Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Probably sounds crazy

I would be perfectly fine if McDonald and mid rounder like Tartt were the starting Safeties next year.

Clearly if we improve the DL which is very possible and get a solid ILB (Anthony or Perryman) I think will make the Safeties better.

Just hope we don't go after McCourty unless he comes cheap which I doubt.

I don't even know what he's looking for per year

Why would you want a UDFA, and a mid round rookie starting? Especially with so much cap.

I understand not wanting to go after a big name FA but you still need to look at atleast the mid tear S' after that. Also Mike Adams being resigned. 

Also why do you think making the ILB's better makes the S' better? If anything it would make them worse as teams would pass more when the LB's are stuffing the run. Could be exposed much easier.

Not a plan for success.

We have too much cap space for that. Now, I wouldn't mind McDonald getting his chance to compete for the SS spot if we signed a guy like McCourty or Moore for FS, but we have to have some playmakers. We cant sit around anymore and hope to get something out of nothing. I do agree our top priority should be the trenches, but we desperately need a ball hawking, playmaker at FS too.

I would be perfectly fine if McDonald and mid rounder like Tartt were the starting Safeties next year.

Clearly if we improve the DL which is very possible and get a solid ILB (Anthony or Perryman) I think will make the Safeties better.

Your plan would have no experience in a position where experience is vitally important.

Having one young player back there is one thing....   but having two?    Recipe for trouble....

why dont you go watch how the bears safeties did this year and come back to me

What have you seen from McDonald to suggest that this plan you hatched would work?

im all for seeing what winston guy brings to the table seems more promising an athlete the more i research him i like him alot better than 99% of the safeties available in the draft

him and mike adams with sergio brown and a free agent like Rahim Moore or Antrel Rolle or Darian Stewart or both i would be more than ok with

Good idea, buddy. It was fun watching Roethlisberger drop bombs on our defense all day in the Pittsburgh game last season so why not make it an every weekend event huh?

That was because Vontae was out and we had no pass rush. Ben had time to make a sandwich in the pocket that game.

Why would you want a UDFA, and a mid round rookie starting? Especially with so much cap.

I understand not wanting to go after a big name FA but you still need to look at atleast the mid tear S' after that. Also Mike Adams being resigned. 

Also why do you think making the ILB's better makes the S' better? If anything it would make them worse as teams would pass more when the LB's are stuffing the run. Could be exposed much easier.

Not a plan for success.

I watched our ILB`ers get smoked in pass D covering and over the middle and the outside and too often not being in position in run support.

So if we had guys who could do both of those things better, how would that help our safeties. Hmmm? Golly.

That is a tough one.