Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Broncos -- The Matchup (merge)

MJD42

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportsworld is right. 100%

Colts are Terrible. We have absolutely no chance because we only beat a dreadful team in the playoffs.

Patriots are amazing and have a mind-blowing secondary. Our secondary is horrific. Vontae should retire.

Lets all join a cult and kill ourselves before Sunday. 

(Also why are people talking about Indy and Denver? Isn't this the Patriots thread)

Sportsworld is right. 100%

Colts are Terrible. We have absolutely no chance because we only beat a dreadful team in the playoffs.

Patriots are amazing and have a mind-blowing secondary. Our secondary is horrific. Vontae should retire.

Lets all join a cult and kill ourselves before Sunday. 

(Also why are people talking about Indy and Denver? Isn't this the Patriots thread)

4958282150_0d28d988e7_z.jpg

Right now as in the last few games where Manning had the flu and for the first time ever (with the Broncos) sat out multiple practices in a row due to his thigh?

The guy has a few crappy games, with known illness/injury issues, and people are talking like he somehow just fell off a cliff and went from putting up 130+ passer ratings to ready for the old folks home overnight. The guys old and was banged up and they didn't put the onus on him to throw 50 passes a game the last third of the season. Makes sense to me. I just don't think the issues/weaknesses you see harped on in this thread are real at this point.

The last 4 games were very non Peyton like. We all understand he was sick and had a thigh issue. He's is old and the arm hasn't looked the same this year. But listen, we are all pretty level headed over here when it comes to match ups. I would not be offended by anything said because it's not even that bad. Could be worse. None of us here think Denver will go easy and many of us aren't too confident in winning next weekend. I just hope it's a good game.

I honestly think we can give Denver a run for their money. We will have to put up 35 plus points to win... IMO the game is going to come down whether we can limit them in the red zone. If we can turn a few of their possessions into field goals instead of touchdowns its a different ball game. They are going to get yards and drive. It's Peyton Manning. But in the end... I say Colts win 38-35.

I honestly think we can give Denver a run for their money. We will have to put up 35 plus points to win... IMO the game is going to come down whether we can limit them in the red zone. If we can turn a few of their possessions into field goals instead of touchdowns its a different ball game. They are going to get yards and drive. It's Peyton Manning. But in the end... I say Colts win 38-35.

And while you were stopping Murray (and his broken hand), Romo put four TDs on you.

I think it's going to be a good game, and without a doubt the Colts have a shot, but CJ has been killing it and I think PM, with a week off to rest up from the flu and thigh injury, is going to put a lot of premature smack talkers back in their place.  

Because you're not a premature smack talker?

Right now as in the last few games where Manning had the flu and for the first time ever (with the Broncos) sat out multiple practices in a row due to his thigh?

The guy has a few crappy games, with known illness/injury issues, and people are talking like he somehow just fell off a cliff and went from putting up 130+ passer ratings to ready for the old folks home overnight.  The guys old and was banged up and they didn't put the onus on him to throw 50 passes a game the last third of the season.  Makes sense to me.  I just don't think the issues/weaknesses you see harped on in this thread are real at this point.  

Peyton typically doesn't do well in the playoffs. We have a lot more experience with that than Broncos fans.

Peyton typically doesn't do well in the playoffs. We have a lot more experience with that than Broncos fans.

Well since he's been with the Broncos he has gone to the playoffs 3 times and lost to the Ravens that went on to win the SB and then last year took the team to the SB so you must be talking about when he was with the Colts right. :???: :dunno:  When he was with the Colts  he took the team to the playoffs quite a few times and won one SB so he hasn't done too badly  you can't win them all. this is just my opinion on the subject. :)

Well since he's been with the Broncos he has gone to the playoffs 3 times and lost to the Ravens that went on to win the SB and then last year took the team to the SB so you must be talking about when he was with the Colts right. :???: :dunno:  When he was with the Colts  he took the team to the playoffs quite a few times and won one SB so he hasn't done too badly  you can't win them all. this is just my opinion on the subject. :)

Point is he typically doesn't play all that well in the Playoffs. In 2006 he was pretty average in the playoffs. He had a great second half vs NE, and Rhodes should have been Super Bowl MVP. He's 11-12 in the playoffs...sub .500  (.478) His team loses 53% of the time.

He isn't unbeatable in the playoffs. It's okay to admit it. My sons middle name is Peyton FYI...I love the guy, I'm just giving my opinion and using facts to back it up.

He hasn't won a Superbowl in Denver yet so it's still okay to say he's not great in the Playoffs.

Hopefully, "Playoff Peyton" will show up.  Interceptions, etc.  If the D can get something going and throw him off of his rhythm, they can win.  Of course, Colts' O has to produce.  

Have you forgotten the SB he won for the Colts and the fact that there was NEVER a D that could stop the opposing team?