Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles biggest trade for #2 was a "whopper"

no there is no way Chip would neuter his roster like that. That's an all pro DL, a pro bowl caliber LB, and a promising edge rusher plus 3 high picks. This would really hurt that defense.

If it's true though we won't know until Tennessee is on the clock

Because the 1st's would be low....

The Eagles pick at 20,  and likely one of the Brown's picks....

And the Titan's may not like the players they'd get in the first round....

who cares. cox and kendrick are young and pro bowl level players

Because the 1st's would be low....

The Eagles pick at 20,  and likely one of the Brown's picks....

And the Titan's may not like the players they'd get in the first round....

I'm not necessarily sure they'd be low draft picks. They already regressed last year, and this year I see them at about .500. Before all is said and done, Kelly will run that team into the ground.

I'm not necessarily sure they'd be low draft picks. They already regressed last year, and this year I see them at about .500. Before all is said and done, Kelly will run that team into the ground.

They were 10-6 both years under Kelly.

Just because someone is a contrarian thinker and doesn't follow the "normal" protocol for coaching and managing a team, doesn't mean he will fail. 

I see nothing about his system that isn't sustainable. He's not running a Shanahan/RG3 option or the wild cat. 

He's still in the process of shaping the roster into what he wants it to be. IDK, we all have our opinions but to definitively state he will run the Eagles into the ground seems a bit premature to me. 

How would you like to be on a Chip Kelly team? Desean Jackson, gone. McCoy, gone. Maclin, gone. Acquired Bradford for Foles and gave up a 2nd rd. pick to get Bradford, now he is another chip in the latest trade rumor. Cleveland wanted Bradford, so they give up their #19 pick. So if is now two first rounders, a 2nd rounder, Kendricks and Cox. Also he is also putting Boykin and Mathis out there for trade bait to acquire more ammunition. I don't know if this will happen, but he is neutering his team, at least defensively to get one player. Would you want to play for him when you don't know from yr. to yr. if you are in his plans. The offense with Mariotta better be very good, because he is going to kill the defense!

If I am the Titans, the latest trade offer I jump on. Hell, I would take two 1st rounders for Mariotta. People are treating him like he is the second coming, and most project him as not as starter, unless on Chip's team. Titans should pull the trigger. They have massive holes and it instantly upgrades them, as long as they can pay Kendricks and Cox after this year to keep them.

They were 10-6 both years under Kelly.

Just because someone is a contrarian thinker and doesn't follow the "normal" protocol for coaching and managing a team, doesn't mean he will fail. 

I see nothing about his system that isn't sustainable. He's not running a Shanahan/RG3 option or the wild cat. 

He's still in the process of shaping the roster into what he wants it to be. IDK, we all have our opinions but to definitively state he will run the Eagles into the ground seems a bit premature to me. 

He just reeks of a guy who wants to surround himself with 'yes' men and HIS guys. The fact that he wanted to trade Fletcher Cox and Mychal Kendricks for an unknown rookie that he recruited tells me so. I actually approve of the McCoy/Alonso trade, but there are better ways of building a team than just bringing in all the familiar faces from your college program. Just wait for him to overdraft Arik Armstead in a little bit.