Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dolphins fire Head Coach Philbin (No not Regis:))

BrentMc11

So much for the "vote of confidence"/kiss of death from the fins owner eh Philbin...Actually, if I was cutting the checks inside that organization, I'd be more upset with Suh who signed that huge deal, played like crap, & refused to answer any questions. 

I do not like the concept either.  They are, however in total disarray.  

Yep, that franchise is in total chaos right now. They go from the Incognito problem to wishing the whole organization could disappear. I used to think Cleveland would always be in the basement & now I will have to switch my bottom of the barrel pick to Miami. This club always hires lousy HCs: Dave Wannstedt, Nick Saban, Tony Sparano...With the exception of Don Shula, the train wreck trend of incompetence continues...

I did not agree with this hiring from the beginning. 

He only got there cause of that 15-1 season Green Bay, and we all know how that ended for them. 

Miami is never going to be a competitive team as long as they continue to manage it the way they have. They were not even all that great last year, I do not know why the hype began over them after they shut out San Diego (which isn't that remarkable; San Diego is an average team) 

NE got the best out of Miami with WR Wes Welker back in the day. I can't wait until NE faces Miami. The score will be like 55 to 3. LOL! The Patriots will probably steamroll INDY too. Just remember: Not every Colts fan despises your organization. We may dislike losing to your club, but we all know how darn talented that squad is. Hades, NE looks more lethal than last year & Halloween hasn't even arrived yet. 

Does Foxboro look at Miami like a family night scrimmage game? Like a world champion boxer views a weakling to knock around for fun? I sure would like a big brother harassing the toddler in the AFC East.  

NE got the best out of Miami with WR Wes Welker back in the day. I can't wait until NE faces Miami. The score will be like 55 to 3. LOL! The Patriots will probably steamroll INDY too. Just remember: Not every Colts fan despises your organization. We may dislike losing to your club, but we all know how darn talented that squad is. Hades, NE looks more lethal than last year & Halloween hasn't even arrived yet. 

Does Foxboro look at Miami like a family night scrimmage game? Like a world champion boxer views a weakling to knock around for fun? I sure would like a big brother harassing the toddler in the AFC East.  

I'm thankful the Saints don't play New England. We normally play them very close and then lose in stingers at the end. I'd rather get blown out than deal with a close loss that is heart breaking, since the close ones keep you up at night analyzing it over and over again. 

I did not agree with this hiring from the beginning. 

He only got there cause of that 15-1 season Green Bay, and we all know how that ended for them. 

Miami is never going to be a competitive team as long as they continue to manage it the way they have. They were not even all that great last year, I do not know why the hype began over them after they shut out San Diego (which isn't that remarkable; San Diego is an average team) 

You are 100% right Bogie concerning what I bolded in black. I like Philip Rivers though & Danny Woodhead in CA so I will have to disagree with you slightly on your last point my friend. Joe was only hired in Florida because no top tier coach with touch that vacancy with a 100 ft. pole. The Dolphins, the Redskins, & the Cowboys are too consumed with signing big name splash players, which is why they will always be lackluster almost every season with a high round draft pick. 

You are 100% right Bogie concerning what I bolded in black. I like Philip Rivers though & Danny Woodhead in CA so I will have to disagree with you slightly on your last point my friend. Joe was only hired in Florida because no top tier coach with touch that vacancy with a 100 ft. pole. The Dolphins, the Redskins, & the Cowboys are too consumed with signing big name splash players, which is why they will always be lackluster almost every season with a high round draft pick. 

I actually adore San Diego. They gave my team Drew Brees, and this might be his final year, so I have to give them my thanks for the player that brought a Super Bowl to the Bayou.  :hat:

Yesterday San Diego nearly lost to Cleveland. That team would easily be 0-4 right now had Cleveland not made mistakes early on, and if the stupid Lions could actually finish a game with a big lead. 

They have no defense. When the Broncos come in, I expect that to be Manning's good game where they shoot up big numbers. 

Maybe if you would take the same attitude with New England as you do with the Cowboys you might not like the Patriots as much? haha  :dunno:

I'm thankful the Saints don't play New England. We normally play them very close and then lose in stingers at the end. I'd rather get blown out than deal with a close loss that is heart breaking, since the close ones keep you up at night analyzing it over and over again. 

Off topic slightly: Bogie, I was very pleased with your Saints last night. Sean Payton never abandoned the running game, CJ Spiller made me so happy when he crushed the heart of the Cowboys, & when your defense wasn't given that fumble on the goal line I was livid man. It all worked out well in the end though. I'm as giddy as a school boy whenever Dallas loses. Thank you Ingram, Brees, & Spiller. You made my night man.  :thmup:

Yeah, any squad that won't see the Patriots in the regular season this year is very lucky indeed. 

