Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is McCarthy next coach to be fired?

amfootball

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

About the only person in Green Bay more respected than Mike McCarthy is......

General Manager Ted Thompson.

You must be horribly bored to spend so much time on a team that isn't New England or Indianapolis......

Terrible thread.

The thread topic and intention is fine. And it's a good change from the usual Patriots or Broncos stuff.

But, like a few have already said.......Capers will probably get the blame.

11 hours ago, amfootball said:

What has happened to Rodgers? Do you think he is injured?

He doesn't take enough risks and is afraid of mistakes. He tries too hard to be the "anti Favre". But, it has it's draw backs. 

Rodgers fans often brag he doesn't throw many interceptions. So what, he don't take many CHANCES and often thats why the Packers don't comeback in games and play like conservative old ladies.

There is zero excitement with Rodgers. Luck gets nailed for his picks at times but the guy takes CHANCES.

2 hours ago, Jules said:

The thread topic and intention is fine. And it's a good change from the usual Patriots or Broncos stuff.

It started off attacking Mike McCarthy....    pretty silly.

Then she compared McCarthy with Tom Coughlin and "others"....   pretty silly.

Then she said the person who should be under fire is....    Ted Thompson....    pretty silly.

And she also said that McCarthy and Rodgers have a strained relationship and offered NOTHING as an example or explanation.     Pretty silly.

So,  we see the same thread pretty differently.....   and....   I'm OK with that....

2 hours ago, Jules said:

It started off attacking Mike McCarthy....    pretty silly.

Then she compared McCarthy with Tom Coughlin and "others"....   pretty silly.

Then she said the person who should be under fire is....    Ted Thompson....    pretty silly.

And she also said that McCarthy and Rodgers have a strained relationship and offered NOTHING as an example or explanation.     Pretty silly.

So,  we see the same thread pretty differently.....   and....   I'm OK with that....

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Coughlin and countless others DON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!      Hello?!?

Does that sound at all like Green Bay?      Don't they make the playoffs?

Yikes.....

If you read my first post you would see that I was comparing a potential firing to what happened to Denver last year with Fox. How many of us thought Fox and his staff would be shown the door after all those winning seasons, a SB appearance and the 2 seed last year?

You have to weigh expectations here. This isn't just about wins or making the playoffs as with Rodgers you should win 10+ every season and make the post-season but the expectation is Super Bowl and losing the division this year to the Vikes and potentially getting bounced in the divisional is certainly reason enough to suspect coaches or a GMs job may be at stake. I am not saying it WILL happen but just throwing it out as a point of discussion given what happened in Denver last year. I see the two situations as similar.

McCarthy is fine.  Pack is having problems due to bad luck with injuries.  

From what I've seen Rodgers play this year, it's not his fault.  He either drops back and has a defender in his face before he can even set his feet or he throws a perfect pass to a receiver and the receiver drops it.

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

If you read my first post you would see that I was comparing a potential firing to what happened to Denver last year with Fox. How many of us thought Fox and his staff would be shown the door after all those winning seasons, a SB appearance and the 2 seed last year?

You have to weigh expectations here. This isn't just about wins or making the playoffs as with Rodgers you should win 10+ every season and make the post-season but the expectation is Super Bowl and losing the division this year to the Vikes and potentially getting bounced in the divisional is certainly reason enough to suspect coaches or a GMs job may be at stake. I am not saying it WILL happen but just throwing it out as a point of discussion given what happened in Denver last year. I see the two situations as similar.

Packers would be dumb to fire their GM.  One of the reasons the Packers rarely sign free agents is because their GM drafts so well that they don't need to.  

I think it would also be a mistake to fire their HC but not nearly as big of a mistake as it would be to fire their GM.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

And she also said that McCarthy and Rodgers have a strained relationship and offered NOTHING as an example or explanation.    

It has been reported a ton this season but here you go ...

Rodgers on McCarthy: 'Conflict is good'

Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy have had a few sideline spats and public disagreements over the years. But from the outside looking in this season, it seems like there’s more tension between the two.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2016/01/08/rodgers-mccarthy-conflict-good/78410162/

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Yes, probably Capers until you look at the woeful talent on defense that has been apparent for several seasons now. And then you look at the offense and realize that without Nelson, the Packers have no legit threats anywhere. No big TE to help Rodgers in the red zone, no outside guy that can consistently get separation or has any height to help Rodgers be able to throw a couple of jump balls, no legit slot guy to get him possession yards. The Oline is a mess and has been for awhile. Lacy is a nice back but not elite.

There are major issues in GB and I would not be surprised to see some big moves this off-season with the staff ...

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 0:28 PM, BloodyChamp said:

Rodger's OL hasn't been that bad. They just get the blame when he stands there and stands there and doesn't do anything. 

No, his O-line has been bad Bulaga's been hurt (still is, even though he is playing) LT David Bahktari is out.....they played a guard at tackle last week in a pivotal game.

...Rodgers is always moving and there's a reason

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:26 AM, amfootball said:

It has been reported a ton this season but here you go ...

Rodgers on McCarthy: 'Conflict is good'

Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy have had a few sideline spats and public disagreements over the years. But from the outside looking in this season, it seems like there’s more tension between the two.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2016/01/08/rodgers-mccarthy-conflict-good/78410162/

The writer here is reaching.

They have always argued over what to call.....They disagree a lot. As fans, we think that's the reason for losses. How many games have they lost the last 4 years?

That's their relationship.

Neither one of them is leaving

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No, his O-line has been bad Bulaga's been hurt (still is, even though he is playing) LT David Bahktari is out.....they played a guard at tackle last week in a pivotal game.

...Rodgers is always moving and there's a reason

Missing 1 guy...man what a drag

absolutely doubt it. The injuries killed them this year. Theyre really just a few playmakers away from another super bowl. The RB situation needs to be solved and the defense.

Im always a firm believer that once you win a super bowl, your job is sealed until you believe its time to leave. Like Coughlin. lol.

The Pack shuffled their O-line just before the playoffs, ala Ravens before their 2012 SB run and it was not nearly as bad today, IMO.

Yeah, none of the coaches are going anywhere. NFCCG last year, another playoff win now, they will give Arizona all that they can handle, IMO.