Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts mock draft: BPA/No Trades

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29: Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 29: Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State (A)
Round 3 Pick 29: Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 4 Pick 29: Javorius Allen, RB, Southern California (A)
Round 5 Pick 29: Jordan Hicks, OLB, Texas (A)
Round 6 Pick 29: Adam Shead, OG, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 6 Pick 31: Deion Barnes, DE, Penn State (A)
Round 7 Pick 28: Cam Thomas, CB, Western Kentucky (B-)

This is a draft where I basically chose the best player available. These were according to my rankings, however, so there are a few grades that aren't an A where I could of chose a better player according to First-Pick. This is probably a best case scenario draft without trades, however we could easily get a few of these players or a player of the same position and value if we go best player available.

This was my experience with it and something we could get close too on draft day by just going BPA.

goldman is a top 40 lock

I know, that's why I was saying I took the best player available. There's a chance someone close to his level could fall though to our pick though. There's always something unexpected that happens in the draft, hopefully it will benefit us. What benefited me in this mock was Goldman being the guy who fell. If it's not him in April, it will probably be someone else. The question is, can we take advantage of it and will it be a player that can help our team?

I wouldn't be mad with your first 4 picks in this scenario, picks 1&2 are really good. Don't know enough about the rest but you appear to adequately fill our needs.

Depending on F/A, this could work well. We'd definitely have to find a S to replace LaRoid, as well as a premier OG or RT.

I know, that's why I was saying I took the best player available. There's a chance someone close to his level could fall though to our pick though. There's always something unexpected that happens in the draft, hopefully it will benefit us. What benefited me in this mock was Goldman being the guy who fell. If it's not him in April, it will probably be someone else. The question is, can we take advantage of it and will it be a player that can help our team?

I agree, but I also think people fall for a reason in most cases... Lots of people forget that Werner essentially fell to us two years ago... Two months before the draft, nobody would have expected him to be there so late in the first...

Maybe I'm just playing devil's advocate... I'd be thrilled if Goldman was there in the 2nd.