Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Safety?

MarquisJ

Safety?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see starting day 1 at the safety position?

• Mike Adams
    • (quality) draft pick

4 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Yes, you were pretty straight forward how other people see it ... calling their opinions and or person ... "dumb". Thus, losing respect & value of your question & topic. 

Defend your argument all you want. Insertion of innuendos & name calling doesn't earn the two words written above "respect & value". Most all the contributors in this thread, seemingly, wanted to answer the question earnestly. Just because most do not agree with your evaluations shouldn't promulgate abravise jargon. You absolutely lost the intended question and topic with your fire stormed answers.

As far as letting some in on a secret, I just gave you one.

i never called someone dumb for wanting to see adams starting? which youre alluding to because you said i said their opinion was dumb which i did not..now your losing credibility because you dont know what your talking about.. someone compared andrew luck to mike adams and i called that dumb not their opinon on my post? why would i post a topic asking everyone what they think if i didnt want to hear their opinion????? the question was never lost no matter how many times you say it lol... As far as letting me in on a secret, I just gave you one.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

i never called someone dumb for wanting to see adams startiing? now your losing credibility because you dont know what your talking about.. someone compared andrew luck to mike adams and i calle dthat dumb not their opinon on my post? why would i post a topic asking everyone what they think if i didnt want to hear their opinion????? the question was never lost no matter how many times you say it lol... As far as letting me in on a secret, I just gave you one.

"now your losing credibility because you don't know what your talking about."

I rest my case. I'm done. So are you. 

On Thursday, April 07, 2016 at 9:44 PM, SaturdayAllDay said:

I think he was just a stop gap until geathers got the hang of the NFL. I would assume this means he's seen as better then Lowry going into this yr. I do think we need some depth though. 

Yes depth is a must we're thin at safety

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I know but we never really know what is going to happen with Grigson. Depending on how the draft plays out and what effect it has on the Colts draft board, it could change quickly.

Oh I agree, but I think at this point it's a bit of leap to say we need to draft an OT in round two, as my original comment was speaking against. Last year they said they were happy with who they had on the line for the most part and we all thought it was a smoke screen. This year I am taking their comments a bit more seriously haha.  

Mike biggest upside isn't being a tackler,..or being fast. it's about his experience giving him the intuition to be at the right place at the right time. He seems to know where the play is heading and is there,..somewhere.  And just being in the area allows for him to make plays.  IDC how fast, or strong you are..if you're not there when the play happens...you cannot make plays.

I'm not against selecting a BPA if it's a safety,...But I would not go out of the way to pick as if it is a drastic need.  I'd wait until next year to do that, ( like with the RB position).

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 1:59 AM, SaturdayAllDay said:

Hate to break it to you, but we aren't looking at OT this year. team seems pretty smitten with Good and/or Reitz as our RT. RG and center would be where they are looking to upgrade. 

I like Reitz as a backup and I hope that Good can step up and fill that RT spot. My only concern is we have Watt, Clowney, Malik Jackson, and Orakpo on the other side. The #1 pick will more likely be a pass rusher but if Jack Conklin or Taylor Decker drops to us it might be worth the look.

On 08/04/2016 at 1:40 PM, Itsacoltthing said:

I like Reitz as a backup and I hope that Good can step up and fill that RT spot. My only concern is we have Watt, Clowney, Malik Jackson, and Orakpo on the other side. The #1 pick will more likely be a pass rusher but if Jack Conklin or Taylor Decker drops to us it might be worth the look.

That's my thought too. Just seems like it isn't what the front office is looking at atm. 

2 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

That's my thought too. Just seems like it isn't what the front office is looking at atm. 

Do we really have any clue as to who the Colts are looking at?  No one can go off anything anyone has said from the coaches or front office because they really are not going to give any information away. All we know is who they have looked at but that don't mean nothing. There have been players drafted who had never talked to the teams that pulled the trigger on them. I guess this makes for interesting off season things to talk about to pass the time but the reality is we just don't know.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Do we really have any clue as to who the Colts are looking at?  No one can go off anything anyone has said from the coaches or front office because they really are not going to give any information away. All we know is who they have looked at but that don't mean nothing. There have been players drafted who had never talked to the teams that pulled the trigger on them. I guess this makes for interesting off season things to talk about to pass the time but the reality is we just don't know.

We already had this same argument,  on this same forum topic. Can we not do this again?? haha

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Also why I used the word SEEMS. 

1 hour ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

We already had this same argument,  on this same forum topic. Can we not do this again?? haha

I make a comment and you call it an argument? It was a general statement not intended for you to take offense to. I guess if you have a problem with me responding to you I will refrain from doing it. I kinda thought that is why you posted in a public forum.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I make a comment and you call it an argument? It was a general statement not intended for you to take offense to. I guess if you have a problem with me responding to you I will refrain from doing it. I kinda thought that is why you posted in a public forum.

No not at all.  We just already had this EXACT discussion,  and we ended up finding out we were very close in agreement,  other then the fact that I put more faith in what they are saying, as we didn't believe them about the line last yr and it ended up being pretty spot on. I just think repeating the same comments over and over to each other isn't worth the time it takes. Nothing against you, or your thoughts, opinions,  etc. Just thought we were past this and didn't want to start up again. 

I absolutely encourage people to quote me, with both agreements and disagreements on what I think, and I apologize if you took that as me being mad, offended or annoyed in any way. I just laughed it off cuz we started off our last back and forth with essentially the same comment you started with again. We already went down that road and I didn't want to again. I use the term argument as in arguing different opinions, not fighting one another. In retrospect the term debate is probably more apt. 

2 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

No not at all.  We just already had this EXACT discussion,  and we ended up finding out we were very close in agreement,  other then the fact that I put more faith in what they are saying, as we didn't believe them about the line last yr and it ended up being pretty spot on. I just think repeating the same comments over and over to each other isn't worth the time it takes. Nothing against you, or your thoughts, opinions,  etc. Just thought we were past this and didn't want to start up again. 

I absolutely encourage people to quote me, with both agreements and disagreements on what I think, and I apologize if you took that as me being mad, offended or annoyed in any way. I just laughed it off cuz we started off our last back and forth with essentially the same comment you started with again. We already went down that road and I didn't want to again. I use the term argument as in arguing different opinions, not fighting one another. In retrospect the term debate is probably more apt. 

In the off season it is very common to have issues repeated and rehashed. The Mods merge threads almost  on a daily bases. We have thousands of forum members and things will be repeated. Just saying, no problems.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

In the off season it is very common to have issues repeated and rehashed. The Mods merge threads almost  on a daily bases. We have thousands of forum members and things will be repeated. Just saying, no problems.

Absolutely,  just thought it was silly to have it rehashed by the same person on the same page of the same topic, and figured we might start getting on the nerves of ppl following this topic. haha

10 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Absolutely,  just thought it was silly to have it rehashed by the same person on the same page of the same topic, and figured we might start getting on the nerves of ppl following this topic. haha

Getting on peoples nerves? Nah, that never happens.   :sip: .........................haha

On April 8, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Itsacoltthing said:

You look at it too badly lol only 1 of  those people have ever done anything against our current line. Watt yes he's sometimes On vs us but we also kept him sack less with no Andrew  one of those games.., Jackson had a better group with Denver and they didn't sack Andrew but once I believe or not even at all..clowney has been spanked by constanzo and orakpo him i don't remember us playing against him but I think he can give Ac issues