Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For Chuck and Ryan to Keep their Jobs......

ColtsBTM12

Who says it was a low ball offer?

I cant quote exact when/where I`ve read but its been on more than 1 occasion and I believe most assume that is why it was rejected by Pagano.  I guess low ball am also meaning the 1 year offer, not just the monetary value, its not something you`d expect from an organization thrilled with its coach before this season started. Maybe "low ball" wasn't the "proper" term for some here lol.. Again, IMO, this has been brewing for awhile

I cant quote exact when/where I`ve read but its been on more than 1 occasion and I believe most assume that is why it was rejected by Pagano.  I guess low ball am also meaning the 1 year offer, not just the monetary value, its not something you`d expect from an organization thrilled with its coach before this season started. Maybe "low ball" wasn't the "proper" term for some here lol.. Again, IMO, this has been brewing for awhile

Should the organization have been 'thrilled' with Pagano before the season started?

To me, low-balling implies that he deserved more than he was offered, and that can apply to value and length. I don't think he had earned a long term extension or a significant raise, so I don't think them offering him a one year extension with modest pay increase is low-balling. JMO, of course.

And that's not to say that I think he was bad or should have been fired. But he had 40 games under his belt, including the playoffs, and some really bad losses. There were legitimate questions about how good of a coach he actually was, whether he was the right guy for the long haul, etc. He chose to go lame duck.

In all honesty the panthers aren't great lol who the hell knows how they've been winning with cam playing the way he is..that being said with this play calling I have no faith in this team putting up points but this game will probably get someone fired now

(Finish the Sentence)

Jim Irsay would have to break his sobriety and go on a binder...

In all seriousness... It would take a lot of drugs and alcohol....

Actually, I am not sure there is any way both of them could keep their jobs.  I think its going to be one or the other at this point.  I kind of want to see what Pagano can do given total control... but then again I kind of want the entire staff to be blown up, to include Grigsy, and the reset button pushed all around...