Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Emory Hunt's Colts Mock Draft.

I usually like Hunts stuff, but this mock is awful imo. These are based on his rankings, not where he expects player to go.

http://*/fbgps-2015-nfl-draft-special-inside-the-war-room-indianapolis-colts/

TL;DW:

1. Ibraheim Campbell, S, Northwestern

2. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB (S), Oregon

3. Adrian Amos, S, Penn State

So three straight safeties? Ok. 

4. Preston Smith, EDGE, Texas A&M.

I understand doing your own rankings, but a top-40 player dropping to basically the 5th round?

5. Zach Zenner, RB, South Dakota St.

6. Jeremiah Poutasi, OT, Utah.

Ok. Sensible picks. 

6. Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State

Ok guy.

7. Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas. 

Yes, because we didn't address the secondary enough. 

6. Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State

Ok guy.

If this happened, I'd be mad at Grigson for waiting so long. Unless rounds 1-5 were Fowler, Scherff, Gurley, Dupree and Phillips, which seems possible based on this mock. Then we can draft Landon Collins and Trae Waynes in the 7th...

Dustin said these picks are based on hunts rankings not where he expects them to go. Apparently Hunt has these DBs ranked 29th, 61st,and 93rd.

If this was a mock draft it'd be horrible. Since it involves rankings it's basically a really big Big-Board and the only argument is positional value.

Dustin said these picks are based on hunts rankings not where he expects them to go. Apparently Hunt has these DBs ranked 29th, 61st,and 93rd.

If this was a mock draft it'd be horrible. Since it involves rankings it's basically a really big Big-Board and the only argument is positional value.

it's still a mock draft.  it's just that he used his own rankings rather than just going with majority opinion, which I definitely respect.  if you watch the video he does actually defend going with the secondary in the first 3 rounds.

it's an interesting strategy to say the least.  personally I'd be perfectly fine going secondary in 2 of the first 3 rounds.

Well not exactly what I meant when I typed that. He has basic grades on these guys (ex. Amos as a late 3rd) and is mocking them to the Colts. 

So it is a mock, just based on his opinions of players.