Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two Weeks Out: NCF's Colt's Mock 1.0

I'm not sure there will be a 2.0,  I've never been a big fan of mocks,  but I figured everyone else is doing them so I might as well join the crowd....     the more the merrier!

Round 1:    Eddie Goldman     NT     Florida State

Summary:   I think he'll be there, but I'm following the mandate of Jim Irsay who wants the Colts to be able to stop the run in January.     That starts up front.

Round 2:    Damarious Randall  S    Arizona State

or

Derron Smith           S     Fresno State

or

Eric Rowe               S     Utah

Summary:  Commitment to defense continues here.   I'd be OK with an ILB, but don't think most of them will fall to this spot.   And the one who will, I'm not prepared to commit to him in R2.

Round 3:  Donovan Smith      OT     Penn St.

or

Daryl Williams        OT     Oklahoma

or

Ty Sambrailo          OT     Colorado St.

or

Rob Havenstein     OT     Wisconsin

Summary:  Commitment to building the OL and find the eventual replacement for Cherilus happens now.    Hoping one of the four will be there.

Round 4:  Mike Davis             RB     S. Carolina

or

Jeremy Langford    RB     Michigan State

or

Buck Allen              RB     USC

or

David Cobb            RB     Minnesota

Summary:   Confident that one of the four will be there.   Would be happy with any of them.

Round 5:  Lettavious Walton   DL    Central Michigan

or

Derrick Lott            DL     Chattanooga

Summary: Quality depth with a player that can be groomed for better.  Each has upside.   If not DL, then a linebacker could happen here.

Round 6:   TRADE:  Package both our 6's to move up toward the top of the 6th to take....

Tony Lippet           WR/CB    Michigan State

Summary:   Colts need a candidate for the 5th WR and the 4th CB.   Lippett might be able to do both.    Don't think he'll be around at the bottom of the 6th.   Trade likely needed.

Round 7:   BPA with both picks

Comments always welcome and appreciated.    And my whole plan has to change on the fly if Goldman is gone.    Like Phillips and Davis,  but not in the 1st.   Would prefer to trade back to the top of the 2nd to take either there.

I'm not sure there will be a 2.0,  I've never been a big fan of mocks,  but I figured everyone else is doing them so I might as well join the crowd....     the more the merrier!

Summary:   I think he'll be there, but I'm following the mandate of Jim Irsay who wants the Colts to be able to stop the run in January.     That starts up front.

Would you consider Phillips or Davis in Lieu of Goldman or do you go another direction altogether if Goldman is gone?

Would you consider Phillips or Davis in Lieu of Goldman or do you go another direction altogether if Goldman is gone?

I like both Phillips and Davis, but not as 1st rounders.

I'd prefer to trade back into the top of the 2nd, hopefully get a 4th and then take one of those two, or someone like ILB

Eric Kendricks.

I like both Phillips and Davis, but not as 1st rounders.

I'd prefer to trade back into the top of the 2nd, hopefully get a 4th and then take one of those two, or someone like ILB

Eric Kendricks.

I'm a little skeptical that Goldman reaches us if he is in fact the player we'd hope him to be, but I'd be fine if 29 turned into a RT.

Round 2:    Damarious Randall  S    Arizona State

or

Derron Smith           S     Fresno State

or

Eric Rowe               S     Utah

Summary:  Commitment to defense continues here.   I'd be OK with an ILB, but don't think most of them will fall to this spot.   And the one who will, I'm not prepared to commit to him in R2.

Round 3:  Donovan Smith      OT     Penn St.

or

Daryl Williams        OT     Oklahoma

or

Ty Sambrailo          OT     Colorado St.

or

Rob Havenstein     OT     Wisconsin

Summary:  Commitment to building the OL and find the eventual replacement for Cherilus happens now.    Hoping one of the four will be there.

Round 4:  Mike Davis             RB     S. Carolina

or

Jeremy Langford    RB     Michigan State

or

Buck Allen              RB     USC

or

David Cobb            RB     Minnesota

Summary:   Confident that one of the four will be there.   Would be happy with any of them.

