Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boom Herron Waived/injured

backshoulderfade

Jesus, would you shut up?

you need to stop being negative

I think you actually need to let it go.

"Let it go" he says while posting his 300th post bashing Ballard.

It's a "What have you done lately?" League & none of you can give a legit reason based of production lately why Ballard should be on this roster right now. He's finished. An injury waiting to happen every time he touches the ball

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's saying a lot.

I don't think so. Stuff that happens like not going for it on 4th down happens within the context of a game. So many other things affect how good that decision may be, like how the defense plays. Here he just put a player on KR in a meaningless game when there was no need and he got injured. That's all there is to it.

Edit: Sorry I misread your post.

In my opinion our elusive backs (Brown, Bradshaw, Boom) have all had better success behind our line compared to our power backs. But then again, our power backs haven't exactly been that great, either haha. Gore looked good in limited action so far, but we'll see how the run game looks next week, I guess.

I agree we will see with time how the running game will pan out this year. I guess I don't consider Bradshaw an elusive back I saw him as a power back along with others. Boom I thought was somewhat overrated a good back, but not as good as some saw him. Brown had flashes, but I was never impressed with him. The power backs in the past include Richardson and Tipton, both of which do not have good enough vision to find the right hole. I think Gore, Robinson, Ballard, and Varga will be much better in that regard.

It's a "What have you done lately?" League & none of you can give a legit reason based of production lately why Ballard should be on this roster right now. He's finished. An injury waiting to happen every time he touches the ball

Are you Skip Bayless? That is exactly what he says. haha, just playin.

He's obviously done something lately enough to earn a spot on this roster for now. So objectively, you are in fact wrong.

so you trust a 6th round pick and a undrafted rookie to back up gore more then ballard

He's obviously done something lately enough to earn a spot on this roster for now. So objectively, you are in fact wrong.

2 good runs

Multiple fails in shirt yardage situations (as Mod MTC pointed out in the game day chat on Thursday )

And a bad hamstring

Well, by those standards, I think the whole forum should be a RB for the Colts

2 good runs

Multiple fails in shirt yardage situations (as Mod MTC pointed out in the game day chat on Thursday )

And a bad hamstring

Well, by those standards, I think the whole forum should be a RB for the Colts

Behind that 2nd string O-Line you can only do so much. He was being met behind the line on the short yardage situations.

Some forum members wanted I think it's a RB from Philly named Mortest or something like that. If he's a RB, maybe Grigson gets him?

I think you are alluding to Raheem Mostert out of Purdue.  He is in fact very quick and seemed to have a good pre-season in Philly.  Unfortunately, he was never in their plans since they have 2 or 3 starting RB's on that team.  I have no idea what Chip Kelly is doing there.  And you people have reservations about Grigs!  LOL

Anyway, it appears Mostert cleared waivers and went to the Eagles P.S.  I guess he can still be plucked from there though.

I dislike Skip but that is the truth haha

The league is a "What have you done lately?"

That is true for the most part, but you also have to balance that with the upside and potential of a player as well. I think Ballard once he gets his wheels back underneath him will be a solid back. I wouldn't give up on him just yet, but that is JMO what do I know?

Behind that 2nd string O-Line you can only do so much. He was being met behind the line on the short yardage situations.

That's true. But Varga (Remember that spin move turned long run?) Met people in the backfield & got stonewalled at times. They fight through contact. Robinson does the same

I think you are alluding to Raheem Mostert out of Purdue.  He is in fact very quick and seemed to have a good pre-season in Philly.  Unfortunately, he was never in their plans since they have 2 or 3 starting RB's on that team.  I have no idea what Chip Kelly is doing there.  And you people have reservations about Grigs!  LOL

Yeah he just signed on Philly's PS.

That is true for the most part, but you also have to balance that with the upside and potential of a player as well. I think Ballard once he gets his wheels back underneath him will be a solid back. I wouldn't give up on him just yet, but that is JMO what do I know?

I'm not taking anything from Ballard . His rookie year was great. Problem I have is, why do we have to sit here and wonder if he'll ever get back to that form when there's players out there with more durability & upside?

It's like Werner, so many people defend him saying he's always hurt. So you have to ask..... will he ever not be hurt? Will we ever see the healthy Werner?

I agree with you 100% TK. Fans will be fans and be stuck in the past about what Ballard has done, and just block out the real facts that would suggest he should not be on this roster.

That's true. But Varga (Remember that spin move turned long run?) Met people in the backfield & got stonewalled at times. They fight through contact. Robinson does the same

Valid point. I will have to rewatch the game, but if I remember right on the short yardage situations they were stacking the box against Ballard so he was getting met in the backfield by 2-3 players. I don't think it was quite the same with Varga. I may be wrong though as I will have to rewatch the game.

What game were you watching? I saw starters on the OL and Hasselbeck, not 3rd stringers and Bennett.

All the starters on the O-Line were not playing in the game only a few were.

Edit: and it was only for the first 2 drives I believe. Then all the backups came in. I am going to rewatch the game and take some notes. I may be wrong, but I will correct myself then.

I think you are alluding to Raheem Mostert out of Purdue. He is in fact very quick and seemed to have a good pre-season in Philly. Unfortunately, he was never in their plans since they have 2 or 3 starting RB's on that team. I have no idea what Chip Kelly is doing there. And you people have reservations about Grigs! LOL

Anyway, it appears Mostert cleared waivers and went to the Eagles P.S. I guess he can still be plucked from there though.

Thank You, was hoping someone knew who I was talking about. And yeah Chip has made a very "unique" roster lol

Wonder why Herrera was waived? Even with the signing of Moore I thought he was good enough for the 53. He should definitely be on the practice squad though.

Too many ILB's. If he could play OLB he'd take Werner's spot

Think we have like 5 ILB's right now even with Herrera cut

I'm not taking anything from Ballard . His rookie year was great. Problem I have is, why do we have to sit here and wonder if he'll ever get back to that form when there's players out there with more durability & upside?

It's like Werner, so many people defend him saying he's always hurt. So you have to ask..... will he ever not be hurt? Will we ever see the healthy Werner?

Difference between the two you have mentioned is that Ballard has actually shown he can play in the league. Werner hasn't even shown jack, he can't even produce against 2nd and 3rd stringers. He is a waste of a roster spot IMO.

Too many ILB's. If he could play OLB he'd take Werner's spot

Think we have like 5 ILB's right now even with Herrera cut

I would have to agree.  We are stacked at LB now with Irving coming back and Moore now in the fold.  Unless guys start going down I think it's one of the Colts strongest units.

Difference between the two you have mentioned is that Ballard has actually shown he can play in the league. Werner hasn't even shown jack, he can't even produce against 2nd and 3rd stringers. He is a waste of a roster spot IMO.

Yet he's still on the roster. Honestly at this point I believe an UDFA can out produce Werner

He'd be gone but the 2 LB's who outperformed him (Sylvester & Herrera) play ILB and/or are now injured

It could be the same situation that the Broncos had with Demarius Thomas. He was a 2011 2nd round pick who didn't produce until the 2013 season because of injuries. Brian Cushing is also in the same boat.

Varga isn't the problem for Ballard though. It's Robinson because he came from the same school and coaching but might have a higher ceiling.

This is really easy to flip around on you.

You trust a injured player, who has had 2 straight devastating injuries to back up Gore more then 2 healthy young rookies who have impressed in pre-season play?

impressing against scrubs. real good endorsement