Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury Discussion

MPStack

We all know that injuries happen to every team in sports period! However, the Colts as we know seemed to have suffered a great deal more injuries than most teams that past couple years. Is this a Strength and Conditioning problem, poor drafting or just bad luck? With the changes coming in the off season is this something that can be fixed and limited in the future.  

The NFL IR list is jam packed this year but I agree with "Mr Holmes" that Indy seems to be on the wrong side of average injured players and have been for quite sometime. Years back it was the turf in the old RCA Dome to blame, then it was the smaller, quicker players Tony Dungy used, now...I think conditioning, technique and back up players that aren't able to hold their own, hence putting their team mates at greater risk, are most to blame?

30 minutes ago, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

Baloney.  We don't have SB talent across the O & D lines, we have a bunch of overpaid, over the hill re-treads all thanks to one man, Grigson.  The fix begins there.

1, that has nothing to do with this thread. 2, I don't think you know what your talking about both lines are pretty young with the exception of Reitz. If your talking about olb with Mathis and Cole well your kinda right with Cole. Otherwise the D-line ' oldest player is langford at what like 29 the rest are rookies or 1 year guys. The o-line oldest player is Reitz who has played very well the rest besides Costanzo are 3-4 year players... please take time and think about stuff before you make statements like that..

8 hours ago, will426 said:

I think it's strength and conditioning by far 

Often heard the colts have the worst work out facility and that many college programs have better I have always wondered if that attributes to more injured players .