Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OLB Brandon Graham wants 4 years, $30m

With $20m guaranteed.

http://nfltraderumors.co/eagles-free-agent-brandon-graham-reportedly-seeking-four-year-deal-worth-30m/

I think that's too much, and I doubt he gets it. Especially the guaranteed figure. This guy has a microfracture in his past, and while I really like him and included him in my first mock, I planned to scratch him from the next one. That was before I read this.

Let's say he gets what he's asking for, this is what it might look like: Signing bonus, $6m, first two years fully guaranteed, third year partially guaranteed

Base        Bonus       Cap Hit     Guaranteed   Dead Money$5.25m      $1.5m       $6.75m      Yes          $20.00m$6.25m      $1.5m       $7.75m      Yes          $13.25m$6.25m      $1.5m       $7.75m      $3.5m        $6.5m$6.25m      $1.5m       $7.75m      No           $1.5m

I can't take that ride.

I like him but not at the price considering I think we have a shot to get Dante Fowler in the draft who will come cheaper and just as good or better in the long term

Think the Colts have a better shot at Beasley, due to size concerns, than Fowler. Although Beasley is unlikely too.

Think the Colts have a better shot at Beasley, due to size concerns, than Fowler. Although Beasley is unlikely too.

I would absolutely love it if we somehow got Beasley. I think he's going to be special. Your right, people worry about his size. I guess they don't consider guys like Mathis, Dumervil, or Miller.

The sad thing is, some stupid team like Oakland will actually give him 30 million. I know Graham was pretty productive last season, but he wasn't anything special by any means. He's never lived up to his potential whatsoever. To me he's a very good backup, and that's if he produces like he did this past season. IMO, he isn't going to come out and get 12 sacks. I'm just not fan of guys like Graham, unless they come cheap as a backup. To his credit though, I do think he'd do better in a 4-3.