Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New schemes this week

WoolMagnet

Anyone think we'll se any dramatic change in scheme, play calling, or players on the field this week due to the recent drama? Or do you think, once again, the Colts will gontinue to "do what we do" , continue to "build the monster" and effectively change nothing?

I think, after recent events, what we see this week could start wheels in motion.

After reading Pep's comments in the Star, one would hope we would adopt the plan he used so well with Hasselback, and worked so well in the first half against Patriots. If you want to take the pressure off Andrew, get it out quick. Receivers are not getting separation, so deep ball is not working anyway. He needs to think West Coast and rolling him out, and then let that set up the down the field. The OL and Pep's playcalling have lead to Andrew going backward as far as development. He is hearing footsteps now, and I don't blame him!

It seems such a simple concept, and even though fans are usually wrong when they complain, this one is easy to spot what they should do.

Anyone think we'll se any dramatic change in scheme, play calling, or players on the field this week due to the recent drama? Or do you think, once again, the Colts will gontinue to "do what we do" , continue to "build the monster" and effectively change nothing?

I think, after recent events, what we see this week could start wheels in motion.

Same old, just a different week

After reading Pep's comments in the Star, one would hope we would adopt the plan he used so well with Hasselback, and worked so well in the first half against Patriots. If you want to take the pressure off Andrew, get it out quick. Receivers are not getting separation, so deep ball is not working anyway. He needs to think West Coast and rolling him out, and then let that set up the down the field. The OL and Pep's playcalling have lead to Andrew going backward as far as development. He is hearing footsteps now, and I don't blame him!

It seems such a simple concept, and even though fans are usually wrong when they complain, this one is easy to spot what they should do.

I agree with everything here, but if he heard footsteps, wouldn't he be getting rid of the ball quickly to avoid the rush he thinks he hears? Seems to me the problem is that he's holding on to the ball too long.

This team has yet to put a full 4 quarters of smart football together with Andrew Luck at the helm this year...

I will believe it when I see it... but I am not hopeful that anything will change this week.

Plus, I am hoping for an embarrassment so that it forces Irsay to make changes. Go into the bye week 3 and 6 and sit back and watch the heads roll.

If they're capable of changing, yes.  A lot of us have been waiting for something before week 8.

Take away the crucial turnovers and numerous penalties the Colts have committed since Week 1 v. Bills and it's a different ballgame. We could be very well 6-1 as opposed to 3-4. And yes, Andrew has not played very well. All of that aside, this season has been about not playing fundamental football as a team. It might just come down to making changes. However, the fact that I've stated cannot be dismissed. Be careful what you wish for. Sometimes simple problems cause huge dilemmas in the long run.