Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some worthless stats that will shock some of you

DalTXColtsFan

These numbers shocked *me* to where I had to double-check them, but I believe they're right, but it's still hard to believe looking at them.  I welcome anyone who wishes to verify my facts:

From 2012 to 2015 the colts played 25 games against teams that finished with 10 or more wins and 22 games against teams that finished with 6 or less wins.

In that same span the Patriots played 19 games against teams that finished with 10 or more wins, and 19 games against teams that finished with 6 or less wins.

In that same span the Steelers played 18 games against teams that finished with 10 or more wins, and 20 games against teams that finished with 6 or less wins.

Here's another worthless stat:

Since 2012 only 3 teams have more wins (playoff and RS combined) than the Colts - NE, Denver and Seattle.  That's it.  Period.

Since 2012 only 4 teams have more PLAYOFF wins than the Colts (NE, Balt, SF and Sea), but there are several teams (Hou (1), Pitt (0), Cincy (0), Den (2), Minn (0), GB (2), Wash (0)) who could go on a massive run and pass or tie the Colts.

3 minutes ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Since 2012 only 3 teams have more wins (playoff and RS combined) than the Colts - NE, Denver and Seattle.  That's it.  Period.

Since 2012 only 4 teams have more PLAYOFF wins than the Colts (NE, Balt, SF and Sea), but there are several teams (Hou (1), Pitt (0), Cincy (0), Den (2), Minn (0), GB (2), Wash (0)) who could go on a massive run and pass or tie the Colts.

In spite of all the success documented in this thread, it seems like half the people on this forum feel it's not good enough.  I always say that if people really enjoy whining and complaining so much, they should be Browns fans.

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

In spite of all the success documented in this thread, it seems like half the people on this forum feel it's not good enough.  I always say that if people really enjoy whining and complaining so much, they should be Browns fans.

Playing devil's advocate, the goal is to win a Super Bowl, with subgoals of beating the Patriots and Steelers.  The new regime has not accomplished ANY of those goals despite multiple opportunities (though they have owned Denver and have beaten Seattle and SF).

The goal is not to be the sixth-best team in the league.

So it's good to acknowledge that what they've accomplished is tremendous, but it's also fair to point out that they need to improve, because it *isn't* good enough.

I believe they can get better and get us where we want to be.

1 minute ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Playing devil's advocate, the goal is to win a Super Bowl, with subgoals of beating the Patriots and Steelers.  The new regime has not accomplished ANY of those goals despite multiple opportunities (though they have owned Denver and have beaten Seattle and SF).

The goal is not to be the sixth-best team in the league.

So it's good to acknowledge that what they've accomplished is tremendous, but it's also fair to point out that they need to improve, because it *isn't* good enough.

I believe they can get better and get us where we want to be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should be content.  And losing bad points out that we're not a great team in spite of having winning records.  But we have to remember that just because we have Luck doesn't mean we're going to be in the SB every year. 

And I'm not talking about the people who post items disagreeing with play selection or personnel, especially when they back up their opinion.  I'm referring to those people who just like to get on and complain.  I think you know what I mean.

23 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I live in western Ohio.  My son is a Browns fan.  Most around here are Bengals fans.  

You won't hear me complaining.  It's better to expect a playoff berth and not get it than it is to expect a high draft choice and get it.

2 minutes ago, GhostofJohnnyU said:

I live in western Ohio.  My son is a Browns fan.  Most around here are Bengals fans.  

You won't hear me complaining.  It's better to expect a playoff berth and not get it than it is to expect a high draft choice and get it.

Or even waste the high draft pick on a wig wearing *