Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Les Miles

LJpalmbeacher2

I wonder where all those rumors were coming from? I thought it would be totally asinine to have fired him. Very odd...

I don't follow college ball, but I was wondering the same thing...apparently it all started with a twitter rumor and people (media) picked it up as fact and ran with it. At least from what I can tell.

Either way, LSU AD said last night, the Myles will in fact be the coach going forward

I'm not picking on you at all but I alway find it funny how these NCAA programs fire these types of coaches or force them out! You used the word "underachieved", Miles' record the last 6 seasons: 2010- 11-2, 2011 13-1(National title), 2012 10-3, 2013 10-3, 2014 8-5 and this year 7-3 so far. Those are great records for any program. Ask Texas and Nebraska about how they feel about their most recent coaching hires. I just shake my head at these situations because a guy who has gone 110-32 at your school shouldn't be getting forced out. It's ridiculous.

It's easy to think the way you do if all you do is look at his overall record. But take a look at LSU's games, specifically the offense the last few years, and you'll see a team with a lot of talent that has no business struggling to score the way it does. Hence my "underachieving" label for Miles (which I believe to be true and which I think a lot of other college football fans would agree) and the reason for not wanting him to be the Colts coach.

I do agree with your overall point that he shouldn't be getting forced out with the record he has, but I don't believe he is an elite coach and therefore do not desire him to be on the Colts' sideline. Looks like LSU is keeping him anyway after today.

Gotta love this forum. One minute we have people complaining about hiring a first time HC (like Pagano) the next minute people are asking if the colts should hire Les Miles who has no NFL head coaching experience.

And as far as I'm aware of, no nfl experience at all other than the year or two with Dallas back in 98-00' as the TE coach.

On 11/25/2015, 12:43:50, LuckIsAwesome said:

Gotta love this forum. One minute we have people complaining about hiring a first time HC (like Pagano) the next minute people are asking if the colts should hire Les Miles who has no NFL head coaching experience.

Is it the same people saying both things?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I'd get Kirk Ferentz as my OC should Chud leave. 

Iowa manages to get enough OL at the NFL level and he knows a thing or two about establishing the run, IMO.

Didn't Kirk work with Belichick too?

I like Ferentz not sure why he's never taken a bigger job than Iowa. There have had to be opportunities over the years.

Please no more college guys cutting their teeth with our team. Hopefully Pagano Chud Manusky stay right where they are. 

On December 2, 2015 at 7:34:01 PM, chad72 said:

I'd get Kirk Ferentz as my OC should Chud leave. 

Iowa manages to get enough OL at the NFL level and he knows a thing or two about establishing the run, IMO.

Didn't Kirk work with Belichick too?

That would be a horrible idea. Why get another guy without any success leading an NFL offense?