Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR mock draft 4.5

since everyone hated 4.0, I revamped it

1.Danny Shelton NT (hey dustin thinks he can fall to us and he knows way more about the draft then I do)

2.Carl Davis DE

3.Josh Shaw S

4.Lynden Trail OLB

5.Jake Ryan ILB

6.Malcolm Brown RB

6.Imoan Claiborne CB

7.Leon Orr DE

7.Tyler Moore T/G

butcher away

Apart from Shelton and Davis, I like it. Just those are not going to happen. Shaw is decent, And I like Claiborne and Orr too. Nice work I just have some questions with the top of the mock.

well the way dustin explained it, shelton may fall because of his lack of stamina and pass rush ability. what we need are run stuffers. Ive seen carl davis fall into the second round so it wouldnt be surprising to see him at 61. we need to stop the run.

Guys....I know these mocks are fun, but I really think we better get our minds off Danny Shelton. IMO....the absolute latest he drops is to the Steelers at #22.

If I'm wrong and we do draft this guy, I will happily step up and accept all the rotten fermented cabbage you want to throw at me. :)

Guys....I know these mocks are fun, but I really think we better get our minds off Danny Shelton. IMO....the absolute latest he drops is to the Steelers at #22.

If I'm wrong and we do draft this guy, I will happily step up and accept all the rotten fermented cabbage you want to throw at me.  :)

steelers need secondary help not really DL. I honestly dont see shelton falling to us, but Id love for it to happen

If I'm wrong and we do draft this guy, I will happily step up and accept all the rotten fermented cabbage you want to throw at me.  :)

This, but I think that it is Cleveland, If not at 12, NO WAY they pass at 19. 

well the way dustin explained it, shelton may fall because of his lack of stamina and pass rush ability. what we need are run stuffers. Ive seen carl davis fall into the second round so it wouldnt be surprising to see him at 61. we need to stop the run.

He won't fall to 29, I explained it on Dustin's post way too many teams are suitors for him. Also, Shelton doesn't have a lack of Stamina, He actually played 80% of snaps on D last year for Washington. Considered a plus to his game. I think what Dustin was saying is the Nose Tackle position won't be on the field enough, but I disagree with that. And just since someone falls into the 2nd doesn't mean they'll fall to the bottom of the 2nd. Davis is probably a 40-50 overall selection, it's a stretch to have him at 61.

He won't fall to 29, I explained it on Dustin's post way too many teams are suitors for him. Also, Shelton doesn't have a lack of Stamina, He actually played 80% of snaps on D last year for Washington. Considered a plus to his game. I think what Dustin was saying is the Nose Tackle position won't be on the field enough, but I disagree with that. And just since someone falls into the 2nd doesn't mean they'll fall to the bottom of the 2nd. Davis is probably a 40-50 overall selection, it's a stretch to have him at 61.

Like I said I dont really expect him to fall to us. 40-50 overall isnt really a stretch to fall to 61. 30-40 is a stretch.  

Agreed...IMO, that's his likely spot.

If the Browns let him slip past that point I could see the Chargers grabbing him. I know they need a RB in San Diego, but with the depth at RB that exists in this draft I would say the better move would be to take Shelton because a D-line with him and Corey Luiget would really suck to try and run against.

I don't see Shelton falling. Lack of straight line speed aside, he is strong enough to push the pocket and has the lateral to have a decent tackle radius. He has the size and strength at the point of attack to plug up the middle in the run game.

I don't think he will get a ton of sacks in the NFL but he will collapse the pocket plenty and create disruption. He played a really high volume of snaps for Washington, so I don't think his motor will be questioned if he plays a few less per game.

Top 15 in my opinion. Browns wont pass at 12.