Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Film Room: Tape Don't Lie

TKnight24

from the article

Broncos pass rusher DeMarcus Ware, 3rd in active sacks behind Jared Allen and John Abraham, told NFL Network this in June, when asked who the toughest quarterback is to face:

"I think the toughest quarterback that guys are facing is probably Andrew Luck," Ware said. "He's one of those guys where usually a quarterback will try to scramble out of the pocket. He doesn't. He scrambles into the pocket. And so he'll let guys corral and get outside of him, but he'll go into the pocket and throw a javelin. So he's one of those guys who's hard to defend."

I didn't know Sorgi had such a deep voice haha.  While Luck played well and has good field awareness, I think we should also give credit to the OL in that Broncos game.  From what I recall, they played really well

Yep. I am glad the OL came together towards the end of the season. Hopefully they take those positives into the current season.

That is the reason the Patriots did not focus on pass rush and more on coverage knowing that their strength is their secondary. Belichick always forced the QB to beat the Patriots by running the ball or running the QB. Luck will get that aspect soon. This year will be easier versus the Pats' secondary and Belichick may not have the horses to play coverage and may choose to put his eggs more in the pass rush basket.

I didn't know Sorgi had such a deep voice haha.  While Luck played well and has good field awareness, I think we should also give credit to the OL in that Broncos game.  From what I recall, they played really well

Good point 21. As much as I have been critical of OL protection in the past, I need to praise them when they execute well. Thanks for the keen observation. We did play an incredible game against the Broncos. No disrespect to future HOF lock Peyton Manning naturally. 

Yep. I am glad the OL came together towards the end of the season. Hopefully they take those positives into the current season.

That is the reason the Patriots did not focus on pass rush and more on coverage knowing that their strength is their secondary. Belichick always forced the QB to beat the Patriots by running the ball or running the QB. Luck will get that aspect soon. This year will be easier versus the Pats' secondary and Belichick may not have the horses to play coverage and may choose to put his eggs more in the pass rush basket.

None of that will matter if the D can't stop their 3rd string RB

I pray you are right Chad. I wanna see this come to fruition, but I just don't want to jinx my beloved Colts. NE is always tough & Pittsburgh is no cake walk either. Only 1 way to go but up against NE. Being blown off the field by Foxboro can't last forever right? I have to joke about it, because it's how I cope with stumbling blocks. Sooner or later, INDY has to crack the hoodie code. 

Best pass blocking they displayed all season

Best pass blocking they displayed all season

Maybe we should hypnotize the entire team to think we are playing the Cincinnati Bengals for 16-20 weeks since the Colts always seem to dominate that club whenever we play them. Just a thought. Just messin' around.

It's not hard to see why Luck was voted #7 in the top 100: He gets so much respect from other players which is almost the entire premise of the show. He's the ultimate QB:

-Dangerous arm strength and not afraid to use it

-Underrated athlete who can beat you with his legs

-Big tough guy that doesn't go down easy and can take a hit, and even throw while taking one.

-Stands tall against pressure in the pocket. This coupled with the previous point makes blitzing him useless at times

-Cerebral QB whose only real enemy is himself.

I think that's what Ware is getting at. He may not be the best QB in the league yet, but he's probably the hardest to defend. Not trying to be a homer but Andrew Luck is the only person who can stop Andrew Luck.