Indy Fan - Poll Mock

Which Scenario?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which draft?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D

Indy has needs all over the board and this draft isn't going to address them. I have excluded our 7th round selection in this scenario and attempted to exclude prospects that won't be available for each round. 

Draft A

1st - Billings

2nd - K. Joseph

3rd - J. Allen

4th - J. Jenkins

5th - I. Seumalo

Draft B

1st - Jackson III

2nd - A. Johnson

3rd - J. Allen

4th - Houston-Carson

5th - V. Ochi

Draft C

1st - Decker

2nd - Correa

3rd - J. Allen

4th - Ridgeway

5th - R. Robinson

Draft D

1st - Floyd

2nd - K. Joseph

3rd - C. Jones

4th - Westerman

5th - K. Friend

D

Floyd should be BPA horizontally and would fill a crater size need we have.

Joesph should be BPA. He would be a hood scheme fit.

Jones if there would be BPA and he is in my opinion the best 3-4 fit for us and day one starter.

Westerman would be BPA (I doubt he'd be here). Huge OL upgrade.

Friend I'm not so sure about. I like Turek here also feel there will be several good C left to choose from. Boren out of Ohio St. will be available as UDFA.

I voted for A, since I think Billings will be BPA when we pick, and I see good players at all of our needs throughout, but I was also strongly considering B. I probably would've gone with B if you had Alexander in the first instead of Jackson. I'd also be happy with D, but I didn't pick it because I think Billings is a lot more polished at his position than Floyd and will be a more immediate impact. I do like Floyd, I'm just not comfortable taking a project like him if someone like Billings, Alexander, or Lawson is there.

1 hour ago, twfish said:

You should add the positions for the players so others have a better idea of what there picking. I may have chosen B if you had Alexander there instead 

I'll edit it when I get home with the position and school. Alexander is my fourth ranked CB and tied for fourth with Eli Apple. I have Ramsey, Jackson III, and VG III ahead of them currently. This years CB class is very interesting.

I can see why a lot of people think Floyd may not contribute until his 2nd season. But I disagree. I think he's a good enough pass rusher to get 7-8 sacks or more next year since he'll be lined up at rush OLB. His main focus will be to get to the QB. His run D and all that may take a year, but as a pass rusher I think he'll contribute right away. Especially if he gets up to 250. Give me Floyd or Spence and I think we'll have a premier pass rusher for the next 8-10 years or so.