Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delanie Walker says Titans should be a great team

RockThatBlue

Because the goal of going .500 is the mark of a great team.... lol

Winning six games more than the year before with a rookie franchise QB is definitely a great sign.

Titans will be our biggest competition for years to come.

Because the goal of going .500 is the mark of a great team.... lol

I agree the Titans were good in 1999 under Steve McNair & 2006 under Vince Young since then Tennessee has basically been irrelevant. I will acknowledge that a quick QB turnaround is possible since INDY did it in 2012 with Luck & I've always respected DC Dick LeBeau.

But let's not get too ahead of ourselves here Mr. Walker okay. Talk is cheap. Prove it on the field 1st & then we'll talk alright.  

Their offensive line needs to step up. The Titans have invested a lot resources into that part of the team and need to start reaping the rewards.

I just hope INDY's offensive line steps up this year because it has to if the Colts wanna take it to the next notch on the playoffs level. I'm tired of losing in the trenches BOTT. Sigh...

Like Pagano said, if I don't get it fixed somebody else will be & Irsay better not sign Chuck to a longterm contract extension until we see an ability to run the ball effectively in December too. 

I just hope INDY's offensive line steps up this year because it has to if the Colts wanna take it to the next notch on the playoffs level. I'm tired of losing in the trenches BOTT. Sigh...

Like Pagano said, if I don't get it fixed somebody else will be & Irsay better not sign Chuck to a longterm contract extension until we see an ability to run the ball effectively in December too. 

It's been four years since we brought Grigson and Pagano here. If we can't show any sign of improvement in our lines ability to be able to run the ball and somewhat protect Luck, well our SB chances will run dry once again and I really do think we will at least have a new HC in Indianapolis in 2016.

It's been four years since we brought Grigson and Pagano here. If we can't show any sign of improvement in our lines ability to be able to run the ball and somewhat protect Luck, well our SB chances will run dry once again and I really do think we will at least have a new HC in Indianapolis in 2016.

Yeah, the honeymoon all is swell you survived cancer goodwill tour is over & to quote Gordon Gekko from the movie "WallStreet" "Christmas is over & business is business...You either do the job right or you get eliminated" [replaced]. Irsay spent the money & Grigs has provided the talent. Grigs stays no matter what, but Chuck knows what time it is. 

No more excuses. I like Chuck, but it's now or never. Show me we can hang with Pittsburg, Dallas, & NE at the very least. I don't think I'm demanding a lot here either SL12. 

I agree the Titans were good in 1999 under Steve McNair & 2006 under Vince Young since then Tennessee has basically been irrelevant. I will acknowledge that a quick QB turnaround is possible since INDY did it in 2012 with Luck & I've always respected DC Dick LeBeau.

But let's not get too ahead of ourselves here Mr. Walker okay. Talk is cheap. Prove it on the field 1st & then we'll talk alright.

Ahead of himself? He said he's confident they'll be .500 and pointed out that they weren't anywhere near a SB. All he basically said was that he's confident they're heading in the right direction and won't be a cellar dweller. Nothing wrong with that.

Ahead of himself? He said he's confident they'll be .500 and pointed out that they weren't anywhere near a SB. All he basically said was that he's confident they're heading in the right direction and won't be a cellar dweller. Nothing wrong with that.

Here's what he should have said Wig. "We sucked last season & there's a reason we were able to draft  Marcus Mariotta as the 2nd overall pick. Nobody & I mean nobody viewed as a threat. We just need to put our heads to the grindstone, master our playbook, & see what happens." 

Buying into the program & what Ken Wisenhunt is selling is 1 thing, but breaking even is nothing to brag about or even say outloud for that matter. 

Your best course of action here is to admit your team was horrible, say there's only 1 way to go but up, & play the snake in the grass dark, cinderella surprise assassination squad that no one ever sees coming.

Titans have some nice pieces, Not sold on the Quarterback situation at all

Yeah, if Chip Kelly was coaching Marcus in Philly, I'd be more confident in their 2nd round pick. Ken Wisenhunt is good with veteran QBs like Warner & Rivers but rookies...The jury is still out on that 1.

Who's their backup Ryan Fitzpatrick? He's a decent place holder, stop gap band aid measure who won a few games in his career in Buffalo & Houston I guess.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Texans-QB-Ryan-Fitzpatrick-on-Time-with-Titans-I-Met-a-Lot-of-Great-People/9d095439-9a35-4e8c-a12a-fd8b2048564f

I like what he said about his tenure with the Texans:

"You definitely appreciate it, especially after I was released in Buffalo. That off-season, and trying to figure out where I was going to go play, it was all in a backup role, that backup capacity. I didn’t know if I’d ever have a chance to really be the guy again. I appreciate every start that I get and really don’t take anything for granted at this point in my career, because who knows how much longer I have in terms of my career? I still love playing the game, love being out there. We’ve been up and down this year, but each day, that daily grind has been fun." 

What no love for JJ Watt getting you the ball back & extra touches on offense? Come on man. Show some respect dude. Just joking man...

What the Titans do all depends on Mariota. Honestly, if Mariota pans out, and turns out to be a good QB then they'll finish 2nd behind us. I love the future of their receiving corps. Green Beckham, Hunter, and Wright. That's a good set of young WR's right there. So Mariota's in a position to succeed with the talent around him on offense, and every young QB needs a good TE. Walker is just that. So if its all up to how good Mariota is.

Yeah, if Chip Kelly was coaching Marcus in Philly, I'd be more confident in their 2nd round pick. Ken Wisenhunt is good with veteran QBs like Warner & Rivers but rookies...The jury is still out on that 1.

Who's their backup Ryan Fitzpatrick? He's a decent place holder, stop gap band aid measure who won a few games in his career in Buffalo & Houston I guess.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Texans-QB-Ryan-Fitzpatrick-on-Time-with-Titans-I-Met-a-Lot-of-Great-People/9d095439-9a35-4e8c-a12a-fd8b2048564f

I like what he said about his tenure with the Texans:

"You definitely appreciate it, especially after I was released in Buffalo. That off-season, and trying to figure out where I was going to go play, it was all in a backup role, that backup capacity. I didn’t know if I’d ever have a chance to really be the guy again. I appreciate every start that I get and really don’t take anything for granted at this point in my career, because who knows how much longer I have in terms of my career? I still love playing the game, love being out there. We’ve been up and down this year, but each day, that daily grind has been fun." 

What no love for JJ Watt getting you the ball back & extra touches on offense? Come on man. Show some respect dude. Just joking man...

I'm not sure Wisenhut is good with anybody. I'm thinking Todd Haley and Mike McCoy did more for those teams' offense than Wisenhut.

Here's what he should have said Wig. "We sucked last season & there's a reason we were able to draft Marcus Mariotta as the 2nd overall pick. Nobody & I mean nobody viewed as a threat. We just need to put our heads to the grindstone, master our playbook, & see what happens."

Buying into the program & what Ken Wisenhunt is selling is 1 thing, but breaking even is nothing to brag about or even say outloud for that matter.

Your best course of action here is to admit your team was horrible, say there's only 1 way to go but up, & play the snake in the grass dark, cinderella surprise assassination squad that no one ever sees coming.

That's what YOU think he should have said, and just because he didn't say exactly what YOU wanted him to, doesn't mean he said anything wrong.