Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maybe Grigson built a better roster than people wanna credit him for

RockThatBlue

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grigson has done a credible job stocking this roster.  However, he failed miserably with the OLine.  This off season there were better guards available than Herreman.  We were vulnerable and he didn't address it.  He gets high marks for the DLine additions.  Parry and Anderson look like long term fixtures.  However, we didn't find the edge rusher that we need to pressure opposing QB's and that causes havoc for our DBs.  Richardson, Werner and Dorsett were 1st round piks that were wasted.  just my opinion.

50 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

I have been saying for years to get rid of Grigson he has created a mess it will take years to fix it.How he has lasted this long makes me wonder about Irsay 

and you've been ignored for years...and rightly so.  

5 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't know JP. I'm sure you can count on 5 fingers out of all the teams in the NFL who could go 11-5 without their starting QB in the game for several games. Most teams slip up quite a bit when their starter is out. Doesn't mean it's a bad team.  Hasslebeck took all this supposed "bad personnel" and won 2 out of 4 games with it.  Would have won more if Hasslebeck himself wasn't screwing us over to be honest.  Lately he's been the main reason why we haven't finished drives.  I don't think it has been due to bad personnel overall.  After you go 3 and out so many times how long can you expect the D to hold up on any team?

Let's be honest....the jags and Falcons handed those games to the colts on a silver platter.  And the Falcons are horrible.  I will give them credit for looking good against the Bucs and Texans.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

Let's be honest....the jags and Falcons handed those games to the colts on a silver platter.  And the Falcons are horrible.  I will give them credit for looking good against the Bucs and Texans.

A win is a win and you take it how you get it especially with a back up.  Patriots have a lot of games like that in their history.  They ain't trying to give none of em back either.  You have to play a certain way to even be in the vicinity of getting the win in the first place.  Being given something implies you almost did nothing to get it.

Just now, krunk said:

A win is a win and you take it how you get it with a back up.  Patriots have a lot of games like that in their history.  They ain't trying to give none of em back either.

Sure, I'll take the win....but you have to be honest with yourself if you are evaluating the team.

5 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Sure, I'll take the win....but you have to be honest with yourself if you are evaluating the team.

Hard to give an honest evaluation with major pieces missing.   Most teams look like trash or somewhere around mediocre when the backup is in the game.  It's like trying look for honest evaluations of the Pats when they had all their starters injured.  We're not in that exact same position, but maybe we are. I'd have to think the Pats may have lost even more games with Garapolo in the game vs. having Brady with all the other skill positions missing.  Now if you wanted honesty when Luck was under center we stunk for the most part, but I think it was more trashy execution and play calling than the personnel.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

Hard to give an honest evaluation with major pieces missing.   Most teams look like trash or somewhere around mediocre when the backup is in the game.  It's like trying look for honest evaluations of the Pats when they had all their starters injured.  We're not in that exact same position, but maybe we are. I'd have to think the Pats may have lost even more games with Garapolo in the game vs. having Brady with all the other skill positions missing.  Now if you wanted honesty when Luck was under center we stunk for the most part, but I think it was more trashy execution and play calling than the personnel.

I think Luck's main problem was 3 years under an OC who stunk.  I said last year it was unfair to judge Luck until the Colts hired a real OC.

6 hours ago, BOTT said:

I think Luck's main problem was 3 years under an OC who stunk.  I said last year it was unfair to judge Luck until the Colts hired a real OC.

Not sure why we have to go down this same road every few weeks.....    but apparently we do.....

Under Pep we had one of the NFL's top offenses in both 13 and 14.     In 13, he cut Luck's interceptions in half.

In '14 Luck led the NFL with 40 TD passes and nearly 5000 yards passing.

And in both of those years,  we had a lousy running game thanks to poor RB's and a below average o-line.

Not everything in the world is Pep Hamilton's fault,  and I'm the first guy here to call for him to be fired.....

He didn't stink.     He just wasn't good enough.    The Colts, with all of our problems,  needed better.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure why we have to go down this same road every few weeks.....    but apparently we do.....

Under Pep we had one of the NFL's top offenses in both 13 and 14.     In 13, he cut Luck's interceptions in half.

In '14 Luck led the NFL with 40 TD passes and nearly 5000 yards passing.

And in both of those years,  we had a lousy running game thanks to poor RB's and a below average o-line.

Not everything in the world is Pep Hamilton's fault,  and I'm the first guy here to call for him to be fired.....

He didn't stink.     He just wasn't good enough.    The Colts, with all of our problems,  needed better.

Wait, Luck threw for that many yards?  Man, I had no idea.  Thanks for taking me down that road again Miyagi san.  I have changed my mind, Pep was solid.

sorry, but Pep stunk.

19 hours ago, Doctor Mad said:

Grigson has done a credible job stocking this roster.  However, he failed miserably with the OLine.  This off season there were better guards available than Herreman.  We were vulnerable and he didn't address it.  He gets high marks for the DLine additions.  Parry and Anderson look like long term fixtures.  However, we didn't find the edge rusher that we need to pressure opposing QB's and that causes havoc for our DBs.  Richardson, Werner and Dorsett were 1st round piks that were wasted.  just my opinion.

This is my biggest issue with Grigson. He wasted atleast two first round picks. Unfortunately both players turned out really bad. Not just over reaching, they didn't contribute anything. That kills a team. Dorsett, I'll give more time to see how that one turns out.