Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The "Colts play in the AFC South" excuse [Merge]

IcyRhythms

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the post in this thread make me laugh. So many people are so quick to write the colts and the AFC south off.

Well to be fair, it's true. Look at the other divisions. AFC Esst first seed is 9-0. AFC West and North leaders are 8-2. Colts a .500. Honestly, put the Colts in another division and we might not even be a wild card team this year.

Well to be fair, it's true. Look at the other divisions. AFC Esst first seed is 9-0. AFC West and North leaders are 8-2. Colts a .500. Honestly, put the Colts in another division and we might not even be a wild card team this year.

s

If you are going to judge teams on their records, at least do it after week 17.....

FOR YEARS we've all seen this. Some may agree with it and some don't. I'm in the don't camp. Stop pretending as if any of you know what it takes to win in the NFL. Every player in the NFL is the best in the world at what they do. There are far more players that never make it to the NFL than those lucky handful that do. Do I know what it takes to win in the NFL? No, but I've heard coach after coach and player after player say(as long as I can remember and have been watching football)how hard it is to win every week. It doesn't matter the team. We see it all the time. The best thing about football is the level of competition. The better team doesn't always win because the opposing team had a better gameplan that day and was able to execute. These are professional players on the best platform and stage they can play on, the NFL. I know many of us like to think(and I've been guilty of this myself)that a lot of the division games and other "average/below average" teams are a locked win, but that's never the case. I know that every week the coaching staff busts their butts to make sure they have a gameplan for everything about to come their way, offensively or defensively. 

"The Colts play in the AFC South that's easy wins every year" herp derp

It's not getting old. It IS old.

Blind gar----bage! These teams have not had good QB`s. A killer in the NFL.  GOAT Manning rolled over them and was .500 or less in the playoffs. 7 one and dones.

Some stick their head in the sand and some don`t.

I think the AFC south has the hardest Schedule this year outside of having to play your own div. We play A pretty tough AFC East, and a surprisingly rough NFC South. Arguments could be made they are the two best divs in the NFL; they have the two undefeated teams so they hand out some 6 loses to our div right there, even TB and NO in the South can beat some decent teams, Buf and NYJ have top ten defence's. Indy isn't getting blown out either. Aside from the Giants we gave NE the best challenge, we hung with CAR. Hou, Jax, and even Ten have some crazy talent now.

I would not be surprised if we're the best Div next year with all the young talent in this div. the AFC South may even have the best future in QB's. Right now I think the NFC south with Newton, Ryan, Bres, and Winston is looking good.