Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alex Mack nearing deal to Falcons

41 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Seems pretty lateral in terms of failed modern era franchises. 

Not even close actually. The Falcons have been to the playoffs 6 times in the last 15 years. Browns 1 time in last 15 years....and only 3 times in the last 25 years....Really no comparison. Browns are the Landfill of the NFL

14 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

There's way more potential and promise playing for the Falcons than the Browns.

You're right in terms of w-l record but Failcons are never going to be playoff contenders. I don't even think they'll make the playoffs what with the Panthers, improved Bucs and just maybe a Saints team that has gotten their act together. 

2 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Not even close actually. The Falcons have been to the playoffs 6 times in the last 15 years. Browns 1 time in last 15 years....and only 3 times in the last 26 years....Really comparison. Browns are the Landfill of the NFL

In not really caring about getting to the playoffs. I think being a successful team is winning lots of games in the playoffs and ultimately a Superbowl. I don't consider being 1 of the 12 teams to make the playoffs all that much of an achievement. 

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

In not really caring about getting to the playoffs. I think being a successful team is winning lots of games in the playoffs and ultimately a Superbowl. I don't consider being 1 of the 12 teams to make the playoffs all that much of an achievement. 

agreed

3 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Obviously you play to win the SB every year and obviously you have to win playoff games to do that but all I'm saying you could be the Browns and be an irrelevant franchise. Now just getting to the playoffs is obviously not enough but consistently getting there (Though 6 times out of 15 times in not exactly consistent) does say your close...Just for information purposes and I find it amusing in some sick way the Browns have made the playoffs 3 times since 1989....3 times!

21 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

It may not be much of an achievement to do it once,  or even once in a while.

But when you do it year after year after year after year, as the Colts did during the Polian/Manning years,  I think it's an achievement.

Or as New England has done,  it's clearly an achievement.

Or as Denver has done the last 4 years,  it's an achievement.

Or as Seattle has done for a number of years under Carroll...

Getting to the playoffs in the NFL is incredibly hard 12 out of 30 teams...    which is why owners are giving serious consideration to adding two MORE teams to the post-season (14).....   a move which I'd oppose,  but I'm certain it's going to happen sooner or later....     way too much money.

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It may not be much of an achievement to do it once,  or even once in a while.

But when you do it year after year after year after year, as the Colts did during the Polian/Manning years,  I think it's an achievement.

Or as New England has done,  it's clearly an achievement.

Or as Denver has done the last 4 years,  it's an achievement.

Or as Seattle has done for a number of years under Carroll...

Getting to the playoffs in the NFL is incredibly hard 12 out of 30 teams...    which is why owners are giving serious consideration to adding two MORE teams to the post-season (14).....   a move which I'd oppose,  but I'm certain it's going to happen sooner or later....     way too much money.

Yes...exactly. all those teams you just listed have won superbowls/won  a bunch of games in the playoffs. They didnt make it and continually suck like the falcons. I think if they were content with just the playoffs they would have kept Mike Smith.