Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning HGH Accusation - Update

grmasterb

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he did do it, they will never be able to prove it. He has never tested positive for it and he can just deny it at this point. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have lied in the past and done several shady things. I wouldn't honestly doubt if over half the NFL players have used HGH at 1 time in the past. To me it doesn't diminish anything Peyton has accomplished even if he did it. Nobody at this point could care less Tom possibly had a part of cheating by Deflating balls. Did it take away Tom's SB win? No, his Stats? No. Spygate was even proven to be a fact and other than a huge fine it doesn't affect the Patriots wins.

I'll add to that. He isn't being accused of this being a Colt either. What he did from 1998-2010 as a Colts doesn't even affect us. His 2004 Season is similar to his 2013 Season stats wise. He could've had had 50+ TD's in 2004 had we not rested him in the 2nd Half of the last game of the season. Was he even remotely on HGH then, No. He would still be a HOFamer without anything he's done in Denver. To me his Colts career proves he was Great regardless.

Did any of you take the time to read the complete article in the link above...???

There is absolutely nothing to worry about.   It is all spelled out there.  Sly made false allegations, and admitted to manufacturing these claims to bolster his own appearance.

7 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Lets be real here as much as we want to not believe it. It sucks if it's true which it very possibly is but if he had a broken neck and his career was over what else could he have done?

To me it really doesn't matter. The NFL didn't even test for it back then and I would almost bet at least 50% of NFL players were taking it. I still don't think he took it, could he have? Yes but It still doesn't change my opinion of him.

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Did any of you take the time to read the complete article in the link above...???

There is absolutely nothing to worry about.   It is all spelled out there.  Sly made false allegations, and admitted to manufacturing these claims to bolster his own appearance.

I read it that is why I am Posting like I am so Trolls don't roll in here and bash Peyton.

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I agree but it was Peyton's lawyer saying their team didn't remove anything. It's like the Pats saying they tested the balls and found nothing wrong themselves in terms of independence issues.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me it really doesn't matter. The NFL didn't even test for it back then and I would almost bet at least 50% of NFL players were taking it. I still don't think he took it, could he have? Yes but It still doesn't change my opinion of him.

We're all entitled to our opinions. One of my favorite baseball players ever did HGH when recovering from an injury and I still am a huge fan of the guy. Luckily he has earned the benefit of the doubt. Either way you can only prove something was sent to his wife and go from there.

Ashley Manning could have received HGH, but definitely received something. A guy named the Deflator took balls into a bathroom that he wasn't supposed to do. Draw your own conclusion on this one. Fans will stick by their guy and believe what they want. Winning cures all.

I will never believe Peyton did anything illegal in college football or the pros. Why would I believe an unfounded allegation from a guy named Charlie Sly? He sounds either like a pimp or a high ranking person in a heroine ring that made a deal with the DEA for full immunity to rat out all his associates in exchange for a new identity in Witness Protection by the FBI. The whole scandal is bull crap. 

Come on a HOF QB after 4 neck surgeries in 2011 would engage in illegal HGH usage just to get an unfair competitive edge? That notion is just preposterous. Besides, Archie raised all his children to be men of dignity & high moral character. Manning doesn't lie or take any shortcuts in over 2 decades of playing football. 

Kiss my caboose Charlie Sly. Peyton has more honor in his pinky than you will ever hope to achieve in your lifetime. 

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I will never believe Peyton did anything illegal in college football or the pros. Why would I believe an unfounded allegation from a guy named Charlie Sly? He sounds either like a pimp or a high ranking person in a heroine ring that made a deal with the DEA for full immunity to rat out all his associates in exchange for a new identity in Witness Protection by the FBI. The whole scandal is bull crap. 

Come on a HOF QB after 4 neck surgeries in 2011 would engage in illegal HGH usage just to get an unfair competitive edge? That notion is just preposterous. Besides, Archie raised all his children to be men of dignity & high moral character. Manning doesn't lie or take any shortcuts in over 2 decades of playing football. 

Kiss my caboose Charlie Sly. Peyton has more honor in his pinky than you will ever hope to achieve in your lifetime. 

I agree, anyone that believes that fool either has an IQ of room temperature which isn't even 70 in my house or is a Patriots fan.

