve but that's expected.

The only problem I have is Morrison. Why reach for an undersized ILB? I would have taken Sims CB or we had our choice of RB's. I had Booker as the 2nd best back in the draft. We could have done better there