Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson and Pagano dinner with Illinois DL Jihad Ward

bababooey

Just now, GoColts00 said:

Maybe you should read "Why I left Jihad" by Walid Shoebat to get a better understanding of what jihad Really is....

Na! I think I know what Jihad is. It's certainly not that in which you have interest in enlightening me with. While we are at it, let me take some crackpots writings and make you accept a false definition of something you clearly understand. Hmmm let me see what I want to give you?

28 minutes ago, krunk said:

Na! I think I know what Jihad is. It's certainly not that in which you have interest in enlightening me with. While we are at it, let me take some crackpots writings and make you accept a false definition of something you clearly understand. Hmmm let me see what I want to give you?

I wasn't going to enlighten you. I gave you information to read what a former PLO terrorist who grew up in islam has to say about jihad since he would know better than me and you.

On a side note, Jihad Ward was only ok at U of I. He may have had a good Senior Bowl, but I wouldn't draft him before the 5th Rd.

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I don't listen to stories a few weeks before the draft. 

However, I will listen very closely to the stories that come out the day leading up to the draft. Some of the rumors we have to discard, but others are very true. 

At this point I don't listen to anything...in basically 24 hrs all hades brakes loose and all the pre-draft planning and mocking and foretelling goes out the window and the craziness ensues. People drop like rocks and players fly higher than a rocket....nobody knows what to expect and I suspect we get maybe 1 player that people think we will on these boards even if Grigson wants some of them because its so unpredictable what other GMs will do....some go off the deep end and foul it up for everyone lol. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it and root for our pick!!

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

At this point I don't listen to anything...in basically 24 hrs all hades brakes loose and all the pre-draft planning and mocking and foretelling goes out the window and the craziness ensues. People drop like rocks and players fly higher than a rocket....nobody knows what to expect and I suspect we get maybe 1 player that people think we will on these boards even if Grigson wants some of them because its so unpredictable what other GMs will do....some go off the deep end and foul it up for everyone lol. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it and root for our pick!!

Well here is your first stunner. 

Mayock has Ronnie Stanley going to the Chargers.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

If it's an RB or WR , I'm dragging g Grigson personally to the airport with a one way ticket to some deserted island.......

16 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Would be a great 4th or 5th round pick. Indy needs to come out of this draft with a talented DL player with how good the class is. 

4th or 5th round?

If he's not a 1st rounder -- and I don't think he is -- then Ward's a 2nd.     Most services have him going in the 2nd.

I don't know where you pulled 4th or 5th round.      Ward doesn't get past Day 2.

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

4th or 5th round?

If he's not a 1st rounder -- and I don't think he is -- then Ward's a 2nd.     Most services have him going in the 2nd.

I don't know where you pulled 4th or 5th round.      Ward doesn't get past Day 2.

I watch Illinois , they had a great D-line and nothing else last year. Ward was playing in a defense that didn't really suit him . He IS an impact player . 

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

4th or 5th round?

I think Ward is somewhere between a low second rounder to top of the 4th.  He does have talent and I like his size and the way he moves.  I have not watched a whole lot of film on him, but as far as numbers are concerned I kind of wondered to myself why his TFLs were so low.   That's the feel I have on him so far, ultimately it's up to the teams to see where they place him.  The draft gurus and other services I believe had Michael Bennett from Ohio State going  in the early rounds last year and he darn near went undrafted.  

On 4/27/2016 at 4:07 PM, GoColts00 said:

I wasn't going to enlighten you. I gave you information to read what a former PLO terrorist who grew up in islam has to say about jihad since he would know better than me and you.

On a side note, Jihad Ward was only ok at U of I. He may have had a good Senior Bowl, but I wouldn't draft him before the 5th Rd.

He didn't put up big numbers there but he's going to be an excellent NFL player.