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

Lets be real here as much as we want to not believe it. It sucks if it's true which it very possibly is but if he had a broken neck and his career was over what else could he have done?

Whoa there my friend. Peyton has almost a 20 year record in professional football with zero blemishes on it. Manning has built up a long reputation of trust, respect, & longevity with me & I don't jump ship & fear the worst the minute a company named Al Jazeera makes an outlandish accusation. Manning has an honorable track record with me & millions of fans why would he jeopardize that impeccable record now? It makes no sense whatsoever. In addition, if HGH was so great for him than why was he saddled with a nagging foot injury forcing 18 to sit down & recuperate then? Not much of an advantage there IMO. 

I like you bababooey & I realize that maybe you were just playing devil's advocate. I just think that Manning wouldn't insert anything into his body without the Denver medical staff approving of it & clearing it first. 

To me, Al Jazeera sounds like a Middle Eastern sleeper cell not a credible athletic supplier or rehab company.  

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Whoa there my friend. Peyton has almost a 20 year record in professional football with zero blemishes on it. Manning has built up a long reputation of trust, respect, & longevity with me & I don't jump ship & fear the worst the minute a company named Al Jazeera makes an outlandish accusation? 

I like you bababooey & I realize that maybe you were just playing devil's advocate. I just think that Manning wouldn't insert anything into his body without the Denver medical staff approving of it & clearing it first. 

To me, Al Jazeera sounds like a Middle Eastern sleeper cell not a credible athletic supplier or rehab company.  

Al Jazeera haha 

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, anyone that believes that fool either has an IQ of room temperature which isn't even 70 in my house or is a Patriots fan.

Exactly brother. Not only that did you ever notice that all the Manning naysayers who claim that Manning can't throw a deep ball consistently anymore are never asked this question: 

If, for the sake of argument, say that Peyton took HGH for a prolonged period of time wouldn't his arm strength & accuracy dramatically improve season to season by leaps & bounds then? It can't be both. Translation: Either 18 can't throw deep passes or he is taking HGH & his touchdown record is proliferating at an astronomical rate. Which is it? Nothing but chirping crickets. Just the way I like it. :thmup: 

8 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Exactly brother. Not only that did you ever notice that all the Manning naysayers who claim that Manning can't throw a deep ball consistently anymore are never asked this question: 

If, for the sake of argument, say that Peyton took HGH for a prolonged period of time wouldn't his arm strength & accuracy dramatically improve season to season by leaps & bounds then? It can't be both. Translation: Either 18 can't throw deep passes or he is taking HGH & his touchdown record is proliferating at an astronomical rate. Which is it? Nothing but chirping crickets. Just the way I like it. :thmup: 

What really cracks me up is the media thinking Peyton cant throw deep. I mean there is literally people doubting he can throw more than 20-30 Yards. He just threw a pass for 50 Yards and over threw Thomas in the AFC Title Game. What in the heck are these guys smoking?? I bet Peyton could throw it 60 Yards if he had too.

The other thing that royally ticks me off about this HGH scandal is fans from other franchises planting the seed the Manning sent the alleged shipments of HGH [total nonsense] under his wife's name. Does anybody truly think that Peyton would use Ashley as a human shield to avoid backlash media shrapnel? Hades no. Absolutely not. 

Of yeah, a former Walter Payton Man of the Year recipient, is gonna throw the mother of his children under the bus...Get real. 

I'm very loyal to the people I revere & if anybody attacks them without concrete evidence or provocation; I will go after you like a bloodthirsty pitbull. I'm very protective of my idols & my friends & I always will be.  

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

The other thing that royally ticks me off about this HGH scandal is fans from other franchises planting the seed the Manning sent the alleged shipments of HGH [total nonsense] under his wife's name. Does anybody think that Peyton would use Ashley as a human shield to avoid backlash media shrapnel? Hades no. Absolutely not. 

Of yeah, a former Walter Payton Man of the Year recipient, is gonna throw the mother of his children under the bus...Get real. 

I know it's complete garbage.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know it's complete garbage.

I know I posted that You Tube clip in another thread about the Manning HGH scandal before the Broncos played the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game, but that was only used to illustrate that I can dish it & take it either way. I like to weigh both sides & then give me 2 cents. 