Round 5:  Lettavious Walton   DL    Central Michigan

or

Derrick Lott            DL     Chattanooga

Summary: Quality depth with a player that can be groomed for better.  Each has upside.   If not DL, then a linebacker could happen here.

Round 6:   TRADE:  Package both our 6's to move up toward the top of the 6th to take....

Tony Lippet           WR/CB    Michigan State

Summary:   Colts need a candidate for the 5th WR and the 4th CB.   Lippett might be able to do both.    Don't think he'll be around at the bottom of the 6th.   Trade likely needed.

Round 7:   BPA with both picks

Comments always welcome and appreciated.    And my whole plan has to change on the fly if Goldman is gone.    Like Phillips and Davis,  but not in the 1st.   Would prefer to trade back to the top of the 2nd to take either there.

Nice Mock NewColt! I like a lot of the position needs in each of the rounds and a lot of the options you've given us. Goldman is solid and I definitely love him. If we can get Donovan Smith in the third, I'll do a backflip off my house. Lippett is a cool option I haven't seen in a mock yet, he'd give us versatility. Very well done.

I'm not sure there will be a 2.0, I've never been a big fan of mocks, but I figured everyone else is doing them so I might as well join the crowd.... the more the merrier!

Round 1: Eddie Goldman NT Florida State

Summary: I think he'll be there, but I'm following the mandate of Jim Irsay who wants the Colts to be able to stop the run in January. That starts up front.

Round 2: Damarious Randall S Arizona State

or

Derron Smith S Fresno State

or

Eric Rowe S Utah

Summary: Commitment to defense continues here. I'd be OK with an ILB, but don't think most of them will fall to this spot. And the one who will, I'm not prepared to commit to him in R2.

Round 3: Donovan Smith OT Penn St.

or

Daryl Williams OT Oklahoma

or

Ty Sambrailo OT Colorado St.

or

Rob Havenstein OT Wisconsin

Summary: Commitment to building the OL and find the eventual replacement for Cherilus happens now. Hoping one of the four will be there.

Round 4: Mike Davis RB S. Carolina

or

Jeremy Langford RB Michigan State

or

Buck Allen RB USC

or

David Cobb RB Minnesota

Summary: Confident that one of the four will be there. Would be happy with any of them.

Round 5: Lettavious Walton DL Central Michigan

or

Derrick Lott DL Chattanooga

Summary: Quality depth with a player that can be groomed for better. Each has upside. If not DL, then a linebacker could happen here.

Round 6: TRADE: Package both our 6's to move up toward the top of the 6th to take....

Tony Lippet WR/CB Michigan State

Summary: Colts need a candidate for the 5th WR and the 4th CB. Lippett might be able to do both. Don't think he'll be around at the bottom of the 6th. Trade likely needed.

Round 7: BPA with both picks

Comments always welcome and appreciated. And my whole plan has to change on the fly if Goldman is gone. Like Phillips and Davis, but not in the 1st. Would prefer to trade back to the top of the 2nd to take either there.

I really like it. We are looking at a lot of the same players and position order was close as well.

The biggest difference is I think we have to address CB in this draft for a couple of reasons.

The obvious reason being Toler's age and impending FA. Luckily there are a handful of press corners who fit what we do well

We both know the cost of a good press CB on the open market. They are pricey.

I think we need to walk away from this draft with a CB that can contribute this year and potentially develop into an upgrade at the position next year.

Gordy while not a huge loss leaves a roster spot open. A solid young CB to pair with Davis will make playing D a lot easier. Doing it thru the draft will save millions.

I would hope we grab a CB the first two days. Then come back for the OT which I see as a need for depth this yr and to take over for GC the beginning of day 3. We need to lose his contract.

I could see one of the guys you have listed sliding to the 4th maybe with the exception of Smith. I also like Darrien Miller day 3.

Nice mock. I really like a lot of these picks, but I just cant see Lippett playing both WR and Corner in the NFL. I think he'll end up as a wide out.

I can understand your reasoning, however, I believe he will end up playing corner. I believe he has almost reached his ceiling at WR but he has so much more room to grow as a CB.