Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We're Not Going Hear Any More Manning Updates, Are We?

oldunclemark

I was wondering the same thing. When was his last checkup? Early January like a couple days ago?

Yeah Presto....

I hoped we'd hear something this week but the GM news swamped it....

....Manning's recovery is the post on which everything else hinges...

resignings..draft choices...coach and GM changes...

.....sure would like to know if his throwing is getting near 100%/

I was wondering the same thing. When was his last checkup? Early January like a couple days ago?

No, his next check up likely wont be until near March 1st...he was getting the monthly's done while still in hopes of playing/practicing this season, so he had them more frequently...also because it was more important then, to monitor the fusion process...now its just a matter of the nerve regenerating and him regaining the strength in the arm...in Peyton's interview about Polian's firing, he mentions that they were discussing March 1st as his next check up date, that would give a full week before his bonus is due

No, his next check up likely wont be until near March 1st...he was getting the monthly's done while still in hopes of playing/practicing this season, so he had them more frequently...also because it was more important then, to monitor the fusion process...now its just a matter of the nerve regenerating and him regaining the strength in the arm...in Peyton's interview about Polian's firing, he mentions that they were discussing March 1st as his next check up date, that would give a full week before his bonus is due

I dont believe that he's not getting checkups more frequently than that, do you?

He's in hiding now and I know he seems very uncomfortable talking about his health...but HE wants to know. He needs to know..

He's certainly being checked every few weeks for progress...You cant rehab anything corrctly without that knowledge..

Regardless...I just wish he'd tell us how he's doing.

I dont believe that he's not getting checkups more frequently than that, do you?

He's in hiding now and I know he seems very uncomfortable talking about his health...but HE wants to know. He needs to know..

He's certainly being checked every few weeks for progress...You cant rehab anything corrctly without that knowledge..

Well, if he already knows that the fusion has taken...and he has been told that he can ramp up his rehab as intensely as he is comfortable with...and that the main thing now is the regeneration of the nerve...what would his check ups consist of or even be looking for, provided he doesnt feel that he has had any sort of set backs etc? Is it really that far fetched to think that after his physical at the end of this season, that will be a check up in and of itself, that he would go 2 months before his next check up? i wouldnt think so, personally

If he had suffered a blown knee/acl/mcl etc, then yeah, he would have to go check on that more frequently...but since the fusion has taken, he can judge for himself if his arm strength is improving or not, can he not? not trying to be a smarta** at all, just giving my .02

Like you, me or anyone else here would know any of that?

I appreciate the spirit of this thread, however it's asking people that have no idea. Heck, you couldn't pry the correct answer directly out of the horses mouth. Truth is, there is so much money at stake here, much is likely being done behind the scenes that none of us will ever hear about. I suppose that Irsay has his head implanted directly up Peyton's backside 24/7.

I had no idea we had so many neurosurgeons/orthopedic doctors on this board.

I appreciate the spirit of this thread, however it's asking people that have no idea. Heck, you couldn't pry the correct answer directly out of the horses mouth. Truth is, there is so much money at stake here, much is likely being done behind the scenes that none of us will ever hear about. I suppose that Irsay has his head implanted directly up Peyton's backside 24/7.

Well if you read the entire post instead of just the first few words, you would have seen that it "came from the horses mouth" so to speak...if you read what Peyton had to say after Polian was fired, he clearly said that the plan going forward was for his next check up to be March 1.

I didnt realize that you had to be a neurosurgeon/orthopedic doctor in order to read or hear...but then again, i'm not sure where you're from...maybe those are the only ones who bother with such difficult tasks there?

also, once you do learn to comprehend what you read, you will hopefully understand that "likely" implies that a person does not know for certain, but it is the logical assumption.

Based on what Peyton himself said, it IS the logical assumption, or the "LIKELY" thing to happen

also, once you do learn to comprehend what you read, you will hopefully understand that "likely" implies that a person does not know for certain, but it is the logical assumption.

Based on what Peyton himself said, it IS the logical assumption, or the "LIKELY" thing to happen

Why not just call me an illiterate fool? What you said is awful close to a personal insult, frankly, it is.

But I won't go that route, instead, I'll explain.

What Peyton or Irsay tells the media, or anyone bound by confidentiality, is a filtered version. Peyton is not your friend, he did not tell you this information in confidence. There is no rule/law stipulating full disclosure to the media/fans. The politics involved merits such flim-flam media fodder as pacification of the masses.