I can't even watch either NFL Network or ESPN right now because all they ever say is how Cam Newton is so tremendous & Peyton Manning should just be put down because there's no way Denver can win. Please. Just keep yapping your dribble you fools. Denver is listening & their pride will show up on Sunday trust me. 

A neighbor of mine put up a Broncos flag outside his home too. Great. I'm not the only one with intelligence in WI Nice! 

Slightly off topic but still relevant: 

How come I never hear any NFL pundit breakdown Cam Newton's weaknesses? Everybody piles on Peyton: He's too slow, he can't put weight on his recovering toe, he can't throw accurately if you move him off his spot...

Why don't they ask these questions? If the Panthers get down early by a wide margin, will Cam put a towel over his head & pout if adversity strikes early? What if Wade Philips puts Talib on Greg Olson & takes him away? Will Cam succeed without his favorite security blanket? If Cam gets hit early & often by Ward & Wolfe, couldn't he turn the ball over often as well? What if Peyton uses Owen Daniels & Virgil Green as a substitute running game until AJ Anderson takes one to the house? 

It just bothers me that so many pundits act like Cam is preordained to win the SB. Ah, I seem to recall the 2002 Bucs & the 2007 NY Giants winning SBs they weren't supposed to pull off either. 

I just want more balanced coverage on why Carolina might lose the game on Sunday. It is a possibility you know. Just sayin'.

16 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I know I posted that You Tube clip in another thread about the Manning HGH scandal before the Broncos played the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game, but that was only used to illustrate that I can dish it & take it either way. I like to weigh both sides & then give me 2 cents. 

I can't even watch either NFL Network or ESPN right now because all they ever say is how Cam Newton is so tremendous & Peyton Manning should just be put down because there's no way Denver can win. Please. Just keep yapping your dribble you fools. Denver is listening & their pride will show up on Sunday trust me. 

A neighbor of mine put up a Broncos flag outside his home too. Great. I'm not the only one with intelligence in WI Nice! 

ESPN and the NFL Network seem to love going against Peyton every SB he's been in. Even the Seahawks SB when Peyton had his career year and when I was watching First Take, 80% of the people on their show was putting their face on Seattle's side like they are Carolina now. Almost Everyone seems to think Carolina is going to destroy Denver in this SB on those 2 Networks and are treating this like a joke. Well they did that when Denver played the Pats too. Of course according to their expertise, Peyton cant throw it more than 30 Yards haha It wouldn't shock me at all if Peyton threw a 40 Yard pass to Sanders or Thomas early just to show people how gullible they are in believing that crap.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

ESPN and the NFL Network seem to love going against Peyton every SB he's been in. Even the Seahawks SB when Peyton had his career year and when I was watching First Take, 80% of the people on their show was putting their face on Seattle's side like they are Carolina now. Almost Everyone seems to think Carolina is going to destroy Denver in this SB on those 2 Networks and are treating this like a joke. Well they did that when Denver played the Pats too. Of course according to their expertise, Peyton cant throw it more than 30 Yards haha It wouldn't shock me at all if Peyton threw a 40 Yard pass to Sanders or Thomas early just to show people how gullible they are in believing that crap.

Going 15-1 and then destroying Arizona is why the media is reacting the way they are. After saying that I seem to remember when a certain team was 16-0 and was considered unbeatable. We all know how that turned out. I think experience might play a big part in this game.

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Going 15-1 and then destroying Arizona is why the media is reacting the way they are. After saying that I seem to remember when a certain team was 16-0 and was considered unbeatable. We all know how that turned out. I think experience might play a big part in this game.

Yep. I don't see them being a 15-1 dominant team and I think Denver is just as good with a better Defense even. I could be dead wrong and it could be 35-14 Carolina but I doubt it. I am just not buying into Carolina's dominance that the media is spreading. I think they are Very Good but nothing like the 85 Bears or some unstoppable force for example. I also think Most people are underestimating Peyton for some reason. I could see it before last week but now it is a bit comical.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Going 15-1 and then destroying Arizona is why the media is reacting the way they are. After saying that I seem to remember when a certain team was 16-0 and was considered unbeatable. We all know how that turned out.

