Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TE Julius Thomas to Jags Pretty Much Done Deal

I hear that the Jaguars are now heavily pursuing Demarco Murray. With the potential addition of Murray, Thomas and with their #1 receiver, Blackmon returning from suspension, their offense will be much improved. They will focus on building their O-line through the rest of FA and the draft. 

I hear that the Jaguars are now heavily pursuing Demarco Murray. With the potential addition of Murray, Thomas and with their #1 receiver, Blackmon returning from suspension, their offense will be much improved. They will focus on building their O-line through the rest of FA and the draft. 

they will be strong up until the 4th week when all their injuries kick in again

Is Blackmon stable...is he committed to play

Is Blackmon stable...is he committed to play

Blackmon is a luxury for the Jaguars at the moment. They did well to draft Allen Robinson and Marquise Lee last year and pick up Allen Hurns as an undrafted FA. Shorts will walk, but they will probably draft his replacement or look to add someone as a free agent as insurance that Blackmon is not committed to playing.

Sweet.  He can't block and he's injury prone.  I also think he's highly overrated as a product of playing with Peyton

I agree, he's Jacob Tamme and Dallas Clark. Good players made much better because of Peyton. Also, he can't block worth a crap, Lewis was a great blocker for the Jags. So the Jags get better offense but lose when it comes to blocking for pass and running plays. A net positive, but not a huge gain..

Its true..the next good player Julius blocks will be the first...

..but he is very effective near the goal line...

.....You all have the real question....His ONLY pro QB has been Peyton Manning and he played very little in college

...Can he really play tight end or is he just a big wide receiver and can he catch the ball when it isn't thrown perfectly

It looks like they are going to throw over 10M his way, and probably will be the ones who offer Demarco Murray the most money. They have so much cap space, and per CBA they need to start spending it, or give it to the NFL Players Union. The question with the Jags in the end will still be Bortles?