Simply put.....just because they say X doesn't mean that X is either the truth or in any way under their control. Remember the "information" we were fed prior to the start of the 2011 season? Were we all not horrified by the revelations that followed the "information" we were given. Information that seemed to contradict what was said?

I didnt realize that you had to be a neurosurgeon/orthopedic doctor in order to read or hear...but then again, i'm not sure where you're from...maybe those are the only ones who bother with such difficult tasks there?

I was referencing the load of medical prognosis being given by average joe's per this subject. In this thread and throughout every thread discussing Peyton's medical woes, people with no knowledge whatsoever of orthopedic medicine are parroting what they heard, often incorrectly. Which passes on faulty information....known as the rumor mill.

If he had suffered a blown knee/acl/mcl etc, then yeah, he would have to go check on that more frequently...but since the fusion has taken, he can judge for himself if his arm strength is improving or not, can he not? not trying to be a smarta** at all, just giving my .02

undrstood..

........but if he's getting better.....I just wish he'd tell us THAT..

undrstood..

uh, wait a second.

1) didnt peyton toss a for scripted balls a while back? medium length passes, a dozen or more??

didnt one of the catchers make the statement 'game ready balls'?????

its not too hard to read between the lines here-- game ready means wth zip, not girly-wounded ducks, no??

2) what about the nugget from peyton himself about that end of season physical???

didnt he say he thought he might pass it?

that the 'fail' was about getting access to the colts facility and staff???

he HAS told you!!!!!

undrstood..

The problem is, that anything that does get reported on his condition, no matter how many qualifiers are attached to it, will result in rampant speculation and everyone will read far more into whatever it is than is probably appropriate.

Might as well just not say anything until you actually have something concrete to report.

The problem is, that anything that does get reported on his condition, no matter how many qualifiers are attached to it, will result in rampant speculation and everyone will read far more into whatever it is than is probably appropriate.

Might as well just not say anything until you actually have something concrete to report.

Well said!

Also; Please replace your avatar. I swear Jeff is winking at me.

uh, wait a second.

1) didnt peyton toss a for scripted balls a while back? medium length passes, a dozen or more??

didnt one of the catchers make the statement 'game ready balls'?????

its not too hard to read between the lines here-- game ready means wth zip, not girly-wounded ducks, no??

2) what about the nugget from peyton himself about that end of season physical???

didnt he say he thought he might pass it?

that the 'fail' was about getting access to the colts facility and staff???

he HAS told you!!!!!

THIS.

If the season started tomorrow you can be certain Peyton Manning would be under center.

THIS.

If the season started tomorrow you can be certain Peyton Manning would be under center.

I doubt that.

he isn't ready.

The fact that we're hearing NOTHING is very concerning. it makes me believe he isn't much better.

If the team is considering trading him (if possible), you'd want the other teams "in the dark". (under the circumstaces.)

I would also think Peyton wants to keep his recovery a secret. It sure looks like it.

I doubt that.

he isn't ready.

The fact that we're hearing NOTHING is very concerning. it makes me believe he isn't much better.

If the team is considering trading him (if possible), you'd want the other teams "in the dark". (under the circumstaces.)

I would also think Peyton wants to keep his recovery a secret. It sure looks like it.

i gave two examples of SOMETHING we have read. did you miss manning saying he thought he might pass the physical???? addai saying 'game ready balls'?????

what sort of updates about any of the players injuries do we get?

manning is pretty much not tradeable for cap reasons, and competitive ones-- why would he want traded rather than just pick his own team? why handicap his new team by losing players/pix?

as far as 'secret, well, maybe you missed him talking about the subject he and polian were discussing when irsay called bill in for the axe--

i agree he would not play today, but he is on trcak to play day one of the next OTA's.....

i gave two examples of SOMETHING we have read. did you miss manning saying he thought he might pass the physical???? addai saying 'game ready balls'?????

what sort of updates about any of the players injuries do we get?

manning is pretty much not tradeable for cap reasons, and competitive ones-- why would he want traded rather than just pick his own team? why handicap his new team by losing players/pix?

as far as 'secret, well, maybe you missed him talking about the subject he and polian were discussing when irsay called bill in for the axe--

i agree he would not play today, but he is on trcak to play day one of the next OTA's.....

We'll see.