Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That Denver defense carried the torch

Hi-Tek

All season long they did. Manning played horrendously all season long and even during the playoffs. I would even say that he didn't even deserve another SB ring. If the Steelers and Pats weren't so banged up Denver wouldn't have even made it to the SB. I guess it's all about timing though, eh? At least Manning gets to ride off into the sunset with a win--which is something he didn't get to do a lot of once he made it to the playoffs.

Just now, mahagga73 said:

It didn't matter who was QB for Denver this year. But in a roundabout way it was karma for some of those horrible draws the Colts used to get in the playoffs. 2 rings is a good legacy.

Yeah, I always wondered how Brady, Big Ben, Flacco's Ds rallied even if they made mistakes and reduced the damage that their QBs caused. I wondered how their Ds, and recent Ds like the Seahawks got away with more contact come playoff time. I wondered how Peyton's teams gave up big special teams plays like Devin Hester TD or a SB onside kick or a SB post half KR TD etc.

It all finally stopped today. Peyton's mistakes were diminished, thanks to his D. His D got away with a bit of contact, and his special teams made enough plays and the other team was the one making FG misses and turnovers. It was karma, like you said. 

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

felt rigged to me

How so? The "late hit" flag for hitting Newton while he was still running for a free 15 yards? The personal foul on only Talib even though the Panther put his finger in Talib's facemask mocking him?

Both teams got away with stuff, if anything CAR got the most egregious bogus call all night. Then when they couldn't do jack against Denver's defense, they got desperate. 6-7+ false starts and a delay of game? That's self inflicted and obvious. They % the bed.

1 hour ago, Hi-Tek said:

All season long they did. Manning played horrendously all season long and even during the playoffs. I would even say that he didn't even deserve another SB ring. If the Steelers and Pats weren't so banged up Denver wouldn't have even made it to the SB. I guess it's all about timing though, eh? At least Manning gets to ride off into the sunset with a win--which is something he didn't get to do a lot of once he made it to the playoffs.

Aren't you the one who two weeks ago created the thread in which you predicted that Manning would "choke" (your words)? You sound like a sore loser here. This is not a time to bash him. Show some class.

Peyton Manning is the QB of the Super Bowl Champions. 

14 hours ago, Stephen said:

felt rigged to me

That game was not rigged at all.

I'm one of these people on here that gets called "Peyton hater" anytime I criticize him, and he did play average to bad in this Super Bowl, but his defense carried him 100% in this game and won. 

I do admit, the call on the catch that Rivera had to challenge was a catch in my eyes (where Von Miller's sack got the TD on the very next place) but Carolina did not lose this game off shady officiating or anything. They had plenty of chances to win this game and ultimately threw every single chance out the window.