Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning played past month with a torn quad

SilentHill

I never said it was a bad perception or that Manning should not throw. But the perception is there for a reason.

I think with Brady you had the playoff game last year where he handed it to Blount for 6 TDs and did not throw for any. And that you have the game in Nov where he let a FA in Gray run on Indy and I think had one pass TD. Can you think of any games from Manning where he has done this? In fairness though as I have said before, the Indy offense is not one that is a power run type of offense. It is predicated on the pass and Manning reading the match-ups. I agree that it is hard to argue with his success but I do think he will be fine going to a run game next year if he comes back. He will need to at age 39 to stay healthy all season.

So now it isn't about attempts per season, its about attempts in the playoffs. Hard to keep up with you changing the criteria.

To answer your question, yes the 2006 superbowl with that all time stud Dominck Rhodes

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now it isn't about attempts per season, its about attempts in the playoffs. Hard to keep up with you changing the criteria.

To answer your question, yes the 2006 superbowl with that all time stud Dominck Rhodes

No. I was talking perception as that was the question that was posed. And yes 2006 is a good example.

Lol, that spun out of control.

I never said Manning prefers to run over throw. All I said was the notion that Peyton he doesn't like to run is false. He very much enjoys to have a running back that can carry a load, much like Edgerrin. The Colts weren't run heavy with James, but when it came time for Edge to take over a game he did and Peyton let him.

You want an example, look no further than the Rams game on Monday Night. Threw three times in the red zone, and it didn't work. Next redzone he let James take over and the Colts scored. If he didn't like running he would have never given James the work.

I would find you the quote if I was able to find it, but it was years ago.