Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

impressed by Duron

ColtsFanMikeC

I think it's a bit premature to be crowning Carter and Moncrief as good as a lot of other teams #1's.

Moncrief is only a year in and Carter hasnt even played a single NFL snap. Rein it in a bit. We all hope they are going to play that well sure, but lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

I agree. People got all excited over Rogers too when he had a couple games with some production. I seem to remember a certian playoff game last year where EVERYONE was getting shut down...TY, Moncrief, Reggie....except for our TEs Luck couldn't find ANYONE open. Moncrief had a couple productive games but he is still very very raw. Carter hasn't even played a preseason game....heck a practice in PADS so I do think many are way ahead of themselves. I think we have seen two years in a row that our receivers like Reggie and Heyward Bey and Nicks just weren't good enough to get it done against elite defense...so we upgraded. A powerful offense can be the best defense...especially run defense if a team has to play from behind.

I have no problem with Carter being moved after camp, like we did with Burley. But I doubt that it happens. Grigson talked about going into camp and thinking you're deep at a position, and then a few weeks later things look a lot different. He said they're fine with being stockpilers at certain positions. While that applies to several positions -- OL, DB, etc., -- it definitely applies to WR the past two seasons. I think they see Carter as a guy with long term potential, so long as he stays on task, so I don't think they'll be itching to get rid of him. But if someone calls up with a great offer, he's not untouchable. 

If Moncrief is your #1 then your WRs are complete %. There are roughly 0 teams he'd be a #1 for, at this point.

Eagles just got Agholor, but Riley Cooper?  SD has average WR's!  KC Chiefs WR's didn't even score a TD last season.  Im not saying he's great, but merely average!  There are alot of average WR corp's out there... That's all I'm saying!

Eagles just got Agholor, but Riley Cooper?  SD has average WR's!  KC Chiefs WR's didn't even score a TD last season.  Im not saying he's great, but merely average!  There are alot of average WR corp's out there... That's all I'm saying!

Eagles = Jordan Matthews/Nelson Agholor .... SD = Keenan Allen ..... KC = Maclin ....

I like Moncrief, and he may surpass these guys at st some point (even this year) and become a potential #1 ... but at this point he would not be the #1 on any of those 3 teams. 

Multiple WR sets are cool to watch & all & yes, it provides Pep versatility sure, but I wanna see a relentless pass rush & protect Luck like an unborn baby in the womb.

#Clean Jersey with no grass stains.  haha

I agree, sack the qb, stop the run, protect luck and open running lanes

Why would we want to trade Duron or Moncrief?  Andre may only be here for 1 year.  I think our receiving core going forward will be TY, Dorsett, Moncrief and Carter.  But that's just my opinion  LOL.

Solid thinking.  Andre is only here for a year or 2. 

Who would you compare him when and if he hits his ceiling. Who in the nfl can he play like, or compare to. I don't know his 40 time, or his game speed. I'd say since he's slim, and assuming his game speed looks like a low 4.5. He can compare to AJ Green.

Funny thing montreal's go to man when carter showed up was S.J Green. And SJ is still the man in montreal. And if they trade carter, that will be the stupidest move by a GM ever.

Eagles = Jordan Matthews/Nelson Agholor .... SD = Keenan Allen ..... KC = Maclin ....

I like Moncrief, and he may surpass these guys at st some point (even this year) and become a potential #1 ... but at this point he would not be the #1 on any of those 3 teams. 

I think you guys aren't grasping what I'm saying.  There are 2 WR's as #1's (right and left).  Agholor is a rookie and Matthews isn't that good either.  Keenan Allen is better but he is their only solid WR.  Maclin is okay, but the KC WR corp didn't even get 1 TD ALL OF LAST SEASON. 

Anyway I was just pulling teams out of my hat.  St. Louis Rams can be added (Kenney Britt and Chris Givens) Texans (Hopkins and Cecil Shorts), Jaguars (Marquis Lee Justin Blackmon).  None of these #1's are good either!  The go2 guy Britt/Hopkins are better, but the starting role on the left would be open.

Im not saying Moncrief would easily be there to take the position, but I bet he can definitely compete for the role against those "leftovers"!  All these players that I just mentioned are average, so it's not that hard to believe.

I think you guys aren't grasping what I'm saying.  There are 2 WR's as #1's (right and left).  Agholor is a rookie and Matthews isn't that good either.  Keenan Allen is better but he is their only solid WR.  Maclin is okay, but the KC WR corp didn't even get 1 TD ALL OF LAST SEASON. 

Anyway I was just pulling teams out of my hat.  St. Louis Rams can be added (Kenney Britt and Chris Givens) Texans (Hopkins and Cecil Shorts), Jaguars (Marquis Lee Justin Blackmon).  None of these #1's are good either!  The go2 guy Britt/Hopkins are better, but the starting role on the left would be open.

Im not saying Moncrief would easily be there to take the position, but I bet he can definitely compete for the role against those "leftovers"!  All these players that I just mentioned are average, so it's not that hard to believe.

872 yards for a rookie wr is pretty good...especially with an average QB throwing him the ball, only 105 targets as well...That was only good for 42nd in the league last year, If Luck is throwing him the ball he is a yearly 1000 yard wr if he was our #1 or 2, Hilton only had 861 yards his rookie year