Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peter King At Mmqb Says The Colts Will Have To Score 40 A Game

Johnhenry

Again,   find me a "we"  and I acknowledge what you say,  unless there's an explanation for it,  and that's what I'd expect.

sports articles dont get any more biased than the one that i linked.  i dont get the peter king love at all, the guy is a blatant pats fan and colts hater

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's a Patriots admirer.    And there's good reason.    I don't think you -- or many people here -- realize and appreciate how good the New England Patriots under Bill Belichick are.     Seriously.

This is true, as is the rest of your post about King. However, I do think he's partial to the Patriots.

And that being said, I don't know that his feelings about the Patriots have anything to do with this latest comment from him about the Colts. 

Anderson was considered a 1st round talent to a 3-4 1 gap defense. guess what,...we are now.  Anderson > Brown in this scheme. So IMO perfect for the new scheme., we justified our DL pick.

Obviously Parry fits this new scheme WAY better than any other NT we have....so another plus.

Langford is top notch DE in a 3-4, showed this in Miami, was a solid starter in a 4-3 with the Rams till they used a 1st round 'BPA'. So a steal for the Colts and another big fat +.

The new ILB's Moore and Irving are fast, heavy hitters.

Walden has shown to be getting better and better the more he plays.

Mathis didn't play last year,....enough said about that.

Cole is a solid all around OLB...good FA pick-up.

This brand new look front 7 has A LOT of potential, they just have not had time on the field together.  and playing a completely different scheme.  They have to prove themselves yes, but why does Indy fans think we are doomed?...I get why the reporters say it, they have to write something, and they don't know what is what, they just know the starters LAST year were less than  impressive, and they are gone now.  So to them, this new group MUST be worse.

But come on guys,...use your brains for once and realize there is a change of guard here, yes, we may be bad,...But there is a lot of reason to be optimistic.

All of those are fair points, and I agree. I'm not going to say the Colts D will "shock" anyone this season, they're not a top 5 unit, but I feel like they're going to be much better than a lot of people are predicting. Saying that they'll need to score 40 points per game is laughable.

here is one recent example in the first sentence of the article.  there are countless others

http://rebrn.com/re/peter-king-patriots-should-attempt-to-get-draft-picks-back-752984/

That doesn't look like a Peter King column.

Find one from his Monday Morning Quarterback column.

As you say,  there are countless others.

That webpage looks like a scam.

All of those are fair points, and I agree. I'm not going to say the Colts D will "shock" anyone this season, they're not a top 5 unit, but I feel like they're going to be much better than a lot of people are predicting. Saying that they'll need to score 40 points per game is laughable.

I disagree. Every preseason we here things like that and then we still fight the same problems every year. Can't stop the run, missed tackles... 

It's hyperbole to make a point.

King is NOT a fan of our defense.     Does that make him much different than a large number of fans who post on this website?

No, it doesn't. But, while I wouldn't say it so bluntly to a member of this forum, I would think very little of any comment saying that the Colts will have to score 40 points a game. 

it wont take 40 points to win. if you look at our schedule, most of our opponents dont have the offense to put up 40.  we might have to score 30+ to beat denver and new england

Problem is, will our offense have enough opportunities to score 30+. Denver and NE will kill us on time of possession with short passing plays and most likely run the ball right down our throats! 

No, it doesn't. But, while I wouldn't say it so bluntly to a member of this forum, I would think very little of any comment saying that the Colts will have to score 40 points a game.

Depends on who we're playing. You might have to score 40 against the Steelers. The offense will be hard to slow down. But we will not be on the ropes against other teams.