Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The weekly Greg Toler sucks thread

RockThatBlue

22 minutes ago, imacoltfan said:

Right, because every NFL corner should be expected to stay with guys for 4-6 seconds, which is what our pass rush (?) allows. 

Lack of pass rush is not why Toler has been bad. We could have Seattle's or Denvers d line and he'd still suck.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toler is a bum I wish they would just cut him!  Seriously, any of us could do just as poorly! 

Not only can he not cover a route - he is clearly afraid of contact!    See him time after time pulling up and avoiding making a tackle / or contact.

Go out to all the local fast food restaurants in Indy - you will find a better player.

16 hours ago, LuckIsAwesome said:

You'd think how the Steelers destroyed us in zone last year that we wouldn't have played zone tonight. I like Manusky but he really crapped the bed tonight. Game plan was horrible to put it nicely. 

No doubt that Vontae has been disappointing. Don't know what's up with him. But I think Toler needs to sit the bench next week.  And I don't know why, but we can't come within a mile of sacking big Ben. One total hit in the last 2 games on him. 

I think Vontae can be susceptible to reacting badly to controversy in the team. When things seemed great, he played great. 

If they aren't going to give Djoun some of his playing time it seems we are stuck with the guy for now.  No quick fix corner we can bring in off the streets.  I see the Seahawks just released Cary WIlliams, and he does know our system.  However that is probably just like bringing in Greg Toler all over again I would think.  I could deal with him as a nickel or dime, but as a #2 at this point he'd probably give about the same thing as Toler.

Toler's always sucked. Last year was his best year but he still isn't good enough for us. We need to replace him with one of Sean Smith, Janoris Jenkins, or Amukamara. I would say Pacman but I'd be scared he'd start to go down hill considering his age.

I've been a big Toler supporter, but I just don't see any improvement with him over his entire Colt career.  Poor pass rush doesn't help certainly, but he's just not starter material.  Maybe second string for depth, but that's about it.  He bites and gets turned around too easily.  He also seems totally lost at times with regards to the ball.

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

Their contracts reflect their worth. All are easily cuttable.  Its tough building up from a depleted roster with a bunch of dead money and a 2-14 season (lucky to win one game that year honestly) and switch schemes in only 4 years.  You'd have to get every player personnel decision right...which nobody does.

If not for playing in the AFC South these past few years, realistically, the team should be contending for its first division title this year...ascending in the AFC as Manning/Brady decline. 

Pittsburgh has drafted higher than slot 20 several times in the past 5 years.  The Colts never have.

The Colts really only had one year where there was a significant amount of dead money on the cap though. Many teams turn it around in one to two years. This team should be further along right now than what it is. Grigson has missed on almost every free agent he has signed. Landry, Thomas, Cole, Johnson, Toler, Nicks, Heyward-Bey, Richardson, Ricky Jean-Francois, Cherilus. There have been WAY more misses than hits.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 7:30 PM, Pagano's Realtor said:

The Colts really only had one year where there was a significant amount of dead money on the cap though. Many teams turn it around in one to two years. This team should be further along right now than what it is. Grigson has missed on almost every free agent he has signed. Landry, Thomas, Cole, Johnson, Toler, Nicks, Heyward-Bey, Richardson, Ricky Jean-Francois, Cherilus. There have been WAY more misses than hits.

Love that avatar and screen name.