Ben Grubbs 2006 OG

Nick Mangold 2005 C

Hakeem nicks 2009 WR

Harrison Smith 2012 FS

Cordarelle Patterson 2013 WR

Steve Wisniewski  1989 OG

Nate Odomes 1987 CB

Hope for a harrison smith (landon collins) but they play differently

Wow...hard crowd. He was trying to say something positive people. The intent of the post is dead on.....we pick at  #29 because we are that good of a team....and gems can be found throughout the draft. Top 5 pay off more often than later, but after about 20 picks....it is an absolute crap shoot beyond anything other than stats. 

Factors that can make or break a player include:

scheme

home life

influences

coaching

maturity

and more

many of those above factors change as soon as they go pro. 

whoever thinks that isnt a good list just doesn't have a good football memory ..marcus allen :hof..steve wisniewski was annually considered one of the top guards during his playing days..nate odoms until he shredded his knee was one of the best corners in football ..both mangold and ben grubbs have been to multiple pro bowls..as far as nicks goes 90% of this forum was stoked when we signed him lastr year so before last two years plenty of people thought he was a good player..as far as patterson and smith go unlike most people i don't think it is fair tio really label any player a bust until at least 5 years in to thier career ..just my two cents anyway

whoever thinks that isnt a good list just doesn't have a good football memory ..marcus allen :hof..steve wisniewski was annually considered one of the top guards during his playing days..nate odoms until he shredded his knee was one of the best corners in football ..both mangold and ben grubbs have been to multiple pro bowls..as far as nicks goes 90% of this forum was stoked when we signed him lastr year so before last two years plenty of people thought he was a good player..as far as patterson and smith go unlike most people i don't think it is fair tio really label any player a bust until at least 5 years in to thier career ..just my two cents anyway

The list isn't impressive if you consider those are the best players drafted at 29 in the last 45 years

here is the list of good players selected with that pick: since 1970

Marcus Allen 1982 RB

Ben Grubbs 2006 OG

Nick Mangold 2005 C

Hakeem nicks 2009 WR

Harrison Smith 2012 FS

Nate Odomes 1987 CB

Marcus Allen was the 10th overall pick in the 1982 draft.

And that would not be Steve Wisnieski....   it was Steve Stepnoski who went to the Dallas Cowboys.

I'm not sure where you learned otherwise.

here is the list of good players selected with that pick: since 1970

Marcus Allen 1982 RB

Ben Grubbs 2006 OG

Nick Mangold 2005 C

Hakeem nicks 2009 WR

Harrison Smith 2012 FS

Nate Odomes 1987 CB

Me thinks you need to go back and do some fact finding. There is a couple of players on your list that is not correct.

And that would not be Steve Wisnieski....   it was Steve Stepnoski who went to the Dallas Cowboys.

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your foot. I noticed the same thing as you before I seen your comment.

You're right about Marcus Allen but I think he's right about Steve Wisniewski....the NFL record shows him to the Cowpies at #29 overall in the 1989 draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=1989&round=round1#round1

You're right about Marcus Allen but I think he's right about Steve Wisniewski....the NFL record shows him to the Cowpies at #29 overall in the 1989 draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=1989&round=round1#round1

You're right.....   turns out the joke is on me,  Mark Stepnoski was drafted one round later,  with the first pick in the 3rd round by the Cowboys.

When I saw Wisnewski, I figured the poster got him confused with the current Steve Wisnewski, the current free agent center from the Oakland Raiders....

Go figure.....

Thanks....      :thmup: