Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady throws out first pitch at Fenway...

GoPats

It was directed to no one specific. Some of you Patriots fans take your man (and girl) crushes to extreme. You would think that Brady walked on water and is the second coming of the Messiah. He is no more talented than a few other QBs in the NFL. He is the benefactor of fantastic luck and some questionable calls over his career. As usual the QB gets all the glory when other factors play a big deal in their careers. I will not go into detail about those factors as we all already know them.

We're really gonna do this huh? 

For starters, if I had a "man crush" on Brady, why would I post a video of him making a pathetic ceremonial first pitch, especially considering that he throws things for a living?

As for your assessment of Brady's talent and his career, you're entitled to your opinion. But I will say, making outlandish and derogatory comments like that, you immediately come off as a bitter, jealous, hate-filled Manning fan-boy. But I digress. 

Overall, gotta say, way to take a fun, light-hearted thread and completely crap all over it. Good for you.  :thmup:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're really gonna do this huh? 

For starters, if I had a "man crush" on Brady, why would I post a video of him making a pathetic ceremonial first pitch, especially considering that he throws things for a living?

As for your assessment of Brady's talent and his career, you're entitled to your opinion. But I will say, making outlandish and derogatory comments like that, you immediately come off as a bitter, jealous, hate-filled Manning fan-boy. But I digress. 

Overall, gotta say, way to take a fun, light-hearted thread and completely crap all over it. Good for you.  :thmup:

Outlandish and derogatory? Manning fan-boy? Your are warped. I guess I will just add you to the already long list of Patriots fans who have nothing to say that interest me. It's no big deal.

Baltimore lost more than NE did this offseason in my opinion. Wilfork was already in the process of being replaced....but Ngata was still playing at a pro bowl level. They lost Mcphee, Canty, Cody, Stewart, Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, and Owen Daniels. Granted their secondary may come back healthier and they have a lot of picks in the draft but I would say they are a year away from winning their division and being really dangerous. Cincy still is a better overall team despite their qb and Pittsburg's offense is very dangerous. I just don't see Baltimore ready to take that next step without retooling a bit over the next couple years. The loss of Kubiak I think hurts the most.

I do think we are the team that should test NE the most. I honestly don't trust BUF, MIA, or NY to upend NE. Sorry...prove it to me first. None of them have a qb or offense I trust to get it done. Brady has shown he can beat ANY defense.....sorry if he can pick apart Seattle, Pittsburgh through the years, Baltimore when it was great, it isn't like he can't beat an elite defense. Great thing about NE offense is its ability to morph and change to what is needed to beat their foe. One week they can throw it 50 times to beat Baltimore and the next run it 30 times to kill us. Don't get me wrong that division will beat up on each other but NE is by far the class and while the others likely go 500 NE will still win it by going 11-5/12-4. It would be big for us to get home field in the playoffs but even so we still can't match up with Gronk...Edelman is still hard to cover...and they still know how to run the ball on us. Hopefully we play better on offense to keep Brady off the field but Bill always works his defense and teams into shape by post-season....always play better as the year goes along...and those young guys like Butler and company will give teams fits you wait and see. Still the cream of the crop. Best qb in the afc (Brady), most dominant/unstopable player (Gronk), and best OL means that offense won't miss a beat....and the defense while weaker has the best coach in the league so they are still the favorites in my book. Will they get past Seattle or Green Bay....tough call but I think they will be there. If Seattle is healthy in the championship I think they may win it this time with a little better offense it looks possibly...but Bill knows how to eliminate your best player and I look for him to take Graham out. GB I think would be a tougher challange because Rodgers is that good and he has more weapons and doesn't mind going to 3rd or 4th option. What Bill lost I think he can replace. Not Revis taking away half the field but Browner was a rental to combat Julius Thomas and big bodied wrs...and Revis is great...but your not going to pay him for what he was...but will be...and NE sees that his best days are behind him (even if he is still great). Bill will system you...and I think be just fine. To sleep on NE would be a big mistake in my book. I think we can win...but we have a lot to prove....and we have to do it on the field. I do think the matchup is a lot more even though...the closest its been talent wise since Luck has arrived so we should have our shot.

I never sleep on NE, but Ozzie Newsome can remold with the best teams in the league & Joe Flacco always gives the Patriots a run for their money almost every year in the playoffs. Bill Belichick isn't indestructible. I've always liked Baltimore & I know how well they flip the switch in the post season. NE isn't repeating this year. I don't give a darn how elite Brady & Edelman are either. 

NE is a proven franchise, but they won't be hoisting a 5th Lombardi trophy above their head this year. 

I never sleep on NE, but Ozzie Newsome can remold with the best teams in the league & Joe Flacco always gives the Patriots a run for their money almost every year in the playoffs. Bill Belichick isn't indestructible. I've always liked Baltimore & I know how well they flip the switch in the post season. NE isn't repeating this year. I don't give a darn how elite Brady & Edelman are either.

NE is a proven franchise, but they won't be hoisting a 5th Lombardi trophy above their head this year.

That's pretty bold of you, SW. You can be sure some people will bookmark this...You have to give NE a little more credit than that.

That's pretty bold of you, SW. You can be sure some people will bookmark this...You have to give NE a little more credit than that.

That's fine. People can flag this post to their heart's content. Where am I disrespecting NE exactly? I said the Patriots are an elite franchise which they are, but you don't just lose key secondary pieces & Wilfork & slide dudes in there & just gel or click. And, despite his age, Vince Wilfork was still a dominant presence with agility & decent running stuffing ability. 

Why are so many people treating NE like mythical greek gods? They're not. They barely won the SB. The Patriots are exceptionally well coached yes, but any team can fall any Sunday. 

I'm wrong a lot, but I never run. You know where to find me & I always own my mistakes. 

That's fine. People can flag this post to their heart's content. Where am I disrespecting NE exactly? I said the Patriots are an elite franchise which they are, but you don't just lose key secondary pieces & Wilfork & slide dudes in there & just gel or click. And, despite his age, Vince Wilfork was still a dominant presence with agility & decent running stuffing ability.

Why are so many people treating NE like mythical greek gods? They're not. They barely won the SB. The Patriots are exceptionally well coached yes, but any team can fall any Sunday.

I'm wrong a lot, but I never run. You know where to find me & I always own my mistakes.

You are taking me way too seriously. I should have added a smiley face or some other emoticon to that post. I apologize if I upset you.

You are taking me way too seriously. I should have added a smiley face or some other emoticon to that post. I apologize if I upset you.

No problem. I wasn't mad at you or anything NFLfan. Yeah, given my sarcastic tendencies, I used to get my posts misinterpreted sometimes until Gramz suggested I use emotion symbols more often which seems to have helped me down the stretch. 

It's hard to attribute intent sometimes from just words alone. We're cool my friend. No worries.  :thmup:

To the bolded SW, that is exactly what NE does pretty much every year. They move on from players and slide new ones in. Look at the offensive line last year -- no Mankins, no serviceable center and they just slide a rookie in at Center and another rookie in at Guard. Same thing with LB last year. Mayo goes down and they slide in Casilias and Ayers. Ridley goes down and they slide in Gray and Blount. That is pretty much their MO.

In terms of Wilfork, he was declining the last two years. He was basically a two down player last year and would have been even less this year. They have three players ready to go to replace him in Jones, Siliglia and Branch.

I do tend to agree though that it will be difficult for the Pats to repeat. It is just hard to do no matter which players you lose or gain. I do think their secondary will be not at the same level as last year but I am hopeful their front 7 will be able to carry the load more and pressure the QB to take pressure off what looks like will be a young secondary.

I have no issue with your stance on the Pats but more so on how you are getting there. To say they won't repeat because they lost some key players is the exact reason why people believe they will repeat. They have been the best organization at moving on from players and having replacements in the wings. We will see if Bill can wield his magic again this year ...

i hope I don't have to...if that means the colts are there but sorry if I disagree....it isn't about being gods....they just are THAT good. Best qb of this generation...best coach....they have the offensive mvp not playing qb in Gronk who in my mind if you have a healthy gronk the last few years you have easily two more Super Bowls or an injured welker. Who knows if talib doesn't get hurt maybe as well. They move on after losing pieces better than any organization in football. Because of the coaches and Bill building teams and game plans around what they do well and what they want to take away they always have a shot. They are very talented but even when they have less talent they still find a way to win because they out scheme...out think and out play their opponent. Tom and Bill.....nobody else has them...and they are my favorites until someone proves they can beat them.

Lol @ that pitch. I thought for sure it would look better than that.

I didn't know that he was drafted as a catcher. I guess you learn something new every day.

Has anyone seen the first pitch Kaepernick threw awhile back? THAT was a good first pitch, although he was a pitcher in baseball.

I view 1st pitches of a SB Championship QB the same way as I do honorary doctorate degrees. Just something to frame, take a picture of, & keep only for nostalgic or symbolic reasons that's it.

Teddy Bridgewater received a similar honor. The Kentucky Derby Festival named him grand marshal of this year's Pegasus Parade in Louisville. The people of that city just love Teddy. I have to take a trip to Louisville soon.

Quote:

“This year's theme is ‘Best of Louisville' and we know fans will agree that Teddy is just that,” said Mike Berry, president and CEO of the Kentucky Derby Festival. “We are excited to have him back to participate in one of the biggest events in the city each year.”

http://m.bizjournals.com/louisville/blog/morning_call/2015/04/teddy-bridgewater-is-this-years-republic-bank.html?r=full

To the bolded SW, that is exactly what NE does pretty much every year. They move on from players and slide new ones in. Look at the offensive line last year -- no Mankins, no serviceable center and they just slide a rookie in at Center and another rookie in at Guard. Same thing with LB last year. Mayo goes down and they slide in Casilias and Ayers. Ridley goes down and they slide in Gray and Blount. That is pretty much their MO.

In terms of Wilfork, he was declining the last two years. He was basically a two down player last year and would have been even less this year. They have three players ready to go to replace him in Jones, Siliglia and Branch.

I do tend to agree though that it will be difficult for the Pats to repeat. It is just hard to do no matter which players you lose or gain. I do think their secondary will be not at the same level as last year but I am hopeful their front 7 will be able to carry the load more and pressure the QB to take pressure off what looks like will be a young secondary.

I have no issue with your stance on the Pats but more so on how you are getting there. To say they won't repeat because they lost some key players is the exact reason why people believe they will repeat. They have been the best organization at moving on from players and having replacements in the wings. We will see if Bill can wield his magic again this year ...

I'm always amazed at how some fans of NE are so quick to downplay or minimize Wilfork's contributions or athletic ability. 

"With Wilfork moving on, his former head coach Bill Belichick had nothing but praise for Wilfork.

“Few players reached or will ever reach the special level of Vince Wilfork.  He is a great champion and one of the classiest people I have ever been around – just a kind, genuine and giving person who was all about our team, football, winning and bringing joy to others.  There may have never been anyone at his position with as much strength, toughness, intelligence, instinctiveness and athleticism.  He is the best defensive linemen I ever coached, an all-time great Patriot whose place on our team will be missed but whose remarkable career as a Patriot will be remembered forever.”

During his time in New England, Wilfork won two Super Bowls, four AFC Championships and appeared in five Pro Bowls.

Belichick’s comments regarding Wilfork were nothing but class and to call him the best defensive lineman he ever coached, shows just how import Wilfork was to the Patriots organization." 

It kind of irritates me how some Patriots fans are so quick to dump Wilfork on the trash dump just because he's no longer a member of the Foxboro fraternity. He did just win another SB with NE in February correct? 

Look, I will admit that the Colts have been too sentimentally attached to players in our franchise's past like Bob Sanders & Dwight Freeney but dismissing former pro bowl studs & Lombardi Champions just because they get older is equally dangerous IMHO AMF. 

Also, re-insertion of players in vital positions as they wait in the wings doesn't always work. Bill Belichick is not a machine or a draft wizard either. 

I'm always amazed at how some fans of NE are so quick to downplay or minimize Wilfork's contributions or athletic ability. 

"With Wilfork moving on, his former head coach Bill Belichick had nothing but praise for Wilfork.

“Few players reached or will ever reach the special level of Vince Wilfork.  He is a great champion and one of the classiest people I have ever been around – just a kind, genuine and giving person who was all about our team, football, winning and bringing joy to others.  There may have never been anyone at his position with as much strength, toughness, intelligence, instinctiveness and athleticism.  He is the best defensive linemen I ever coached, an all-time great Patriot whose place on our team will be missed but whose remarkable career as a Patriot will be remembered forever.”

During his time in New England, Wilfork won two Super Bowls, four AFC Championships and appeared in five Pro Bowls.

Belichick’s comments regarding Wilfork were nothing but class and to call him the best defensive lineman he ever coached, shows just how import Wilfork was to the Patriots organization." 

