Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Exactly eight years ago today...

RockThatBlue

That was 8 years ago already? Wow, time does fly doesn't it or should I say "When Doves Cry?" [A Prince halftime reference joke.]

Yeah, that was an awesome night. I enjoyed "Purple Rain" being performed as it rained literally. Great memories man. Great memories.  

I don't know about that when you get outscored 31-7 after having a 10-0 lead. 

The Colts were out coached and very out played vs the Saints. 

Tracy Porter's pick & TD score didn't even bother me that much. Oh sure, I hated to lose the game in the end, but that whole game changed on that onside kick in the 2nd half. That's why I had such an emotional reaction to GB's loss to Seattle in the NFC Championship this season because that special teams blunder brought that 2009 nightmare flooding back to me for all the wrong reasons. Sorry about my word choice [flooding] there Saints fans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Yes, the Saints defeated the Colts far & square & I do like Drew Brees. It's not like we lost to Tony Romo. So, for me, in any SB tragedy there is a silver lining Bogie & Cs4.  

That was 8 years ago already? Wow, time does fly doesn't it or should I say "When Doves Cry?" [A Prince halftime reference joke.]

Yeah, that was an awesome night. I enjoyed "Purple Rain" being performed as it rained literally. Great memories man. Great memories.

Man, you're right! I bought my first big screen HD TV before the game and it was almost a novelty back then. It was a great memory, not a great game though. Almost anticlimactic after what I consider the greatest game in Indy Colts history.

8 years! Wow.

I'm pretty sure Reggie was hurt in that game (New Orleans) and was a step slow on the slant Porter picked. That's my story, and I'll always stick to it! Everybody knew when we needed a first down Peyton threw that slant to Reggie. Had all year. Always worked, regardless. Man, that one play might've been another SB...

Dwight Freeney going out and half the secondary played a big part in that....Freeney was destroying them.....stupid ankle injury

Injured against the very team we should have eliminated in week 16.

Round of applause for our magnificent HOF Exec of the Decade.

Yep, still bitter after all these years.

Injured against the very team we should have eliminated in week 16.

Round of applause for our magnificent HOF Exec of the Decade.

Yep, still bitter after all these years.

Not only that, but injured in the garbage time of a 30-17 playoff win. 

So much for preserving health when there is nothing to play for.

My favorite part of that was watching it in Northwest Indiana where I was around a majority of Bears fans.

Were Chicago fans smack talking to you after the Devon Hester TD? That game blew my theory that nothing exciting happens in the 1st QTR of the SB right out of the water mattceincram.  ;)

INDY got the last laugh though so that's all that really matters.  :blueshoe: