Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oakland (+7) @ Denver (12-13-15)

oldunclemark

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Denver sure could have used a W today....  I agree with you Mark,  Peyton  WILL play as soon as he's healthy enough.   Pathetic showing by Brock and the Denver D today.

What was so pathetic about Brock? He had NOTHING to work with.  The safety was 50% him and 50% the o-line being swiss cheese.  He's a game manager with no run game, no o-line and receivers who can't reliably catch.

That being said, Brock missed a few throws that could have been TD's. Of course even if the throws got there the receivers would probably drop them.

Just now, Gramz said:

Denver sure could have used a W today....  I agree with you Mark,  Peyton  WILL play as soon as he's healthy enough.   Pathetic showing by Brock and the Denver D today.

But everyone keeps telling me that the Broncos needed to bench Peyton and they'd have a high-powered offense all of a sudden!

I pray when Manning comes back this line doesn't retire him. It's like flashbacks of post 2006 Indy levels of bad.

No run blocking.

No pass protection.

And Manning is immobile. He got away with it back then since he could get rid of the ball so quickly...maybe he still can but jesus. He's a lot less mobile now than he was back then, too and I doubt he can take the punishment like he did back then.

2 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

What was so pathetic about Brock? He had NOTHING to work with.  The safety was 50% him and 50% the o-line being swiss cheese.  He's a game manager with no run game, no o-line and receivers who can't reliably catch.

That being said, Brock missed a few throws that could have been TD's...if the receivers didn't drop them.

Hasn't Denver rushed for over 150 yards a game with Osweiler? How is that norun game?

Brock is less than average, and that showed today.

That's the first time Brock has looked bad. He was hesitant...seemed clumsy..

Couldnt step up away from the rush..didn't 'feel' it.

But Brock did what the backup QB should do..just like our guy Matt Hasselbeck. Time to go back to the starter.

Problem is: Peyton wont be ready next week, I dont think..Its Brock at Pittsburgh

4 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

That being said, Brock missed a few throws that could have been TD's. Of course even if the throws got there the receivers would probably drop them.

Okay, I'll give you that.  Maybe "not" pathetic, but certainly did not look good today.    

I think other teams have now had enough film on him...   :dunno:  

23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If the Broncos lose this game, I can see them losing the Steelers and Bengals games and losing the division to the Chiefs at 11-5, as crazy as it sounds

Not too crazy really- lot left in the season. I get a kick how everyone in the off season can't wait for football then when it comes like they're rushing the playoffs by week 8, even less lol.

Things simply have to play out...until the fat lady sings :).

1 minute ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Ugh.... DEN still holds PIT under 21 and loses anyway. Regardless of who the QB is. Even if this were 2003 Peyton he can't throw, catch, and block.

He can audible, change protection etc.  Brock is young and hasn't learned that skill yet

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

HUGE lose by Denver. Mack was a beast all day. Peyton would have been killed out there today and probably not finished the game. The Denver O could not even block 3 rushers.

Peyton would have gotten rid of the ball faster......he doesnt drop back and he doesn't have a long wind up.

The thing is: UP 12...Denver should never have been challenged 4 1st half TDs became 4 1st half FGs

10 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

I pray when Manning comes back this line doesn't retire him. It's like flashbacks of post 2006 Indy levels of bad.

No run blocking.

No pass protection.

And Manning is immobile. He got away with it back then since he could get rid of the ball so quickly...maybe he still can but jesus. He's a lot less mobile now than he was back then, too and I doubt he can take the punishment like he did back then.

Don't worry...He'll be fine..just like against GB and the Colts

2 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Who was better on Denver's offense tonight than Brock?

He had a great first half and then Oakland lowered the boom in the second half. He was bum rushed all second half and the muffed punt by Sanders was a KILLER as well as all the drops on the last two drives. Brock was by far the best player out there on offense. And Kubes red zone play calls were horrific.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't kid yourself, Peyton would've won this game. I have no doubt about that.

If the O-line "blocked" like that, Peyton may not have survived two quarters. Years ago he was gumby and could take a hit, now he might get killed.

We'll see what happens. He should be back in a couple weeks, possibly next but I wouldn't put him back in the fire against PIT.