Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't think we can get him. If anything, they will package him for the 2nd overall pick. My guess is (if it actually happens) the Eagles trade Sam Bradford to the Browns for the 12 overall pick and give the Titans the 12 overall pick, a third rounder, Fletcher Cox, and Mychel Kendricks for the number 2 pick.. but maybe this is being overblown.

The problem is the amount of money he may want when his contract comes up in a couple of years. 

If we can trade #29 for Mychael Kendricks and Fletcher Cox, then we really boost the D, but I am not sure we can keep them moving forward. I would want Kendricks involved. Then we could see about trading Freeman for 4th round pick. 

The benefit for the Eagles in an extra #1. Throw in the #19 pick for Bradford from the Browns and you have the #19, #20, and #29 plus potentially a 2016 #1 to move up to #2 for Mariota. 

Yes, but it looks like he's a trade chip to get to #2. I doubt he's available for anything else.

He wouldn't be, but if we gave up #29, and Bradford goes to Cle for #12, then PHI would have 12, 20 and 29 for Mariota.

The problem is the amount of money he may want when his contract comes up in a couple of years. 

If we can trade #29 for Mychael Kendricks and Fletcher Cox, then we really boost the D, but I am not sure we can keep them moving forward. I would want Kendricks involved. Then we could see about trading Freeman for 4th round pick. 

The benefit for the Eagles in an extra #1. Throw in the #19 pick for Bradford from the Browns and you have the #19, #20, and #29 plus potentially a 2016 #1 to move up to #2 for Mariota. 

He has two years left for a combined 9 million or so and you're worried about the money he'll want in 2017?

Might be available & he would look real good in Blue & White. If you were GM would you move 29 to aquire big Cox?

To replace Langford?

Seems like the kind of guy that would contibute to making the whole front seven better.

Actually with his pressure, even the pass D.

I certainly Question how much a Rookie D-Lineman can help us win a SB the this year.  So YES!

To replace Langford?

Seems like the kind of guy that would contibute to making the whole front seven better.

Actually with his pressure, even the pass D.

I certainly Question how much a Rookie D-Lineman can help us win a SB the this year. So YES!

For me, it wouldnt be to replace Langford but Redding. Langford is a little bigger I would match him up at LE to face RTs. Put Big Cox at RE to matchup w/ LTs since hes a much better athlete. And like you I think he would be an upgrade over any DE rookie we could draft. I would make the deal I think he's a borderline pro bowl Dlineman.

He has two years left for a combined 9 million or so and you're worried about the money he'll want in 2017?

We have a LOT of money we are about to dole out in order to keep an array of different players currently on the roster (Castonzo,Hilton, Fleener, Allen, Freeman, and of course Luck).

I am not interested in spending a first round pick on a 2 year rental. If we make this type of trade, I would like to ensure we can sign him to an extension.