Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning HGH Accusation - Update

grmasterb

17 minutes ago, wig said:

If you think that Mathis only took it to get his wife pregnant and he just so happened to have his best season by far in his 30's then I have a bridge to sell you.

Just show me the evidence that backs up that claim and I may agree with you.  Until then.......

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

Just show me the evidence that backs up that claim and I may agree with you.  Until then.......

The evidence which isn't disputed is that he took a known, banned performance enhancer. Are you asking for evidence as far as the motive for doing so?  If so, that's obviously ridiculous.

1 hour ago, wig said:

The evidence which isn't disputed is that he took a known, banned performance enhancer. Are you asking for evidence as far as the motive for doing so?  If so, that's obviously ridiculous.

No, what isn't disputed is that Mathis took a known masking agent that also happens to be precribed for couples that are having infertility problems.  What also isn't disputed is that his wife did get pregnant and the doctor that wrote the presciption stated that he did so to help Robert and his wife become pregnant.  Mathis' mistake was to not get approval from the NFL prior to the treatment.  There is only speculation that he took a PED.

15 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Even if by some crazy reason this was true, am I  the only one who doesn't care? If he took  something that helped his neck, who gives a flying leap? I'm sure if I had some bad injury or health issue and I could take something that could help me heal up faster (assuming it wouldn't hurt my health otherwise) I'd do it in 2 seconds. What's the problem with that? Big whoop.

That's pretty much the way a lot of people feel.  He had a career ending injury and this might have been the only way to heal from it.  Football is a brutal sport, and they say getting hit just once in the NFL is like enduring a 35 mph car wreck.  That is going to take it's toll on the human body and it's only a matter of time before the body can't take it anymore.  The NFL really doesn't take HGH testing very seriously and is no where close to the levels that MLB and UFC test.  If they don't take it seriously, why should we?  Just playing in the NFL is more physically harmful than HGH, especially if used correctly.  

15 minutes ago, Corndog said:

That's pretty much the way a lot of people feel.  He had a career ending injury and this might have been the only way to heal from it.  Football is a brutal sport, and they say getting hit just once in the NFL is like enduring a 35 mph car wreck.  That is going to take it's toll on the human body and it's only a matter of time before the body can't take it anymore.  The NFL really doesn't take HGH testing very seriously and is no where close to the levels that MLB and UFC test.  If they don't take it seriously, why should we?  Just playing in the NFL is more physically harmful than HGH, especially if used correctly.  

I don't have a problem with somebody taking something to help them heal faster (as long as its not gonna hurt your health in other ways like steroids can). I just don't see a reason to care even if it was true, though it looks like its not true.