I apologize for dominating this thread. I do that when so called "experts" infuriate me. Right on CC1; I've heard the 'complete team' argument so much in Carolina's favor that I just shake my head now in sarcastic laughter. 

I will end with this: What makes sports so phenomenal are the never saw that coming upsets that become legendary & instant classics... 

Okay, SW1 blew off enough steam now. Thanks for letting me vent. No bill in the mail 2 weeks later either. Woo Hoo! 

Guys I'm just playing devils advocate, the only reason I say that I could believe it is because he had a broken neck that required healing, he came back and crushed it for 2.5 years before falling off a cliff in terms of production and health. It is a fact his wife received medicine from there.

What is messed up about Sly is he brought in several other names including Jeter to try to impress a guy he thought was an athlete he could try to sell steroids to him and his friends. Al Jazeera is also not known for their journalistic integrity, and is now winding down their business in America but I'm just trying to be real here.

He has built up the benefit of the doubt, which makes it a damn shame that this is a storyline going into the SB and probably his final game. Outstanding person aside, there are some facts that dont look good before we find anything else out which unfortunately will be after the SB.

9 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

What that really means is that a stand up guy like Manning probably let it be known through private channels that he wasn't going to let the media harass him for stories....that they were not going to get richer by destroying his character.  IOW, because they like to try to bring down good people...... to help garner ratings from the people who believe that all people are bad people at heart..they were unprepared for Manning's probable defamation lawsuit.

Basically, Sly and the people who hate normal people.... brought a knife to a gunfight.

Did anybody see Billions this week? There are three options to deal with a story like this (before it goes out).

1. Sue afterward, but people remember the scandal not the follow up if you're innocent.

2. Pay off the network & kill the story, but it makes you look like you're trying to hide something.

3. Take it into your own hands and rough them up, which is essentially what PM is doing w his team visiting the facility and Sly.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Same.  If it ever gets any further :dunno:   

I'm prepared to be dismissive just as I am prepared to be disappointed depending on how this whole thing turns out.  But it's hard to care about this right now.  It's a recording of a guy making accusations that, at the time, clearly had something to gain by making said accusations.

I have had chronic pain for around 30 years.  Nothing I have taken has completely taken away the pain.

His neck was almost a career ending injury.  I would have done the HGH if it were me.  The only days I get relief are those when I am taking steroids.  I said that I would do it.....but I do not think Peyton Manning would. I just don't!!

23 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I'll wait until it's beyond hearsay.

I agree, I have no idea if Peyton took HGH or not.

The one item about the story that stood out to me was the reporters assertion that it was only legal to prescribe HGH for three conditions.  That is complete garbage, HGH may only be approved for those three conditions, but physicians can prescribe a drug off label anytime they want to, as long as there is a scientific basis for prescribing it that way.  

5 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I agree, I have no idea if Peyton took HGH or not.

The one item about the story that stood out to me was the reporters assertion that it was only legal to prescribe HGH for three conditions.  That is complete garbage, HGH may only be approved for those three conditions, but physicians can prescribe a drug off label anytime they want to, as long as there is a scientific basis for prescribing it that way.  

Well and if there's any you can count on from the media when a story like this is in its infancy and a lot is now known...it's speculation season.  I always hate how the narratives get crafted when the least amount of facts are known.

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What really cracks me up is the media thinking Peyton cant throw deep. I mean there is literally people doubting he can throw more than 20-30 Yards. He just threw a pass for 50 Yards and over threw Thomas in the AFC Title Game. What in the heck are these guys smoking?? I bet Peyton could throw it 60 Yards if he had too.

Peyton can still throw it deep if need be, with not the same zip , but his age is a factor , the injuries so on. Not to fret what he has lost in arm strength hes more than overcome in mental savvy . :thmup: I believe he takes good care of ball , and sets them up no turnovers he wins IMO.

This is when the NFL can get the most publicity for its investigation too, much like when it did so vs Brady prior to the SB. It is too identical. 

The NFL, I believe, messed up its case vs Brady. They see this opportunity vs Peyton as another chance to get a marquee QB under the microscope and do the technicalities right. We will see what happens. Too early to speculate. Well then, there is always a Minnesota judge or even the NY judge now to stick it to the NFL league office, lol :)