Maybe if you would take the same attitude with New England as you do with the Cowboys you might not like the Patriots as much? haha  :dunno:

LOL! Yes, I know I probably infuriate my Colts brethren whenever I complement Tom Brady's 2 minute surgical precision, Bill Belichick's ability to adapt in games, or that organization's knack for landing the coveted free agent no one else can land. I get that. I do deserve some credit for claiming that Brady knew more than he is telling with deflate gate though. I tend to respect consistency & longevity whenever I see it, which is why it kills me to admit that Dez Bryant is talented because every fiber in my body is inclined to reject that reality like an involuntary reflex. Translation: Even if I deplore a player, a team, or an owner if you pulverize my club on the field I never deny the obvious even if it kills me. SW1 has always been that way. 

I actually adore San Diego. They gave my team Drew Brees, and this might be his final year, so I have to give them my thanks for the player that brought a Super Bowl to the Bayou.  :hat:

Yesterday San Diego nearly lost to Cleveland. That team would easily be 0-4 right now had Cleveland not made mistakes early on, and if the stupid Lions could actually finish a game with a big lead. 

They have no defense. When the Broncos come in, I expect that to be Manning's good game where they shoot up big numbers. 

A very well written post Bogie. I can't refute a word of it. Ah huh, Drew Brees is still the man in New Orleans. The dude is just unflappable. He pained thru pain, never lost his cool, & slammed the door shut on Jerry Jones's organization in record time flat. Plus, I like vertically challenged QBs that continue to kick caboose & take down names even during a franchise rebuilding phase. 

Yes, if Phillip had a defense, he'd give Denver some serious nightmares.  Plus, the Chargers have the best retro uniforms in the NFL. I love those powder blue colors probably because it reminds me of water in the Mediterranean Sea, but that's another story for another thread. 

Any idea who's going to take over as HC there?

Don't remember his name, but the TE coach was named interim coach. The only way firing a coach mid season makes any sense is if you think you have a good head coach as an assistant already on the team. Hard to see a guy going from TE coach to head coach overnight being successful though.

Don't remember his name, but the TE coach was named interim coach. The only way firing a coach mid season makes any sense is if you think you have a good head coach as an assistant already on the team. Hard to see a guy going from TE coach to head coach overnight being successful though.

That's the thing. . . it appears to just be an emotional reaction out of anger rather then a thought out change of direction.  

I don't know how they think moving their TE coach to interim head coach is going to change a thing.

Only Yoda or little Yoda ( Eli ) stops NE :)

Any idea who's going to take over as HC there?

Assistant Dan Campbell.  He has been with the Phins since 2011.  He was kept by Philbin When Philbin got the job.

He said his players do not practice hard enough and he is going to get them ready for game day.

That's the thing. . . it appears to just be an emotional reaction out of anger rather then a thought out change of direction.  

I don't know how they think moving their TE coach to interim head coach is going to change a thing.

It is like:  "We came to England for this "Stuff?"

It is like:  "We came to England for this "Stuff?"

I do feel bad for British & European citizens abroad. Although the Jets dominated the game yesterday, I often wonder if foreigners overseas think: If the NFL adheres to professionalism & the cream of the crop as the bedrock principle of your sport, then why does one team like an amateur while the other one slices their adversaries up like a buzzsaw? Suh was paid $60 million in guaranteed money & his presence didn't decide the outcome of that game at all. 

Drop the ho hoes & stay away from the gentlemen's clubs Ndamukong. Just saying...

The season isn't going nearly as planned for the Dolphins. I don't think firing the coach changes anything though.

Precisely QB, why Philbin wasn't dismissed after their locker room hazing scandal is beyond me. But yeah, a new name in the big chair right now spells an epic implosion. 

The 1 thing I respect about the Texans HC is that Bill O'Brien took complete responsibility for Houston's record right now. I really respect that. Joe Philbin reminds me of a guy on the Titanic who complements the chef as people are drowning around him in ice cold waters. Are you going eat that? Thanks." Totally oblivious to the circumstances around him or his role in creating this debacle. 

Joe didn't even get Bill Parcells quote right last night. "You are what your record says you are." That's the actual quote sir. SMH. 

