Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Intriguing match ups in 2015 - Manning could break yardage record in Indy

amfootball

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/166566/inside-slant-peyton-manning-breaks-the-record-in-indianapolis-and-six-other-nfl-schedule-takeaways

Interesting story hear about some of the best match ups next season. Of note, Manning could be on pace to break the yardage record at Indy in week 9. The writer also thinks the Pats in week 6 could be looking to beat Indy even worse than the playoff game given emotions over Deflategate.

Personally, I am looking forward to Seahawks at GB in week 2 on Sunday night. Talk about a team wanting revenge. lol. I also like the Jets at Giants in week 13 because I get to see one NY team lose no matter what. lol.  And Seahawks at Ravens in week 14 should be great too with big time defensive football on display.

Without Revis and Browner, I am certain the Colts put up more points.

We will finally have a 1 possession game vs the Patriots, just not sure who wins at the end. You know who I am rooting for :). Maybe the Patriots have one of their early season bumps on the road here :).

Colts 34 Patriots 31 is my premature prediction.

Without Revis and Browner, I am certain the Colts put up more points.

We will finally have a 1 possession game vs the Patriots, just not sure who wins at the end. You know who I am rooting for :). Maybe the Patriots have one of their early season bumps on the road here :).

Colts 34 Patriots 31 is my premature prediction.

I just don't see the Colts D stopping the Pats. Until they do, hard not to predict a double digit win.

I just don't see the Colts D stopping the Pats. Until they do, hard not to predict a double digit win.

I think it will be closer since the Pats secondary is so much worse now.  But in the end some no name Patriots running back will likely put up 200 yards on us again.  

I don't have any reason to believe that won't be the case this time.  Not much on the Colt's defense has changed and I don't think the Pats have had any big losses on offense either.

I do not see the Colts losing to Denver. They own them, and it's in Indy too.

The Colts are due to finally beat the Patriots, but I don't know. Last year, I did pick them to beat the Pats and they got stomped down. But I think the Colts are due to at least play them tougher and a close game for a change. 

amfootball is right. There is absolutely nothing, at this point, to suggest the Colts can hang within single digits of the Pats. In the Luck era, we've been thoroughly out played, out toughed, and out coached. They're going to have this game circled too. Not because of the rivalry (that is dead from their POV), but because Kraft will demand blood. Are we ever going to get the results of this investigation, btw?

NE has thoroughly beaten the Colts each time we've faced them in the Luck Era. Their formula has been simple: win at the line on both sides. They have dominated at both, offensively and defensively. Have we made any improvements or enough improvement to change this? IMO, we haven't done enough, especially defensively. And we wont out scheme them.

Brady has attempted just a handful of deep passes against the Colts in recent games. Of those 4 or 5 deep passes, we have intercepted 3 (Mike Adams and DQ). All of the rest of Brady's passes have been short, dink & dunk passes, which have been very successful against us. We should play Brady the way we played Manning -- take away the short stuff and make him air it out. All of that will not matter, however, if we can't stop their run game.