Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can't help but feel sorry for Browns fans

RockThatBlue

Its unreal a franchise can be so inept for that long. They are still sticking with McCown even though when Manziel played he won. Sure Manziel wasn't perfect but he was better than McCown and has more potential. Theres a report that browns players are ticked off about Manziel not starting and can't say I blame them. Amazing and sad that a franchise can keep making dumb decision after dumb decision year after year. I've been harsh on Manziel but not letting him have a chance is stupid. You need to see what Manziel has eventually.

http://www.mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25321339/report-browns-players-think-its-f---ed-up-johnny-manziel-isnt-starting

Its unreal a franchise can be so inept for that long. They are still sticking with McCown even though when Manziel played he won. Sure Manziel wasn't perfect but he was better than McCown and has more potential. Theres a report that browns players are ticked off about Manziel not starting and can't say I blame them. Amazing and sad that a franchise can keep making dumb decision after dumb decision year after year. I've been harsh on Manziel but not letting him have a chance is stupid. You need to see what Manziel has eventually.

http://www.mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25321339/report-browns-players-think-its-f---ed-up-johnny-manziel-isnt-starting

I dont....they fleeced us and gave us TRich...Though if they give us Alex Mack for a 7th.....it would all be made up for.

I was shocked that they went back to McCown as well.

At some point you have to see of Manziel can be your guy.  Are you seriously just going to have McCown play all season and go into another offseason not knowing who your QB is?  Sure you will have Manziel still but you will have no clue who he is.  McCown is a pedestrian QB at best and is not going to win anything in this league.

You might as well just see what you have so you at least know if you need to move on from Manziel before you go into the offseason.

As a Colts fan I love it as that is one less AFC team I ever have to worry about.

Manziel is a 1st round pick and they need to see if heʻs theyʻre future QB...not play a veteran has been who had a lot of chances with multiple teams...no wonder theyʻve been a bottom feeders for so long...only good thing they did was rip off a 1st rd pick from the Colts by unloading that waste of space T-RICH

Is probably because pettine would like to run an actual offense and not back yard plays drawn up in the dirt. In no way has Manziel been better than mccown. Pay attention to the performance, not the final score.

Yeah, Manziel is good for like a 60 yard TD bomb and maybe a few exciting scrambles per game.  But other than that, he's very mediocre, from what I've read

I'm starting to think that this franchise will never get turned around. Sad really. A potent defense & a lackluster offense. The more things change with new regimes; the more things remain the same. 

Even the Raiders are improving now while the Browns just like rust never seem to shine. If Bill Belichick couldn't fix this organization, no one can. 

He doesn't run the plays as called from some reports.

If that's true & I'm not doubting you Jvan, Manziel isn't being smart at all. No coach wants their QB to freelance plays & deviate from the call sheet unless they have won a couple of division titles at a bare minimum. 

If a QB can't follow directions, no HC is going to put their job on the line for any "I did it my way" shenanigans. I agree 100%

He's more disciplined.  I'd rather go with a less talented guy who works hard and is disciplined than a guy who tends to do his own thing.  At least I know what I'm getting with the first guy

fair enough.  i still think JM gives the browns the best chance to win though. 

that could be very wrong too

fair enough.  i still think JM gives the browns the best chance to win though. 

that could be very wrong too

Fans love hope...Manziel has done nothing but folks feel that once they've seen a guy play 9 or 10 games, that they KNOW what he can doand they cant hope for more.

If you haven't seen someone play regularly or of you can create a scenario where he 'hasn't gotten a fair chance', you can max out on hope.

Everybdoy loves the backup until he plays regularly. When McCown played behind Jay Cutler, folks loved him.

Fans love hope...Manziel has done nothing but folks feel that once they've seen a guy play 9 or 10 games, that they KNOW what he can doand they cant hope for more.

If you haven't seen someone play regularly or of you can create a scenario where he 'hasn't gotten a fair chance', you can max out on hope.

Everybdoy loves the backup until he plays regularly. When McCown played behind Jay Cutler, folks loved him.

time to see what they have.  they drafted him so why not use him?  he has arm talent and he can move.  theres also the fact that mccown isnt winning very much himself

JM could be half decent if he learns the pro game well enough.  if they had an established starter things would be different

Manziel isn't ready, that's why not. The plan all along was to have him sit last year until he was ready, unfortunately for everyone involved, Manziel would have rather done drugs and drank every night rather than play football. The bottom line is that he completed only 53% of his passes, fumbled 4 times in two games and threw an INT, McCown got ALL of the first team reps the entire off season and had more passing yeards in one game than Manziel had in two.

I think Manziel can play in this league, but I don't blame the coaching staff for A) not wanting to put him in there when he isn't ready and B) risk going 2-14 and getting fired for a guy who was more concerned with coke and booze than studying his playbook. I just went and looked and he actually took all of those photos down the "I guess you can't study and party" photo off his instagram. 

From what I see, from what the coaches and players who destroyed him last year (Joe Thomas), Manziel has done a complete 180 and football is his life now. That doesn't change the fact that he was a completed horses butt all of last season. This isn't about Manziel though.....NO, Manziel might turn out to be the best part....the Browns losing isn't about Manziel.

The Browns losing is about this.

1 - Barkevious Mingo - if he were a 4th round pick he would be off the team by now. Never gained any weight, soft as a babies bottom, can't even set the edge in year 3 much less get any pressure on the QB.

1a - Justin GIlbert - inactive for almost the entirety of his NFL career.

1b - Johnny Manziel - Bench - shows hope, but lost an entire season.

1a - Danny Shelton - Pretty solid, can't complain, our run defense up the middle isn't the problem, it's on the edges.

1b - Cam Erving - backup O-lineman.

5 first round picks in 3 years and we are getting a decent Nose Tackle out of it. We have the worst, by far offensive weapons in the entire NFL. We have no offensive identity. We want to be a power run team, yet we have 3 elite pass blockers on our O-line, with bad QB and ZERO WR threats. 

That is the real problem with the Browns. Not Josh McCown. Throwing Manziel out there "just because" is asinine. If he's not ready, there is no reason to put him out there with this horrendous offense to get killed.