Off topic slightly: Bogie, I was very pleased with your Saints last night. Sean Payton never abandoned the running game, CJ Spiller made me so happy when he crushed the heart of the Cowboys, & when your defense wasn't given that fumble on the goal line I was livid man. It all worked out well in the end though. I'm as giddy as a school boy whenever Dallas loses. Thank you Ingram, Brees, & Spiller. You made my night man.  :thmup:

Yeah, any squad that won't see the Patriots in the regular season this year is very lucky indeed. 

Oh boy, last night was so much fun. I wanted to do a cart wheel when Spiller took off for that run. 

That's the Saints I have missed the past 2 years. That final drive down the field, and then in OT, that was so much fun. 

Games like that in N.O. are so much fun. I wish I could have been there last night when that stadium went insane over the Spiller run. I know there was some partying down Borbon street. 

I've said it before and will again. He's Albert Haynesworth 2.0

Good comparison LIA. Yes, when both Suh & Albert get into trouble & their team starts to lose miserably then engage in what I call underhanded symbolic, bite the Evander Holyfield ear off of their opponent by any means necessary. I'm still ticked off at Suh for stepping on Aaron Rogers leg not once but twice. Real leaders lose with class & dignity. 

Both dudes are dirty as hades. I have zero tolerance for that ever. 

I do feel bad for British & European citizens abroad. Although the Jets dominated the game yesterday, I often wonder if foreigners overseas think: If the NFL adheres to professionalism & the cream of the crop as the bedrock principle of your sport, then why does one team like an amateur while the other one slices their adversaries up like a buzzsaw? Suh was paid $60 million in guaranteed money & his presence didn't decide the outcome of that game at all. 

Drop the ho hoes & stay away from the gentlemen's clubs Ndamukong. Just saying...

:funny:  :funny:

Oh boy, last night was so much fun. I wanted to do a cart wheel when Spiller took off for that run. 

That's the Saints I have missed the past 2 years. That final drive down the field, and then in OT, that was so much fun. 

Games like that in N.O. are so much fun. I wish I could have been there last night when that stadium went insane over the Spiller run. I know there was some partying down Borbon street. 

Yeah, I got this huge cheshire cat diabolical grin on my face when Spiller pulled away from that Dallas defender. It was a thing of beauty man. I loved every second of it. Sean Payton will return the Bayou back to greatness. He's too darn smart not too Bogie. New Orleans is a spectacular city. I love the heartbeat of jazz & trust me Bogie & Cs4 your team will rise to prominence & glory again. 

I was like. "You're still gonna lose Dallas. You gave Brees way too much time" & the HOF Boiler Maker didn't let me down. I was so ecstatic man.  "How bout them Cowboys Jerry!" [sW1 evil cackle booming laughter]. 

Good comparison LIA. Yes, when both Suh & Albert get into trouble & their team starts to lose miserably then engage in what I call underhanded symbolic, bite the Evander Holyfield ear off of their opponent by any means necessary. I'm still ticked off at Suh for stepping on Aaron Rogers leg not once but twice. Real leaders lose with class & dignity. 

Both dudes are dirty as hades. I have zero tolerance for that ever. 

Yes it is bad form.  There is a fine line between aggression.  I love big hits and such like everyone else.  Being dirty is not in MY playbook.  Hit and wrap baby!!!!!!!!!

:funny:  :funny:

Yeah, I'm very passionate in which teams I revere & which teams I really don't care for. All my friends possess the same quality: What you see is what you get & we sugarcoat nothing.  :P

Yes it is bad form.  There is a fine line between aggression.  I love big hits and such like everyone else.  Being dirty is not in MY playbook.  Hit and wrap baby!!!!!!!!!

Beautifully stated Brent. I don't care if a team I like is losing 40-8. Just keeping fighting, but don't act childish or insanely stupid. Well said. I lost all respect for Suh when he kicked Matt Schaub in the family jewels. As soon as you do that, I will never ever cut you slack again or forgive you. 

Bogie, 

I actually want the Superdome to be feared again. The NFL is a better product when the Saints demolish rivals at home. I'm amazed that your fan base is so devoted & strong since your last Championship in 2009. It's pretty cool that the fans are so steadfast & true. I hope Rob Ryan has a solid year as a DC too because I don't wanna see him dismissed. Plus, that look alike clone of Rob in the stands is hilarious! 

Brandon Browner was making plays too. I think he will be okay as long as he continues to see your franchise accumulate talent every year. He's used to winning rings in close proximity. He just needs to be patient. 

I think Colts Sense is a huge Saints fan as well. Sorry that I neglected to mention him before along with Bogie & Cs4. My bad. 

rob-ryan-sean-payton-costumes.png?resize