Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning played past month with a torn quad

SilentHill

I wonder if this scenario is the one that has Manning contemplating retirement. I think he realizes if he does come back he will have to be on a pitch count and morph into a run heavy offense. I wonder if that thought is too much for him given he has been one of the most prolific passers in the game.

I don't know where the idea of Manning doesn't like his team to run came from, but is actually completely false.

Manning has stated before he loves to have a runningback who can carry a load. Much like Edgerrin did.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were discussing your prediction on Manning's future... not sure how 2006 plays into that at all. Its good that you've moved on and don't feel the need to make half-informed statements about the guy. Good job by you.

My issue isn't with the injury. Even on the first TD score Peyton didn't look too excited. He also looked half interested through out the game

He's GONE and NOT COMING back!!!

You have to deal with it,lol.

It's ok caus we have a Elite, Franchise qb for the next dozen years.

he'll comeback but just not as a player. The Colts will honor him several times once he's done playing as they should. Irsay made the right call and while it was controversial at first every year that goes by proves it was more and more a no brainer, just having to cut the emotional string was the hard part.

I don't know where the idea of Manning doesn't like his team to run came from, but is actually completely false.

Manning has stated before he loves to have a runningback who can carry a load. Much like Edgerrin did.

Doesn't he have the most pass attempts of anyone in the game?

He played 20 years though so if you take his 10,169 attempts and divide over 20 seasons you get 508 per season.

Manning has played 17 years with 9,049 attempts which is 532 per season.

So Manning has put the air more than anybody in the game.

No Favre has put it in the air more. 10000>9000

You didn't say more per season you said most in the game

and outside of edge who were his great running backs?

Right and then I corrected to say most per season.

Why do you mean besides Edge? He played with Edge for 7 seasons and Marshall Faulk for his first season. Favre never had anyone close.

Right and then I corrected to say most per season.

Why do you mean besides Edge? He played with Edge for 7 seasons and Marshall Faulk for his first season. Favre never had anyone close.

1. Manning doesn't have most pass attempts per game all time.

2. Adrian Peterson Ahmad Green

Over 17 years? yes he does. No other QB has average that many over 17 years ...

so first it was most all time. you were wrong

next it was most per game also wrong

then most pet season. wrong yet again

now its the most over 17 years. How many qbs have played and been a starter for 17 years. Your premise was wrong the end

also yes seriously ahman green

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahman_Green

so first it was most all time. you were wrong

next it was most per game also wrong

then most pet season. wrong yet again

now its the most over 17 years. How many qbs have played and been a starter for 17 years. Your premise was wrong the end

also yes seriously ahman green

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahman_Green

lol. You need to go back and re-read. Never said most per game. I said most per season over 17 years. No other Qb has averaged that many attempts over 17 years.

Sorry, no on Ahman Green.

It referred to the post before it when he I broke down Favre's attempts over 20 years and Mannings over 17 years.

You said most per season. Its not my fault you can't figure out how to use google.

also green was an offensive player of the year and a first team all pro He rushed for more than 9000 yards and odds green bays all time leading rusher

You said most per season. Its not my fault you can't figure out how to use google.

also green was an offensive player of the year and a first team all pro He rushed for more than 9000 yards and odds green bays all time leading rusher

he was not close to the Edge or Faulk but you can keep taunting his numbers if you want ...

lol. Point remains though. I hope FX appreciates our thread to answer his question. If he even bothers to read it. lol.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. But if its that peyton doesn't like to have a ruining game you need to look at the number rushing attempts per team the last two years. New england has about 6 more attempts than denver over the last two years

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. But if its that peyton doesn't like to have a ruining game you need to look at the number rushing attempts per team the last two years. New england has about 6 more attempts than denver over the last two years

I was responding to this part of FXs post: "I don't know where the idea of Manning doesn't like his team to run came from"

And? The question was why Manning has this perception. He has more pass attempts and has had better running backs ... it really is simple.

Who cares about perception? Brady throws just as much as peyton does. And why wouldn't they? Both are HOF qbs. They should throw a lot, especially with the rules the way they are now

Who cares about perception? Brady throws just as much as peyton does. And why wouldn't they? Both are HOF qbs. They should throw a lot, especially with the rules the way they are now

I never said it was a bad perception or that Manning should not throw. But the perception is there for a reason.

I think with Brady you had the playoff game last year where he handed it to Blount for 6 TDs and did not throw for any. And that you have the game in Nov where he let a FA in Gray run on Indy and I think had one pass TD. Can you think of any games from Manning where he has done this? In fairness though as I have said before, the Indy offense is not one that is a power run type of offense. It is predicated on the pass and Manning reading the match-ups. I agree that it is hard to argue with his success but I do think he will be fine going to a run game next year if he comes back. He will need to at age 39 to stay healthy all season.