It kind of irritates me how some Patriots fans are so quick to dump Wilfork on the trash dump just because he's no longer a member of the Foxboro fraternity. He did just win another SB with NE in February correct? 

Look, I will admit that the Colts have been too sentimentally attached to players in our franchise's past like Bob Sanders & Dwight Freeney but dismissing former pro bowl studs & Lombardi Champions just because they get older is equally dangerous IMHO AMF. 

Also, re-insertion of players in vital positions as they wait in the wings doesn't always work. Bill Belichick is not a machine or a draft wizard either. 

Who is trashing Wilfork? He was a great player for a long time in New England but as with all players he has gotten older and been less productive. The Patriots have been working on his replacement the last 2 years since his Achilles injury as that is how valuable he has been. Not one player can replace Vince but it was time to move on for sure. The Pats have had his replacements in place because they prepare ahead for when their players get older. Part of me does wish Vince could have retired a Patriot but I am so happy he left NE a champion. He is the epitome of the Patriot Way.

We will see what happens this year with Bill but he has the best track record of retooling his team and keeping them competing for deep playoff runs. I don't see this year being any different but I do agree it will be very hard for them to repeat.

Who is trashing Wilfork? He was a great player for a long time in New England but as with all players he has gotten older and been less productive. The Patriots have been working on his replacement the last 2 years since his Achilles injury as that is how valuable he has been. Not one player can replace Vince but it was time to move on for sure. The Pats have had his replacements in place because they prepare ahead for when their players get older. Part of me does wish Vince could have retired a Patriot but I am so happy he left NE a champion. He is the epitome of the Patriot Way.

We will see what happens this year with Bill but he has the best track record of retooling his team and keeping them competing for deep playoff runs. I don't see this year being any different but I do agree it will be very hard for them to repeat.

I guess this being your first sentence about Wilfork rubbed me the wrong way. "In terms of Wilfork, he was declining the last two years." I get it. You were just taking about health, age, & moving in a new direction from Vince. I know you respect his championship contributions to your franchise as do I.

I was just surprised that was your 1st response about Vince. Not what a tremendous player he was, but his decline. It conveyed the false impression that Wilfork's departure from your club meant nothing like oh well time to reboot again. I treat a Colts departure of a beloved player like a funeral eulogy. You start with high praise, move on to personal milestones, & then profound sadness that they are gone. Not well his health was on the decline anyway, time to move on, can we turn the page already. 

Look, I know you care & that you're a good person AMF. Vince was a vital cog in NE's 4th Championship. Just send him off with kind words not more or less that his body was breaking down & he's just another replaceable piece in the Patriot Way puzzle. Vince is special not some run of the mill player who won a ring or 2. 

Yeah, it was cool to see him win some bling once again.  :thmup:

I guess this being your first sentence about Wilfork rubbed me the wrong way. "In terms of Wilfork, he was declining the last two years." I get it. You were just taking about health, age, & moving in a new direction from Vince. I know you respect his championship contributions to your franchise as do I.

I was just surprised that was your 1st response about Vince. Not what a tremendous player he was, but his decline. It conveyed the false impression that Wilfork's departure from your club meant nothing like oh well time to reboot again. I treat a Colts departure of a beloved player like a funeral eulogy. You start with high praise, move on to personal milestones, & then profound sadness that they are gone. Not well his health was on the decline anyway, time to move on, can we turn the page already. 

Look, I know you care & that you're a good person AMF. Vince was a vital cog in NE's 4th Championship. Just send him off with kind words not more or less that his body was breaking down & he's just another replaceable piece in the Patriot Way puzzle. Vince is special not some run of the mill player who won a ring or 2. 

Yeah, it was cool to see him win some bling once again.  :thmup:

I think I was going for brevity SW. lol. I should have shown more compassion to the big guy in my opening but I was going to the root of the debate about replacing players which is why I began that way.

When Vince did move on, I had several posts up here on how much I was going to miss him and how happy I was that he left NE a champion. Athletes like him are rare in any sport - tremendous leader, player, spokesman. He was a Patriot through and through and I am glad he found a home in Houston as I think he will flourish there where he won't have as much of the load to carry as he did here in NE with Watt and Clowney on either side of him.

Always appreciate your emotion SW. Good debate as always up here with you.