Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defensive Co-ordinator choices

chad72

Who would you like for the next Defensive Co-ordinator?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like for the next DC?

53 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is your opinion. Draft picks are listed on a board under advisement from more than one person. I know it is one person who pulls the trigger but very seldom is it just one persons opinion.

Do you think the DC wanted Dorsett or the OC or the coach?  Hard to say but I doubt it would have been their first choice given the overall needs situation.  Pagano was along for the ride back then however, I think it will be different now.  Pagano seemed energized once the pick was made based on the presser, but he was giving in to anything Grigson desired and playing along (and yes, this is IMO)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Completely wrong system.  Tampa-2 with 4-3 alignment.  Pagano like the 3-4 hyrid was press man.

Yeah, I know, but he's now the biggest name out there, and I'm not certain he'll get another HC job. Figured someone would entertain the thought.

On 1/6/2016 at 9:50 PM, CS Coltsfan said:

found this off of chatsports...

http://www.chatsports.com/indianapolis-colts/a/colts-defensive-coordinator-hot-board-top-5-replacements-greg-manusky-25525

gave some good names.... none the have been posted yet.

I think that Monachino is an interesting option because of his past success  while working with Chuck. Some have said that they want to see Pagano put his stamp on this D and I think Monachino is one way to get that done. 

I'd probably rather hire a proven DC coming off of a failed HC gig, myself. Pettine would be my choice. That way you let him do his thing and Chuck can focus on motivating the team and making better in-game decisions.

If we take a positional coach from another team, Rapone, the DBs coach in Arizona (also mentioned in the article) is a guy to look at. He's obviously done a good job coaching up young defensive backs for the Cardinals. We really wouldn't have any excuses for poor secondary play if we had him as well as Pagano on the staff. 

I think Manusky's 2 biggest issues schematically were he would sometimes put Linebackers out on receivers and his blitz packages were just not creative...very vanilla which would have been fine if we have a young Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney because they could get pressure every snap almost between the 2 of them but we had an older Mathis(Coming off injury) and an older Cole.

Manusky is not the only D Coordinator to put linebackers out on receivers once in a while but he still had no business doing that given the talent at ILB