Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would You Go For Tie Or Win?

dn4192

Lets say game comes down to the final seconds, score is Tenn 21 Colts 14, then the Colts score as the Clock expires making it 21/20 with the extra point to come....Do yo kick it and go to overtime or do you go for 2 for the win and your first win of the season?

Lets say game comes down to the final seconds, score is Tenn 21 Colts 14, then the Colts score as the Clock expires making it 21/20 with the extra point to come....Do yo kick it and go to overtime or do you go for 2 for the win and your first win of the season?

Depends on how our offense has been playing. 21-20 no. 35-34 yes. But the question that comes into play is how much do you trust Orlovsky? How much do you trust Brown/Addai? I wouldn't be surprised to see Caldwell do something bold in an attempt to save his job, but me personally? Not with a score that low.

Great question.....

..the circumstances dont matter,....

You dont want to be the team that was so weak-kneed they played for a tie..when they were winless.

You put it all on the line,,,,1-15 or 0-16....One play to save your rep for all time.

You have to go for 2...Especially at home

Obviously you tie the game and then win it in overtime. Your question seems based on the assumption that going to OT is akin to losing. Don't quite understand that. If you've played even that long, there is no reason to be scared of OT.

Now if what you really meant was that it's the end of OT, and your choice is between trying for the win or going home with a tie, I'd try for the win this year. In a normal year it would depend on the circumstances. IE: If I tie locks up a playoff spot, you take the sure thing. This year, having a tie won't mean much. If you have a chance to win, you take it.

Obviously you tie the game and then win it in overtime. Your question seems based on the assumption that going to OT is akin to losing. Don't quite understand that. If you've played even that long, there is no reason to be scared of OT.

Now if what you really meant was that it's the end of OT, and your choice is between trying for the win or going home with a tie, I'd try for the win this year. In a normal year it would depend on the circumstances. IE: If I tie locks up a playoff spot, you take the sure thing. This year, having a tie won't mean much. If you have a chance to win, you take it.

This.....